993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

She's Back - RUF 993 Turbo R!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 08:00 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by forhamilton
So the RS is white also? Very nice. Pic no. 2 is kick ***.
Yes White RS and a White RS America. Maybe I'm a little crazy I don't like to wash cars and white hides it so well.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:49 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kmy
Hugo, totally agree. Tough to beat your ride!

HiSide. THanks my man. When did you drop off your car? Was mine back together at that point? Wayne mentioned that several guys from the forum stopped by to check her out. Definately tough to capture her in still photos!

Kevin

Hmmm I really want that "R" emblem.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:53 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Hmmm I really want that "R" emblem.

Vince when your car gets back I've got a black sharpy and I'll put an "R" on the back of your car

Old 05-07-2008, 06:24 PM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
Damn That ****z Clean...........

Old 05-07-2008, 07:17 PM
kmy
kmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by iLLM3
WOWWW amazing in white, congrats as well.

SO KEVIN, impressions man, you are slacking
Sorry amigo! I have been slacking a bit.

So I finally put 1,000 miles on the clock and have slowly been increasing the revs. She's a dream.

Nothing scientific to report back other than the car feels noticeably quicker (duh!) than any of my previous cars (e60 m5, stage II 996tt) in every category - off the line, at low revs and at high revs. The power delivery is pretty linear once on boost and the car continues to pull very hard up to redline in every gear.

I did the calcs the other day, and I believe my power to weight ratio is now just shy of the c6 zo6 and north of the 996 gt2, gallardo, etc.

I'm lovin' it.

Interior is next on the list. Work in progress, but should have pics to share in the next week or two.

Kevin

Old 05-07-2008, 07:19 PM
kmy
kmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Vince when your car gets back I've got a black sharpy and I'll put an "R" on the back of your car
Vince,
Send it to the guys at RUF. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to do put an "R" badge on your car (along with some other goodies) !!!

Kevin

Old 05-07-2008, 07:28 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Wow P/W of the Z06? How much does our car weighs?
May be I'll take Mark's sharpie offer for a cheaper "R"...

Last edited by vincentdds; 05-07-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:35 PM
I'll do it for free and even feed you a steak if you come out my way. but wait we need to see the 993 again first......

Old 05-07-2008, 11:55 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kmy
Sorry amigo! I have been slacking a bit.

So I finally put 1,000 miles on the clock and have slowly been increasing the revs. She's a dream.

Nothing scientific to report back other than the car feels noticeably quicker (duh!) than any of my previous cars (e60 m5, stage II 996tt) in every category - off the line, at low revs and at high revs. The power delivery is pretty linear once on boost and the car continues to pull very hard up to redline in every gear.

I did the calcs the other day, and I believe my power to weight ratio is now just shy of the c6 zo6 and north of the 996 gt2, gallardo, etc.

I'm lovin' it.

Interior is next on the list. Work in progress, but should have pics to share in the next week or two.

Kevin
Awesome man glad to hear, get some video footage up as well, and interior pic's... I love what you have done already

Old 05-08-2008, 02:56 PM
EVOSPEC is infamous around these parts
Kevin - what do you have in mind for the interior mods?

Old 05-09-2008, 12:57 AM
kmy

Vince,
I'll have to double check. EVO magazine has power to weight ratios for a whole host of cars listed in the back. I believe the metric is bhp/ton, but I could be wrong.

The stock 993tt is 276 at 408bhp. This translates to something around 350 for my RUF. I believe the zo6 is around 360. Nothing overly scientific, but gives me a ballpark figure.

kevin

Old 05-09-2008, 12:59 AM
kmy
Originally Posted by EVOSPEC
Kevin - what do you have in mind for the interior mods?
Nothing too drastic. Just looking to clean it up a bit. I'll post pics next week.

kevin

Old 05-09-2008, 01:51 PM
EVOSPEC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kmy
Nothing too drastic. Just looking to clean it up a bit. I'll post pics next week.

kevin
Some CF bits would look really nice. just my .02

Old 05-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Rowen is infamous around these parts
Beautiful. A friend of mine is a big fan of the guys at the RUF Dallas store.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:21 AM
Mitchubishievo is infamous around these parts
Hot dayum that car is gorgeous in every possible way...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: She's Back - RUF 993 Turbo R!!