Remove the PDK shift knob

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 07:07 PM
Squires9914s is infamous around these parts
Remove the PDK shift ****

Anyone know how to remove the PDK shift ****? I'm trying to replace it with CF piece from MA carbon (the installation guide on MA site is not clear enough and I don't want to mess it up) Thanks in advance

Old 01-04-2016, 07:28 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
The MA Carbon guide is pretty accurate. Things you can do to make things easier - 1) move shift **** to N to give you a better angle; 2) use a piece of rubber (like the rubber sheets used to help you open jar tops) to help you twist the collar; 3) push down on the shifter as to twist the collar as that helps relieve some of the pressure off the collar making it easier to turn. I circled the collar that you need to turn. Good luck and post pics when done.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PDK 2.jpg
Views:	1960
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	436436  
Old 01-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
The MA Carbon guide is pretty accurate. Things you can do to make things easier - 1) move shift **** to N to give you a better angle; 2) use a piece of rubber (like the rubber sheets used to help you open jar tops) to help you twist the collar; 3) push down on the shifter as to twist the collar as that helps relieve some of the pressure off the collar making it easier to turn. I circled the collar that you need to turn. Good luck and post pics when done.
Thank you so much I really appreciate your help ..there is one collar under the PDK sign..are we talking about that piece ? Or you mean the whole shifter ? And how hard to push down? I just don't want to damage anything. Any VDO clip on YouTube would be very appreciated.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:45 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I guess it depends on the year - for my 2013, "PDK" was part of the collar that moved, but on my 2015, "PDK" is not part of the collar that moves. As far as how hard to push down, you don't need to push down too hard, just enough to help turn the collar, it just depends. In the video you can see I did not have to push down at all for my CF shifter. Hope video clears things up for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soaQ...ature=youtu.be

Old 01-05-2016, 12:54 PM
I guess it depends on the year - for my 2013, "PDK" was part of the collar that moved, but on my 2015, "PDK" is not part of the collar that moves. As far as how hard to push down, you don't need to push down too hard, just enough to help turn the collar, it just depends. In the video you can see I did not have to push down at all for my CF shifter. Hope video clears things up for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soaQ...ature=youtu.be
Finally got my shift **** off. Thank you so much I really appreciated your help . I was wondering where did you get that CF shift **** on your YouTube ?

Old 01-05-2016, 01:12 PM
Good Squires, happy to help.

Got CF shifter from Germany, DB Carbon - not cheap, but awesome quality and even better customer service. What I liked about it is that it is all CF - no chrome bits. Where did you get all your CF surrounds from?

http://shop.db-carbon-interieur.de/e...ducts/330-0001

Old 01-05-2016, 01:17 PM
Good Squires, happy to help.

Got CF shifter from Germany, DB Carbon - not cheap, but awesome quality and even better customer service. What I liked about it is that it is all CF - no chrome bits. Where did you get all your CF surrounds from?

http://shop.db-carbon-interieur.de/e...ducts/330-0001
I also got those surround pieces from DB. Your shift **** looks super dope I like it a lot but $1k let me see..lol