992 Turbo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switching from a 991 TTS to a 992 TTS?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2020 | 01:52 PM
|
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Switching from a 991 TTS to a 992 TTS?!?!

Hi guys,

Want to throw this thread out there as I believe that this is will be a hot topic.

I am going to wait until late 2021 to see if I can find a used 2020 992 TTS and trade in my 991 TTS. Thoughts?

Regards,

Manuel

Old 07-14-2020 | 05:43 PM
TheDream829 is infamous around these parts
Do it!

Old 07-22-2020 | 08:18 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
I want to order a 992 sometime in 2021 and get rid of my 991...which has been one of my best purchases ever!

Old 07-26-2020 | 01:13 PM
sniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the rough
"Hot" topic indeed.. imagine asking the same question in 1999, 993 to 996

I am personally going to wait for the 992.2, history tells us that .2 always makes the 1 look so dated.
Second option, if the .2 is not significantly different, i will go all in for the 2RS this time.

Off topic- waiting for the 992 GT3 to add (not to replace the TTS, it has no replacement but another TTS)

Old 08-06-2020 | 01:37 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
991.2 is so STRONG that going to a 992 can be a difficult decision for some. At $205K BASE price - it's a NO for me.

Old 09-22-2020 | 09:25 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
992 TTS is a monster

Old 10-04-2020 | 08:39 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LSM
992 TTS is a monster
I have a deposit on a 992 turbo S cab, hard to come by. Still don’t have an allocation from my dealer.

Old 10-25-2020 | 06:44 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Same top speed. Actually the 992 TTS has a higher drag coefficient and the extra power is there to make up for it.

Old 10-30-2020 | 10:05 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
I am trying to get a TTS, just having to wait for an allocation. Have been waiting since July/Aug. Dealer has 2 cabs and is looking to trade for a coupe.
I've been building, now just have the hard part, the waiting.

Old 12-09-2020 | 04:29 PM
hcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to behold
I am keeping our 2014 tts and 2017 tts and our new 2021 tts PTS will be built in the next 4 weeks, going to drive it a few months before I send it to Sam at By Design to make it fun and fast like my others. I was going to wait to find a used one, just couldn't wait another year or two

Old 12-19-2020 | 10:11 AM
F&PCarFan is infamous around these parts
Well, I sold my 2017 991.2 TTS earlier this year after I ordered a 2021 992 TTS and just received the 992 last Saturday.

I absolutely loved the 2017 TTS and so far really like the 2021 TTS. The big difference between the 2 cars is that most functions operate on the 992 through the PCM rather than buttons on the 991.2. That is a matter of just getting used to. The good news is that the programming seems logical and I've only had a few issues finding sub menus. Also, HP increase to 640 and torque to 590 ftlb.

The 991.2 TTS was tested by Car & Driver at a 2.5 sec 0 to 60 and a 10.4 sec qtr, while the 992 TTS was tested at a 2.2 sec 0 to 60 and 10.1 sec qtr, so the extra horsepower does more that just overcome additional drag as suggested earlier in this thread. Both cars are monsters. Also You Tube has a 992 TTS clocked at 211mph and blowing away a McClaren in 0 to 60 and Qtr mile races. Porsches estimated speeds are always conservative while Ferraris tend to be optimistic in my experience.

The 992 TTS was not available in the US until the 2021 model year so good luck finding a used 2020 992 TTS......

I'd recommend a 991.2 TTS highly to anyone. I've owned great cars and the TTS was among the best ever....

I have high expectations or this 992 TTS. What can be wrong about more power, speed, torque and cornering ability?

Old 01-09-2021 | 01:57 PM
Mr Horsepower is infamous around these parts
New on this site. Looking to order 992 TurboS. My experience with other cars in high demand, is you need to go to 1 of the half dozen high volume dealers who get the most allocations for the highly desirable models. Is that the same in the current 911 world and if so, who would be those half dozen dealers. I am on the east coast and spend half my time in Westchester NY and the other half in Jupiter FL so anywhere on the east coast would be convenient, with NY and WPB being super easy, but probably the areas with the highest demand.

Thank you for any insight you can provide

Glenn

Old 01-09-2021 | 04:03 PM
F&PCarFan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mr Horsepower
New on this site. Looking to order 992 TurboS. My experience with other cars in high demand, is you need to go to 1 of the half dozen high volume dealers who get the most allocations for the highly desirable models. Is that the same in the current 911 world and if so, who would be those half dozen dealers. I am on the east coast and spend half my time in Westchester NY and the other half in Jupiter FL so anywhere on the east coast would be convenient, with NY and WPB being super easy, but probably the areas with the highest demand.

Thank you for any insight you can provide

Glenn
I wish you had included what cars you currently own (Porsches in particular). In my experience, getting a limited production car (my understanding is that Porsche builds about 500 TTS's for world wide distribution so dealers have limited allocations) depends upon a relationship with the dealer. That usually starts with a previous purchase of a like car.
Dealers use tightly allocated cars like these to reward their best customers, so if you are a first timer, getting one will be tougher. The dealers like to know who they are selling a $200k + car to along with knowing the customer is financially qualified.
Start with identifying the dealers near you. Set up a meeting with either the Sales Manager or General Manager (the Sales Manager is most likely) and introduce yourself, tell him/her who you are, what cars you own, whether you will be paying cash or have financing and why you want the car. Understand that the dealer probably has a 12 to 18 month waiting list already for a TTS and there is no discount. At that point see if you can get on the list for one and go through the same process at each additional dealer.
I was on 2 lists, for example and one dealer performed first. You may have to buy a used car to develop a relationship. So maybe a new Carrera S or a used 991 Turbo S (a phenominal car).
For example to get on the list for a 2006 Ferrari 430, I started with a 355, which the dealer suggested.
I've now ordered 3 Ferraris and 2 Porsche Turbo S's from 2 different dealers in each case. I went through the same process as I described to you, so it worked for me.
Good luck!

Old 01-09-2021 | 07:42 PM
Mr Horsepower is infamous around these parts
F&P Car Fan
Good information / advice. To answer your initial question, for the last 15 years, I’ve owned american sports cars; multiple Vipers, Z06 Corvettes and Cobra Mustangs, of which I still own several Vipers and Corvettes. In a previous life, I owned several (widow maker) Porsche Turbos (only to drivers who did not understand them) as well as 2 928S4s (loved those cars). I am impressed with the 992 Turbos and would like to get back into P cars. I’m unlikely to purchase a preowned car unless I personally know the previous owner. As stated, your advice is somewhat as expected and I‘ve already opened a dialog with the Porsche dealers in both PB and Greenwich and will get on their waiting lists. If you are able to advise another dealer I should be speaking to, I’m all ears. I am realistic in the expectation of waiting the better part of a year for a spec to order delivery.

Thank you again for your advice.

Old 01-09-2021 | 07:49 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
I'm stuck in my 2017 991.2TTS for a long while, so seeing / hearing about all you folks getting your new 992TTS's is living a dream through you.

Keep posting about how awesome they are. I love seeing it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Switching from a 991 TTS to a 992 TTS?!?!