Anyone Hear a Jax Type F V8 S Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 01:06 PM
1977jw is infamous around these parts
Anyone Hear a Jax Type F V8 S Exhaust?

Test drove one this morning and the exhaust sounds incredible. Has anyone drove one of these that's also driven a 991 C2S with PSE? If so does the 991 has the that sweet of exhaust, with all of the burbbles and pops?

Old 10-31-2015, 03:28 PM
1977jw is infamous around these parts
No troll here. I genuinely asking the question. I'm a 911 guy but as i mentioned, drove the Jag this morning and the thing sounded incredible. I haven't been able to drive a 991 with PSE so i'm asking it if it sounds nearly as good.

Old 10-31-2015, 04:09 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Work associate of mine had one, and I have to say that it sounded awesome from outside. Never heard it from inside, so can't compare to my S with PSE.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:43 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
I have driven both. My 991 has PSE. I fell in love with the Jag. The power, the SOUND was intoxicating. LOVED it! However, the P car got the nod...from a depreciation and build quality standpoint I had to go with the P car. My Porsche sounds great...makes beautiful sounds...just not on par with the Jag. That was on a different level and I was really surprised that it was a factory exhaust with how aggressive it was!

That being said, I am very happy with the 991. It has much more room than the F type roadster I test drove and seems more 'practical', albeit a bit more expensive than the F type.

*** I have since replaced the PSE with an FVD system and am thrilled with it!

Old 11-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1977jw
No troll here. I genuinely asking the question. I'm a 911 guy but as i mentioned, drove the Jag this morning and the thing sounded incredible. I haven't been able to drive a 991 with PSE so i'm asking it if it sounds nearly as good.
Ya I have yet the folks who own it get annoyed as it cannot be defeated..it becomes a nuisance very soon. Btw, I love how the coupe looks...care less about the convertible...

Old 11-02-2015, 12:05 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
The F Type R sounds perfect with the raunchy, burble-filled exhaust note. Is it better than a 911 with PSE? Probably. But as others have stated, it's a matter of personal preference (and keeping in mind that we're comparing two very different engines here).