trunk Light, how long to drain battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 10:50 AM
solrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to all
trunk Light, how long to drain battery

I left the car yesterday morning with the trunk open, I'm not sure if the light stays on or at some point shuts off.

the afternoon I turned the car on and closed the trunk and I received this message about some battery sockets disconnected.. anyone had this message before and also I plugged the durametric cable and received CAN GATEWAY fault codes, air bag fault code and some other stuff not sure if because of low battery

Old 12-03-2014, 11:08 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the frunk light turns off after 15-20 minutes to save the battery. What you are seeing regarding battery sockets disconnecting is the the car is turning off the 12V accessory cigarette sockets to conserve battery life. If the car starts, drive around for a while to recharge the battery or hook up your battery charger.

Old 12-03-2014, 11:11 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Interesting... But what you've described I would say is typical of low battery condition. Easy test is to run the car a while, then check again for the codes. Also, did you check the V readout in the display after you started? What was the charge level under operating condition?

As an aside -- I left my parking lights (includes taillights and on my 4S the horizontal red strip as well) on for nearly 10 hours when I parked at the train station about a month ago, and when I returned in the evening the car started-up without any noticeable hesitation to charge or turn-over. I was frankly very surprised and just chalked it up to the efficiency of the LEDs. But if you experienced errors from simply the frunk light being on for an extended period, then my experience may have just been a fluke!

Old 12-03-2014, 06:47 PM
solrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to all
Thanks guys, I'll check taking the car for a ride and check the battery