993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

Princeton's Porsche!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 01:13 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Princeton's Porsche!!!

Most of you have probably heard about his car. Here's more pic to drool over.

http://www.houston-imports.com/index...23&Itemid=35#5

Old 11-14-2007, 01:13 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute

Old 11-14-2007, 02:03 PM
jhargis is infamous around these parts
Wow!

Old 11-14-2007, 02:19 PM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
holy *****! that thing is hot!

Old 11-14-2007, 02:20 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
3rd pic has been my background for a few weeks. That right there is my dream car...been in my head for years....he just beat me to it

Old 11-14-2007, 02:51 PM
BIG LUV is a jewel in the roughBIG LUV is a jewel in the roughBIG LUV is a jewel in the rough
LOVE that car!

Old 11-14-2007, 03:28 PM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
I would love to see a video of that beast to see how good it sounds.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:57 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Amazing how much work went into that engine!!! Wouldn't you NEED a wing for downforce with that much power?

EDIT: I just read the article - different rear deck with wing is used for the track.

Last edited by 2thfixr; 11-14-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:04 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
I must be short some IQ points today, the bottom set of tubes are for the BOV?

Old 11-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
I must be short some IQ points today, the bottom set of tubes are for the BOV?

Waste gate dump pipe. I watched this car being built on Rennlist and could never figure out how those intercoolers would not get heat soaked.

Last edited by Y65MPH; 11-14-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:24 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Holy ****. I love that car.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:20 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Dammmmn. That's incredible. I don't like the waste gate setup though. Normally you could just route that back into the exhaust, but clearly there isn't a lot of space available.

2thfixr, the blow off valves are red anodized, and both mounted at the intake plenums if you look at the 5th pic.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
2thfixr, the blow off valves are red anodized, and both mounted at the intake plenums if you look at the 5th pic.
Funny you mention the 45mm tial waste gates on the intake plenum, I was looking at the waste gates attached to the header pipes down below. The more I look at those lower pipes, the more I think they are there just to look cool. There is no signal line hooked up to the lower waste gates where the small dump pipes stick out of the rear of the car.

Craig

Old 12-19-2007, 09:37 AM
James PA is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Y65MPH
Funny you mention the 45mm tial waste gates on the intake plenum, I was looking at the waste gates attached to the header pipes down below. The more I look at those lower pipes, the more I think they are there just to look cool. There is no signal line hooked up to the lower waste gates where the small dump pipes stick out of the rear of the car.

Craig
Correct me if I'm wrong but do the wastegates even need a 'signal line'. Can't the pressure of the exhaust push the spring open to bypass the turbo. You'd just use the proper pressure spring instead of a boost controller.

I figure it when it reaches full boost the wastegates dump, the turbo maintains that psi, and then when the driver shifts the blow-off valves open releasing the manifold pressure to avoid compressor surge. The BOV may or may not be controlled by a boost controller, which in effect alters the psi at which the spring opens.

Long story short, this car is quite sick, the look of the pipes is pretty raw, and I doubt they are just for show.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
It looks great, but will it be fast?? show me the numbers!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Princeton's Porsche!!!