New exhaust tips...installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 07:05 PM
Oerding911 is infamous around these parts
Those are beautiful, congrats!

Old 06-18-2015, 07:08 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you ! Appreciate it!

Old 09-24-2015, 11:14 AM
ltdodge is infamous around these parts
I got mine in, they are really nice. i ended up powdercoating them black. It cost me $60 to powder them black.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150923_185138_resized.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	480.7 KB
ID:	429041   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150923_185131_resized.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	517.2 KB
ID:	429042   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150924_072201_resized.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	336.9 KB
ID:	429043   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150924_072141_resized.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	349.9 KB
ID:	429044  
Old 09-24-2015, 12:40 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
^^They look great Luis! Compliment the car nicely!

Old 09-24-2015, 03:06 PM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
not sure the black tips look that good compared to sizzle chest's.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:34 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
The black tips complement the wheels very nicely.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:12 AM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Powder coating will fail. The tips get too hot. They need to be ceramic coated which is meant for pieces that get very hot. Trust me, I found out the hard way.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by STG991
Powder coating will fail. The tips get too hot. They need to be ceramic coated which is meant for pieces that get very hot. Trust me, I found out the hard way.
Ok, thanks for the heads up, something to monitor.

the guy that powder coated them is local and he said it will hold, they have done several exhausts. He said he will warranty the coating.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by trysixty
not sure the black tips look that good compared to sizzle chest's.
pictures don't do it justice, they look much better in person.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:10 PM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Sizzle Chest - How are your polished tips holding up? How many miles would you guess you have on the car since you installed them?

I'm having a problem with the tips on my aftermarket exhaust having pitted and discolored after about 4000 miles (including a few track days). They are double-wall and look pretty similar to the ones on your car and I'm wondering if these would fare any better.

Thanks!

Old 09-29-2015, 10:08 PM
^^^They are holding up great! I probably have about 1,000 miles on them. No issues with the finish at all.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:25 PM
dvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to behold
Can you please PM me or post the link to these tips as well? Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest
So...I have been wanting to get some different tips for my car. I changed the exhaust and it sounds great! I wanted an exhaust tip(s) that looked the part of how the car now sounds!

I've been looking at all of the available options for a while now. Aftermarket offerings seemed to have too much 'Porsche tax' included in the price and I was contemplating getting some 'regular aftermarket' tips and welding them on or making some clamps for them. I then ran across the thread here where PorV8 purchased some eBay tips...this had crossed my mind as well, since the price point was something I thought was acceptable. The review was favorable and I picked up a set and beat isugoo out of the set he wanted! LOL

Review/thoughts/observations:

Shipped out very quickly. I had them within one week from overseas.
Packaged nicely. No damage upon opening. The quality looks very good. Not fantastic, but very good. There are a few minor imperfections in the chrome finish, but nothing that jumps out and screams at you.

Pics:

I may still need to do a little adjusting on them to get them as close to 100% even...

I'm digging the look! Much 'bigger/agressive' look in my opinion, and the finish is really popping off the dark agate/black rear end!

Let me know what ya think!

Old 10-02-2015, 04:31 PM
PM'd^^^^^

Old 10-16-2015, 10:59 AM
Sejzilla is infamous around these parts
can you pm me the link for them on ebay? thanks so much, also, do you know if these will fit PSE?

Old 10-16-2015, 12:43 PM
Yes. They will fit PSE. I have PSE.

PM sent!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New exhaust tips...installed!