993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

She's Back - RUF 993 Turbo R!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 12:50 PM
kmy
kmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to behold
Guys,
Picked up a new toy to go with the RUF. Totally different animal, but tons of fun!

Not crazy about the paint scheme since it's not a real shelby, but that may be changing soon.

Hope everyone's well! Kevin

Last edited by kmy; 02-12-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:57 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
awesome. I love white with blue strips even though your changing it.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:34 PM
speednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of light
nothing wrong with that paint scheme...looks good.. does it have a 350? if so i say leave it...just my .02

Old 11-07-2010, 08:53 AM
kmy
kmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to behold
The paint scheme may grow on me. The car is a blast to drive and surprisingly it seems to draw more comments and interest than the RUF.

The car currently has a 347 stroker with AFR heads. It runs really strong and I love the instant throttle response and torque.

Kevin

Old 11-08-2010, 03:35 PM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
Sooooo. My dream car. Wanted one since I was just a weeeeeeeee lil kid. Yours is actually a bit better than they were when first available. The technology train is so much longer. THe RUF that is. I just realize that there is a mustang above my comment. Nice, nonetheless... Just not a substitute

Last edited by carmstrongLS1; 11-08-2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: realized the thread had mixed subjects.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:55 PM
TrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the rough
oh my..soooo niiice!

Old 11-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Chin.Up is infamous around these partsChin.Up is infamous around these parts
Wow, she's a beaut!

Old 11-10-2010, 11:29 PM
kmy
Originally Posted by carmstrongLS1
Sooooo. My dream car. Wanted one since I was just a weeeeeeeee lil kid. Yours is actually a bit better than they were when first available. The technology train is so much longer. THe RUF that is. I just realize that there is a mustang above my comment. Nice, nonetheless... Just not a substitute
I'm sorry. You're right. This one's for you!

Old 11-10-2010, 11:55 PM
911ist is infamous around these parts
sexxxxy

Old 01-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Surfevo is infamous around these parts
Wow, I am speechless.......drool...........amazing

Old 01-14-2011, 06:34 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Absolute beauty !!

Enjoy this baby in good health bro ..

Old 01-21-2011, 08:22 AM
balzak is infamous around these parts
This car was my background for the longest time!

Old 01-28-2011, 04:15 PM
ghost//dub is infamous around these parts
Mr KMY,

I am generally not a fan of red. I am also not the world's biggest Porsche fan by any stretch (though I do love me some Rauh Welt). That being said, your 993 is UNREAL. Jaw dropping. Absolutely stunning. As a matter of fact, I've been drooling over her for a couple years now as I first saw photos on another unrelated forum, and I remember thinking that I could no longer say I'd never seen a red car I'd genuinely wanted. Every aspect of yours just plain works. The wheels, the brakes, the stance, the flow of the complete package. All of it. Even the red. If she were mine, I wouldn't change a single thing. Well done, sir!

Last edited by ghost//dub; 01-28-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: my spelling and grammer am the goodest
Old 01-28-2011, 04:56 PM
kmy
Originally Posted by ghost//dub
Mr KMY,

I am generally not a fan of red. I am also not the world's biggest Porsche fan by any stretch (though I do love me some Rauh Welt). That being said, your 993 is UNREAL. Jaw dropping. Absolutely stunning. As a matter of fact, I've been drooling over her for a couple years now as I first saw photos on another unrelated forum, and I remember thinking that I could no longer say I'd never seen a red car I'd genuinely wanted. Every aspect of yours just plain works. The wheels, the brakes, the stance, the flow of the complete package. All of it. Even the red. If she were mine, I wouldn't change a single thing. Well done, sir!
Wow. Quite a compliment! Thanks for the post.
She's been a really good car. RUF knows how to mod these cars right and my 993 has been issue free. My only complaint is i don't drive her enough. ONly 6K miles in the last 2-3 years!!

Good combo of world class performance and retro 993 curves. Driving season can't come soon enough!!

Kevin

Old 01-31-2011, 07:30 PM
JL993 is a jewel in the roughJL993 is a jewel in the roughJL993 is a jewel in the rough
Nice Stang , BUT the RUF is the nicest 993 I have ever seen on an internet forum ! I can not imagine what would be like to see and hear it in person !!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: She's Back - RUF 993 Turbo R!!