993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

dealer sold me salvaged turbo no disclosure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 10:10 PM
windydog is infamous around these parts
well, when done tell us how these people are.

I personally spend 15 minutes every morning trying to spread the word so my friends don't deal with them. Remember 1 of sh## needs 10 attaboys to recover.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:43 PM
EV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the rough
i realize hindsight is 20/20, but why didn't you get all this information before purchasing the car? was it not disclosed on the vehicle history too?

i'm terribly sorry for your misfortune, i hope you get it resolved.

when this is all behind you, please tell the whole world which dealership it is.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:24 PM
nyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the rough
993 tt

a few people asked who the dealer is. his first name rhymes with Bruce his last name rhymes with Canepa

Old 12-10-2009, 06:44 PM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
so what's the status of the suit as it stands? what have you managed to negotiate. i remember very well seeing pics of this car on rennlist when someone pointed out that the fit/symmetry was off at the front of the hood and it looked like it had body work done. did you buy the car unseen? canepa is a scum bag not to give your money back ---- their website, when i last looked at it, gave me the impression that they did a lot body work and prided themeselves in it. that in itself is a red flag. anyway polar silver in a wide body 993 is my favorite car ----

Old 12-10-2009, 07:07 PM
02fly is infamous around these parts
I'm having a hard time with the fact that someone of Bruce's status is being a dirt bag. I must also say that in your defence if I was buying a car from Canepa I would have, key now is would have trusted him. Are you dealing direct with Bruce? I say this because I've had problems that I was never made aware of and as soon as I was the problem was taken care of.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:36 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
that sucks, i know you will use carfax next...

Old 12-11-2009, 07:39 AM
nyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the rough
I dealt directly with him and all he did was deny deny deny. I eventually presented him with a copy of a document that he got from the prior owner when he bought the car. The document said that despite a clean title the car had prior salvage history in Virginia. It had Bruce's signature on it. After I showed him a copy of that document he had no choice and finally bought the car back. You would be shocked at how many other people told me they are either currently or in the past had similar legal problems with him. He is a bad guy

Old 12-11-2009, 10:21 AM
02fly is infamous around these parts
Good to know about Bruce. As far a carfax DO NOT TRUST IT completly it's only as good as the info it's feed. I have a friend that put his truck on it's side in the snow 18K$ later it was fixed but never has shown up on carfax. So do your research and have the car checked.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:26 AM
btapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 02fly
Good to know about Bruce. As far a carfax DO NOT TRUST IT completly it's only as good as the info it's feed. I have a friend that put his truck on it's side in the snow 18K$ later it was fixed but never has shown up on carfax. So do your research and have the car checked.

+1 there.. I have seen many instances where Carfax for whatever reason missed some major details. Sorry this sort of thing has to happen.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:58 AM
EJ_2001_986_S is infamous around these parts
If it didn't get filed through insurance it'll never show up on Carfax. I had Carfax on my car before I bought it and it did have a few entries on it (no body work) just routine maintenance stuff. The car was hit a while back and while in the body shop they pointed out multiple spots that had been repaired on the car. Including a fully repainted hood and some quarter panel sheet metal work. If someone pays for it out of pocket and it doesn't get filed on insurance, it'll never show on Carfax.

Just goes to show, Always Get a PPI.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:11 PM
GT2 Mike has a spectacular aura aboutGT2 Mike has a spectacular aura about
WOW.. thats a crappy situation. The dealer better make right.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:03 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
It's back....

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/ctd/1513410358.html

Does that mean you got everything worked out???

Old 12-20-2009, 08:33 PM
zmw
zmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 997xpress
It's back....

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/ctd/1513410358.html

Does that mean you got everything worked out???
wow, 85k for a salvaged car.... Is that full retail for 993s or do they go for more than that normally?

Old 02-28-2010, 08:49 AM
frabouden is infamous around these parts
crooked dealer

feel for you man...

Old 11-09-2011, 12:48 PM
930Cruz is infamous around these parts
I think it is interesting NYC123 has never come back to tell us what happened. I think this was a simple story of buyers remorse. The listing for the car spoke of the damage. Which is in this thread somewhere else also. http://www.canepa.com/inventory/coll...rbo/index.html The ad also stated that car had pictures showing the damage.

You can't tell me based on this information which was made available to you that you didn't have a PPI inspection done to verify the claims right or wrong. The key word in all this was the original owner was an "Attorney" who crashed the car and strong armed his insurance company to pay offf the car.

I am friends with the gentleman who owns the car now and he loves it. I own a Black 993 Turbo I recently purchased from Bruce and would purchase another car from him anytime. In fact I would like to buy that Polar Silver 993 with Black interior. So I can have two a Black with Red and a Silver with Black.

P.S. NYC123 you should have bought that F40 it is now worth well over $600K.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: dealer sold me salvaged turbo no disclosure