View Poll Results: Does your 911 stumble / hesitate
Yes - Stumbles / Hesitates (Appeared after xxxx miles)
18.37%
Yes - Stumbles / Hesitates (Started at delivery (0 miles))
13.27%
No - Smooth as silk (What stumble?)
68.37%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Engine Stumble Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 04:21 PM
dremaley is infamous around these parts
Survey completed and sent. No stumble issue at this point.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:36 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Done! However my car has the stumble in 2nd, 3rd, and the fishing line tug in 6th gear and the survey only allowed me to select one gear.

BTW, I suggest everyone start complying with their states lemon law requirements because the word from PCNA continues to be that the behavior is normal and there's obviously no fix at this time and none on the horizon.

Last edited by mtony; 10-02-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:09 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
I've confirmed that it actually stumbles it in all gears @2500rpm, but is so much more evident in 2nd, 3rd and 7th. Perhaps it has something to do with the ratios and power available.

I can modify the poll to allow multiple selections (or all) for stumbling gears.

PCNA would be complete idiots to open up the proverbial floodgates and have a wave of LL arbitration's come their way - at least 25 at last count.

Not to mention that we're already in class action territory - and that's when it's really going to hit the fan.
Stumblers of the world, unite!

Update - Because the poll is currently active I can't make any changes.
Hence I'll leave it as is for now. But TRUST ME it stumbles in all gears.

Last edited by dux; 10-02-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Good survey dux. Thanks. Just got finished with it.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:02 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the help Sizzle.
Every now and again this madness seems surreal.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:48 AM
toddcc1 is infamous around these partstoddcc1 is infamous around these parts
I don't know if it was wishful thinking or just hypersensitivity, but I didn't notice it stumbling in Sport mode. I was toggling back and forth between Sport and normal, normal stubbles, sport was not or was less frequent in sport mode.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:00 AM
dux
Originally Posted by toddcc1
I don't know if it was wishful thinking or just hypersensitivity, but I didn't notice it stumbling in Sport mode. I was toggling back and forth between Sport and normal, normal stubbles, sport was not or was less frequent in sport mode.
No - you're not insane, because I too have "felt" this. However, after driving in Sport mode for a little bit, it quickly became evident that the issue persisted.

I have even been in cruise control @2500 while being tugged to death, and attempted all modes. Nothing I tried made a difference - A/C, PSE, Sport+, hanging the wife out of the sunroof... Nothing.

The Placebo effect is alive and well.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:22 AM
toddcc1 is infamous around these partstoddcc1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dux
No - you're not insane, because I too have "felt" this. However, after driving in Sport mode for a little bit, it quickly became evident that the issue persisted.

I have even been in cruise control @2500 while being tugged to death, and attempted all modes. Nothing I tried made a difference - A/C, PSE, Sport+, hanging the wife out of the sunroof... Nothing.

The Placebo effect is alive and well.
Ha. Wow, wife out the sunroof. You've nullified aerodynamics as a possible cause!

Old 10-03-2014, 09:38 AM
dux
Originally Posted by toddcc1
Ha. Wow, wife out the sunroof. You've nullified aerodynamics as a possible cause!
The sunroof episode was me exploring the "harmonic imbalance" theory that someone was blaming our stumble on.

Little did I know that they meant something completely different whereby our crankshafts are apparently out of balance, resulting in a "harmonic imbalance" and the subsequent shudder. Needless to say, me thinks not.

As for the wife, truly my everything and more..

Last edited by dux; 10-03-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Capsfan is infamous around these parts
Survey complete

Old 10-14-2014, 12:27 AM
Vintage Racer is infamous around these partsVintage Racer is infamous around these parts
None here.

The 991 is a great car.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:00 AM
TSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the rough
I've just submitted the questionnaire. Nothing unusual happening at 2500 rpm on my 991.

Spyder

Old 10-14-2014, 11:13 AM
28911 is infamous around these parts
I have just completed the survey. I have felt this stumble or hesitation around 2500rpms few times before in 2nd and 7th gear but thought it was just the engine behavior at that time, fuel, fuel mix, etc...just a momentarily bad combustion.

After reading all these threads, I have made a point to verify it over a few days it and yes I can feel that stumble/hesitation clearly in all gears around 2500 rpms except 1st.

I must say that I also own a 2003 S2K and a 2013 E92 M3, which have high rev engines and though at low rpms and tall gears, the engines can feel less responsive; they behave linearly without hesitation.

Keep the updates coming...

Old 10-14-2014, 11:46 AM
dux
Originally Posted by 28911
I have just completed the survey. I have felt this stumble or hesitation around 2500rpms few times before in 2nd and 7th gear but thought it was just the engine behavior at that time, fuel, fuel mix, etc...just a momentarily bad combustion.

After reading all these threads, I have made a point to verify it over a few days it and yes I can feel that stumble/hesitation clearly in all gears around 2500 rpms except 1st.

I must say that I also own a 2003 S2K and a 2013 E92 M3, which have high rev engines and though at low rpms and tall gears, the engines can feel less responsive; they behave linearly without hesitation.

Keep the updates coming...
Thanks for participating.
I'm beginning to suspect approx 10% -20% of cars are affected, most of which seem to have developed the issue.

I know that my car developed this issue and it's not something that I suddenly noticed after the honeymoon was over.

Appreciate the feedback.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:31 PM
991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dux
The sunroof episode was me exploring the "harmonic imbalance" theory that someone was blaming our stumble on.

Little did I know that they meant something completely different whereby our crankshafts are apparently out of balance, resulting in a "harmonic imbalance" and the subsequent shudder. Needless to say, me thinks not.

As for the wife, truly my everything and more..
I have piloted two different types of aircraft with known C-shaft harmonic imbalance, you can feel it as a vibration but not as a engine stumble per se. What I remember is the vibration and the "roughness". The fish line tugging presents more like a fuel flow/combustion/starvation problem.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Engine Stumble Poll