Base 991 3.4L, need opinions on your exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 06:58 PM
ratedpg is infamous around these parts
Base 991 3.4L, need opinions on your exhaust

Hi everyone. I am a new member to this forum coming from a highly modified (race exhaust, catless downpipes, race intercooler, air intake, JB4 stage 2 tune, methanol kit) F30 BMW 335i. I gave her up for a 2013 911 base carrera 3.4L due to my BMW starting to fall apart and give me problems after 50k miles.

I LOVE my new Porsche. I picked her up two Saturdays ago, dropped it off to get tint installed the same day, and dropped the car back to the dealer a couple days later to get a clear bra installed. They offered to repaint the front bumper due to some scratches prior to placing the clear bra. I also got them to install a sport style lip and powdercoat the wheels platinum grey. I'm excited to pick her up on Thursday and get these H&R spacers and KW height adjustable springs installed that are sitting in my garage.

The only other thing I'd like to do is to make her sound meaner. By no means am I looking to have her sound as beastly as my modified 335i with no cats but I'd like her to have a more aggressive tone. I've been researching my exhaust options prior to purchasing the Porsche. I don't care for an option to make it sound louder or not such as a switchback system or PSE.

My options include:

1) Sharkwerks sport exhaust

Pros: Amazing sound on youtube videos, takes about two weeks to build and ship, great Porsche reputation, most affordable option.

Cons: Heard some rattling issues on PDK vehicles, no quad tip option.

2) Fabspeed race exhaust

Pros: Sounds like a beast, takes about two weeks to build and ship, comes with a quad tip option.

Cons: Seems to sound more loud and "muscle car like" compared to an exotic Porsche, poor fitment issue reputation, poor quality reputation on exhaust tips turning grey

3) AWE sport exhaust

Pros: Sounds very pleasing, comes with a quad tip option, great reputation and guarantees on fitment and sound, great increase in horsepower and torque.

Cons: Takes three weeks just to build, costly for just an x-pipe and tips.

4) Sharkwerks exhaust plus AWE or Fabspeed tips

Pros: Favorite sound plus I could get the look of quad tips.

Cons: Would rather stick to one vendor for my exhaust needs.

5) Tubi exhaust

Pros: Can't go wrong with Tubi's reputation, engineering, and quality.

Cons: Almost $5k just for an exhaust for a base carrera does not seem to make sense to me; if I were to spend that much for an exhaust, it's going on a Turbo or a GT3.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:41 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
I installed the Kline exhaust on my 4S last year. It has one of the best sounds out there, very euro sport F1 sounding not American muscle sounding. Can't speak for the other exhausts but the Kline is a full exhaust not just an X pipe. Check out their website.
I believe this is the link to one clip I posted on YouTube.

Here is another.

Last edited by Jersey Shore; 10-28-2015 at 12:44 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:52 AM
ratedpg is infamous around these parts
Jersey Shore,

Did you get the stainless or iconel exhaust? It sounds beautiful. Too bad I can't find very many videos or information about 991 Carreras with this exhaust.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:50 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
It's the Iconel. It's beautifully made. Good luck.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:19 PM
991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about
I have the AWE with the chrome tips on my 2014 3.4. I love it so much that it is going on my 2016 in a few weeks.

Frank C.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:32 PM
tron786 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
I installed the Kline exhaust on my 4S last year. It has one of the best sounds out there, very euro sport F1 sounding not American muscle sounding. Can't speak for the other exhausts but the Kline is a full exhaust not just an X pipe. Check out their website.
I believe this is the link to one clip I posted on YouTube.

Here is another.
Sounds pretty similar to PSE.
OP...Why wouldn't you consider PSE? I'm sure it can be wired to stay on permanently?