Deactivation of alarm system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 11:30 AM
Little Gator is infamous around these parts
Deactivation of alarm system

The Porsche website states that one of the passive safety features for my 2015 911 GTS is the alarm system that can be deactivated using the button on the lower B-pillar on the driver side. I have no such button on my car. And that is not what my owner's manual states how to deactivate the system. When I asked my dealership service people, they started looking for a button, but could find it either. They didn't know why it wasn't there as stated.
I tried to send Porsche a question about this issue using their same website, and the messaged failed in their system, kicking back a message to me: "ERROR".
But here is the ironic part, Porsche is so proud of their website, that after I visited their site, they wanted me to respond to a survey about their site and what I thought of it. I couldn't give it very high marks.

Old 02-16-2016, 02:37 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
don't remember ever reading such a thing in the manual regarding a button on the B pillar to deactivate alarm - manual does say that to deactivate, press fob lock button twice within 2 seconds