Help deciding a Wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 06:55 PM
arlan in arizona is infamous around these parts
Help deciding a Wheel

Hey Guys,

I am purchasing my first Porsche. It is a 991.2 Carrera 4S. For my first set of wheels I have pretty much decided on the MS Spyder Design wheels. But I also love the Carrera Classic Wheel.

The car is going to be GT Metallic Silver (another difficult decision).

Her are Porsche website photos of the car and wheels.

Any and all replies will be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:13 PM
SergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the rough
They both look great, but the Classic design will be easier to keep clean so I'd opt for that. My favorite at the Sport Techno wheels on my 991 because they are REAL easy to clean and you see through the entire wheel, and I like that. Unfortunately, I don't think they offer those for the 991.2, at least not yet.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:21 PM
Thanks.

I had considering the wheel cleaning aspect of each. One thought I had is the MS Spyder Design will be harder to clean, but show less brake dust. I am not sure how fast the brake dust collects though. I would assume by the time it collected it would be time to wash the car anyway.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:29 PM
Vise is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by arlan in arizona
I had considering the wheel cleaning aspect of each. One thought I had is the MS Spyder Design will be harder to clean, but show less brake dust. I am not sure how fast the brake dust collects though. I would assume by the time it collected it would be time to wash the car anyway.
Two comments...

The Spyder Design wheel looks great but will be difficult to clean. Similar-ish to my Turbo S centerlocks in design and I have enough experience keeping them clean. Not impossible but not the easiest either.

As for brake dust... it collects very fast and very often. See here or Rennlist for no end of people complaining about brake dust accumulation.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:41 PM
Two reply's so far. I love the Carrera Classic Wheel so I am staring to lean back that direction. Just thought the Spyder Design wheel would be something different. I'm on the fence with yet another decision.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:49 PM
Vise is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by arlan in arizona
Two reply's so far. I love the Carrera Classic Wheel so I am staring to lean back that direction. Just thought the Spyder Design wheel would be something different. I'm on the fence with yet another decision.
Not that it helps but if it was my decision I'd choose the Spyder Design wheel all day... seems fresher and likely a better match to the 991.2 updates. Cleaning and brake dust be damned.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:58 PM
All input helps. Thanks.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:00 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Second wheel tens times before the first.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:52 PM
mhollack is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Goin2drt
Second wheel tens times before the first.
x2

Old 12-17-2015, 02:10 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mhollack
x2
Yep, X3

Old 12-17-2015, 04:28 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
get the carrera design in platinum silk gloss, i sometimes think they look better with brake dust on them

Old 12-17-2015, 07:19 AM
porsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to behold
I like the spider wheels like on my Turbo S. Get the PCCB and no brake dust. Got to admit those wheels are hard to clean. Had the classic on my 2012 CS easy to clean, but without the PCCBs they throw a lot of brake dust.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:20 AM
porsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to behold
BTW the silver metallic is gorgeous. what color is the interior?

Old 12-17-2015, 07:58 AM
john45in is infamous around these parts
IMHO the broad 5-spoke Sport Wheel is my favorite. A classic look and very easy to clean.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by porsche42
BTW the silver metallic is gorgeous. what color is the interior?
Black.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help deciding a Wheel