car wash?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 11:27 AM
Compukidd is infamous around these parts
car wash?

Hi...when I had my 911, I always washed it by hand but I also never drove it in the winter. Now that I have the Macan, the winter roads trash the paint. I would like to know any opinions about running the Macan through a car wash. Is it safe? Will a car wash damage the paint? The 911 was soft and I would never risk it but I can't wash the Macan in the winter. Thanks in advance for any opinions or experience.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:04 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Compukidd
Hi...when I had my 911, I always washed it by hand but I also never drove it in the winter. Now that I have the Macan, the winter roads trash the paint. I would like to know any opinions about running the Macan through a car wash. Is it safe? Will a car wash damage the paint? The 911 was soft and I would never risk it but I can't wash the Macan in the winter. Thanks in advance for any opinions or experience.
I would personally go through a car wash on it as long as it is touch-less. you don't want brushes messing up the clear coat on a nice finish like your Macan.
If it was warm outside, I would personally hand wash it.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:09 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
I'm just home from taking my Cayenne S e-hybrid through a brushless car wash and I'll probably be doing it again next week. Did the same when I had my P4S. A rite of passage for East Coast winters.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:31 PM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
I never use a car wash. I always wash by hand. In the winter I use a rinseless wash method. Takes two buckets, optimum no-rinse, and a bunch of microfiber towels. As an added bonus I can do it in my garage.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:09 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
I use the rinseless on my GTS because I don't take it out that much in the winter. However, because of the treated roads, I like that the car wash can also clean the undercarriage.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:03 PM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Living in NE PA, and driving my 991 daily, keeping car clean in the colder months is a real challenge. So I adopted a "waterless" wash process in the winter... and a correction when the weather supports doing hand wash outside. I haven't used the "rinseless" wash yet, but on someones suggestion that it works better will give it a shot.

Last wash I performed just before the Blizzard this past weekend.... Shot a crummy little vid and posted on YouTube for those interested. And I don't need to hear from anyone crying about how they would never do this, never let their car get wet, and blah blah blah. I drive my car every chance I get, and thoroughly enjoy the "weathering" process!

Here's the vid:

Old 01-28-2016, 04:27 PM
I have a great deal of products from The Chemical Guys including their waterless wash. I do it the same as you demonstrated. I have also used their rinseless wash with good success. Recently, I have been using Pinnacle's Rinseless Wash on my GTS. As you know, black shows everything and the Pinnacle product has been flawless.

Thanks.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:07 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
2007 S
2009 4S
And now my 2013 4S
I took them all through Automatic Soft Cloth Tunnel washes.
Brushes are not found in good tunnels.
I have the unlimited monthly plan, have been doing it for Years.
Sometimes I take it 3-4 times a week.
I wash it myself at least once a week in my driveway.
Life is too short to drive a dirty car!...lol

Maritime Autowash, Annapolis, MD
Just sold to Mister Car Wash.

Old 01-31-2016, 06:22 AM
jerryk991 is infamous around these partsjerryk991 is infamous around these parts
The only problem with car washes - brushless or not - is that you have no idea what kind of soap they are using - unless the soap is specifically formulated for car washing it will remove the wax or polish from the car so I would use a detail spray afterwards.