992 Turbo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switching from a 991 TTS to a 992 TTS?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2021 | 01:24 AM
sniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the rough
Old 01-10-2021 | 09:48 AM
F&PCarFan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Big Swole
I'm stuck in my 2017 991.2TTS for a long while, so seeing / hearing about all you folks getting your new 992TTS's is living a dream through you.

Keep posting about how awesome they are. I love seeing it.
Being "stuck" with a 991.2 TTS is a great place to be. As I may have mentioned, I had a 2017 991.2 TTS prior to this 2021 992 TTS and I loved it. In fact, I put 500 miles on that car to break it in and then drove from Reno to Portland, Maine the southern route out and the northern route back incuding through Yellowstone in late October when most of the park was closed and snow on the ground. I put 8,000 miles in the car in my first 2 months of ownership. The car was phenomenal on the trip. I put 140 hours of seat time in a month and I never experienced back/neck or knee pain. The 18 way seats are a marvel and provide the most comfortable ride in cardom. It was simply the very best GT car I've ever owned and I have owned great cars incuding 2 Ferrari 430's and now a 2019 Ferrari 488 GTB. I wouldn't even consider taking a Ferrari across country like that. The reliability just is not confidence inspiring in a Ferrari.
The Porsche advantage is not just engineering, build quality and reliability but also that every midsize town in the US has a Porsche dealer vs. 35 dealers in the entire North America for Ferrari.
For example, on the trip, I had a warning light come on in rural Keene, NH. I called Porsche from the road and they offered to tow me but my light said "limited driveability" so I drove 60 miles to Nashua where they replaced an upper valve lifter and got me on the road again...no problem.
So "being stuck" with one of the great cars ever produced is not a bad place to be IMHO.
That said. new generations of car models do offer advantages and upgrades and I can't wait to test my 992 in drier weather conditions. I'm a driver so I'll let you know. My initial impression is that this is an awesome car as well and very guick....

Old 01-10-2021 | 11:36 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by F&PCarFan
Being "stuck" with a 991.2 TTS is a great place to be. As I may have mentioned, I had a 2017 991.2 TTS prior to this 2021 992 TTS and I loved it. In fact, I put 500 miles on that car to break it in and then drove from Reno to Portland, Maine the southern route out and the northern route back incuding through Yellowstone in late October when most of the park was closed and snow on the ground. I put 8,000 miles in the car in my first 2 months of ownership. The car was phenomenal on the trip. I put 140 hours of seat time in a month and I never experienced back/neck or knee pain. The 18 way seats are a marvel and provide the most comfortable ride in cardom. It was simply the very best GT car I've ever owned and I have owned great cars incuding 2 Ferrari 430's and now a 2019 Ferrari 488 GTB. I wouldn't even consider taking a Ferrari across country like that. The reliability just is not confidence inspiring in a Ferrari.
The Porsche advantage is not just engineering, build quality and reliability but also that every midsize town in the US has a Porsche dealer vs. 35 dealers in the entire North America for Ferrari.
For example, on the trip, I had a warning light come on in rural Keene, NH. I called Porsche from the road and they offered to tow me but my light said "limited driveability" so I drove 60 miles to Nashua where they replaced an upper valve lifter and got me on the road again...no problem.
So "being stuck" with one of the great cars ever produced is not a bad place to be IMHO.
That said. new generations of car models do offer advantages and upgrades and I can't wait to test my 992 in drier weather conditions. I'm a driver so I'll let you know. My initial impression is that this is an awesome car as well and very guick....

Awesome story!!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my car and am blessed to have it. I just meant, I'd have to wait several years for the used market and pricing to come way down to upgrade. Then again, I might not ever want to. These 991.2TTS's are simply amazing.

Old 01-27-2021 | 04:42 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
My car is on the boat should be here soon!

This thing is a beast with some mods:

Old 03-05-2021 | 09:15 AM
Porsche10 is infamous around these parts
The 992 turbo s (after driving mine for a few hundred miles) is totally worth the money. It’s significantly faster than the 991, the interior tech looks and feels much better, the car handles amazing and the exhaust is surprisingly loud with PSE. It also turns a lot of heads wherever you drive, which is new for a “simple” looking 911 (not GT car). However, it seems like you aren’t in the ballpark to pay $200k+ for a new one, so it might be a better idea to hold off on the 992 until you have enough for a new one.

Old 09-22-2021 | 10:38 PM
AlexLou1222 is infamous around these parts
I had 991.2 4S, and bought a 18’ Turbo S last year. Was waiting for my GT3 allocation but it might be next year order and 2023 delivery. So I was complaining to my sales today, and they offer me a 22’ allocation of TS, March delivery but have to Add 30k.
my build is 240k, but now I’m looking at 300k out of door for it. Now I’m really torn between my 991.2 TS, 23’ GT3 or 22’ TS.

Old 09-23-2021 | 09:04 AM
F&PCarFan is infamous around these parts
Well, having owned both a 2017 991.2 TS and now a 2021 TS (others before that) and love/d both of them, this is a tough decision ( to pay $30k above MSRP for a new TS).
I've also owned 4 Ferraris , including my 2019 488 GTB, so I am used to Ferrari's usery practices of ripping off the consumer for options. If you want to order one, it is what it is; however I have NEVER paid above MSRP for any car and won't out of principle.
I won't buy a car now until these chain supply issues are resolved. My suggestion is to enjoy your 991.2 TS and wait until the car market settles. There will be a time when the consumer is in the "driver's seat" again. You can decide then which car is for you and your particular car habits (tracking, etc.).
The 992 TS is superior to the 991.2 TS but not by enough to justify the difference in cost after depreciation.
Just my opinion....

Old 09-23-2021 | 03:36 PM
AlexLou1222 is infamous around these parts
Thank you! To be honest, I would jump on it if there is no add on stupid market adjustment on this TS.
I bought 4 P cars from this dealership within 3 years and kinda disappointed on how they offering me the GT3 and this TS. Since my 18’ TS only has 15k miles and I just paid the 4 yr major service, I think I will just drive it for another year, and hopefully can order a 992.2 TS without adding money.