993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

She's Back - RUF 993 Turbo R!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 04:27 PM
997swave is a splendid one to behold997swave is a splendid one to behold997swave is a splendid one to behold997swave is a splendid one to behold997swave is a splendid one to behold997swave is a splendid one to behold
This is one of my all-time favorites

Old 02-04-2011, 03:37 PM
techart 996 #3 is infamous around these parts
My favourite thread and car on this forum. Well done!

How much does wheels installed with proper ride height, front and rear bumper installed run?

-P

Old 02-05-2011, 05:47 PM
kmy
kmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by techart 996 #3
My favourite thread and car on this forum. Well done!

How much does wheels installed with proper ride height, front and rear bumper installed run?

-P
Hi. Thanks for the compliments.

Wheels were roughly $4K if memory serves me right. Tires were another roughly $2K for PS2's. Bumpers are from RUF and were $7K for the set. If you include painting, installation, mounting and balancing tires, alignment, etc, I'm guessing all in the cost today would be roughly $15K?

maybe another $3K for coilovers?

Hope this helps!

kevin

Old 02-06-2011, 06:14 PM
techart 996 #3 is infamous around these parts
thanks

Old 02-10-2011, 07:00 AM
Eccentric M is infamous around these parts
She is lovely!

Old 02-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Alzaabi is infamous around these parts
The Best 911 Ever !

Old 03-31-2011, 11:34 PM
911/M5 is infamous around these parts
Hey Kev...

Do you know if RUF Dallas is still doing this conversion for the 993TT's? I heard they stopped doing it but it sounds as if you're still quoting people prices for stuff which makes me think I might have a chance.

Our cars are virtually identical except for the bumpers and, of course, all the RUF stuff in the engine bay...lol!

Let me know your best contact there if they are still willing to do these conversions.

Attached Images    
Old 03-31-2011, 11:36 PM
911/M5 is infamous around these parts
Brilliant reds from your camera by the way. I get those sometimes but not always. What lighting did you have that day at RUF and what camera and lens were used?

Old 04-01-2011, 01:36 AM
iceman912 is infamous around these parts
Super..hats off to those who took the time and skills build this beauty.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:03 PM
RSS
RSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 911/M5
Do you know if RUF Dallas is still doing this conversion for the 993TT's? I heard they stopped doing it but it sounds as if you're still quoting people prices for stuff which makes me think I might have a chance.

Our cars are virtually identical except for the bumpers and, of course, all the RUF stuff in the engine bay...lol!

Let me know your best contact there if they are still willing to do these conversions.
RAC in Dallas is no longer associated with Ruf. They are still doing engine builds, just not with Ruf parts. Here are some pics from an engine build they just did.

https://picasaweb.google.com/markpru...Turbo38LBuild#

Old 04-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Wengy is infamous around these parts
Almighty God!

That has got to be the most beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, racy, sleek, and stylish car I have ever seen. That's my all time favorite car ever. Lord, you've got to make a poster or at least some high resolution 1920 x 1200 wallpapers for us, so we can stare at your car in wonderment, and try and feel a little closer to this thing which we'll never have an opportunity to drive or possess.

I love the way it appears to droop very slightly at the nose and tail, like it's got an arched back. Lord, what gorgeous lines that car has. Hats off to RUF and the owner.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:47 PM
kmy
kmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to behold

Our cars look like twins!!! Last I heard Dallas is no longer doing the conversions. The best contact there is Wayne Corley or Hans Hoffman. I think Germany might still be offering the 993 turbo R conversion but I haven't been able to confirm that. Hard to believe our cars are now 15 years old. Yikes. Wish you were closer. Would be awesome to get our cars together!!!

Kevin

Old 04-12-2011, 09:53 PM
kmy
Originally Posted by RSS
RAC in Dallas is no longer associated with Ruf. They are still doing engine builds, just not with Ruf parts. Here are some pics from an engine build they just did.

https://picasaweb.google.com/markpru...Turbo38LBuild#
Whoa! That's insane! I was really impressed with the guys working on my car at RAC. They kept me posted with pics at every stage of the build and tested the car thoroughly before sending it back to me. I also had several locals checking in on my car during the build. I assume all the same mechanics are still there. I'd definitely trust any of my cars with them. It's been almost 3 years and 8K miles with no issues...

Old 04-12-2011, 09:55 PM
kmy
Originally Posted by Wengy
That has got to be the most beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, racy, sleek, and stylish car I have ever seen. That's my all time favorite car ever. Lord, you've got to make a poster or at least some high resolution 1920 x 1200 wallpapers for us, so we can stare at your car in wonderment, and try and feel a little closer to this thing which we'll never have an opportunity to drive or possess.

I love the way it appears to droop very slightly at the nose and tail, like it's got an arched back. Lord, what gorgeous lines that car has. Hats off to RUF and the owner.
Wengy, thanks for the compliments. She's been a blast to own. Can't wait for warmer weather and more drives. Car hasn't been driven enough!
kevin

Old 04-13-2011, 01:24 AM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of

GR 993tt stunning car. contact hans hoffman or mark plummer at RAC. im sure they'll do a ruff conversion if you want --- it's all about if you want to spend the money for it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: She's Back - RUF 993 Turbo R!!