View Poll Results: Does your 911 stumble / hesitate
Yes - Stumbles / Hesitates (Appeared after xxxx miles)
18.37%
Yes - Stumbles / Hesitates (Started at delivery (0 miles))
13.27%
No - Smooth as silk (What stumble?)
68.37%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Engine Stumble Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 07:25 PM
naples991 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rnl
Probably could be easily detected and recorded on a dynamometer This would most liked be a prerequisite to any lawsuit along with with the opinion of an expert
How expensive is this to do? I am sure it will chart HP output over time which is bound to show a drop.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:55 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dux
Questionnaire will be posted shortly.
Awaiting a few more responses in order to have an adequate "stumble" pool.

Thanks in advance.
Hey dux. Could you include in your questionnaire if their standard RPM at idle is 600 and 800 in sport. Leaking vacuum would effect this.

Thanks

ChuckJ

Old 09-30-2014, 07:57 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Hey dux. Could you include in your questionnaire if their standard RPM at idle is 600 and 800 in sport. Leaking vacuum would effect this.

Thanks

ChuckJ
Great point - will do . Thx

Old 09-30-2014, 11:19 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dux
Great point - will do . Thx
We just have to make sure that people know it has to be fully warmed up to get this response.

Thanks again for working this issue.

ChuckJ

Old 10-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by DallasDave
I went from a 997.2 to the 991 with 18 miles on the odometer. After my first few drives I noticed the hesitation immediately and reported it to the dealer. Lead service tech indicated that he had it before but offered no solution.

I'm now over 6k miles and have had the pdk reprogrammed with no change. It is annoying when I initially accelerate from a light and the engine bogs down before full acceleration is achieved.

Still waiting to hear/read of a solution.

Dave in Dallas
Dave:
Did you take it to Cliff Blackshear (469-951-5227) at Plano Porsche and ride with him? Did he feel it and try to take care of it? If he can't fix it, we're all in trouble. If not, I recommend calling Issac Madrid (214-576-1923) and scheduling it in when Cliff can look at it.

ChuckJ

Old 10-02-2014, 07:26 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Folks,
I'm coordinating with another owner regarding posting the questionnaire.
Any suggestions on your preferred method to return the questionnaire?

Working with surveymonkey.com but open to other suggestions..

Last edited by dux; 10-02-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:04 AM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dux
Folks,
I'm coordinating with another owner regarding posting the questionnaire.
Any suggestions on your preferred method to return the questionnaire?

Working with surveymonkey.com but open to other suggestions..

Something online and easy. Surveymonkey works for me.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:46 PM
dux
Exclamation Survey

Please complete the survey below.

http://www.sogosurvey.com/k/RQsRVUSWsRsPsPsP

Thanks to Weim911 for agreeing to collaborate.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:48 PM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dux

Excellent, but I cannot submit since I have none of the options on question 7! Also, typo on question 20. Question 16 is also oddly worded - the question asks if it improves or worsens, but then the answer is yes/no. Does that just mean you're asking if it makes a change at all and you don't care if it improves or worsens?

Last edited by stealthboy; 10-02-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:54 PM
dux
Originally Posted by stealthboy
Excellent, but I cannot submit since I have none of the options on question 7! Also, typo on question 20. Question 16 is also oddly worded - the question asks if it improves or worsens, but then the answer is yes/no. Does that just mean you're asking if it makes a change at all and you don't care if it improves or worsens?
Please hold - addressing your observations.
Question 7 has been fixed.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:06 PM
dux
Corrections and clarifications have been made.
Thank you

Old 10-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
Filled out. Thanks dux!

Old 10-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by dux

Dux:
To clarify, this survey is only to be filled out by people who have the problem, correct?

ChuckJ

Old 10-02-2014, 02:54 PM
dux
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Dux:
To clarify, this survey is only to be filled out by people who have the problem, correct?

ChuckJ

No - I prefer that everyone fill out the survey so that we can determine a pattern / trend to differentiate the stumblers from the non-stumblers.

The more data we have, the better. That way we'll be able to drill down further, should certain commonalities start to become apparent.

Thanks for asking.

Last edited by dux; 10-02-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by dux
No - I prefer that everyone fill out the survey so that we can determine a pattern / trend to differentiate the stumblers from the non-stumblers.

The more data we have, the better. That way we'll be able to drill down further, should certain commonalities start to become apparent.

Thanks for asking.
Thanks for the clarification.

ChuckJ

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Engine Stumble Poll