993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

dealer sold me salvaged turbo no disclosure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:28 PM
nyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the rough
dealer sold me salvaged turbo no disclosure

I recently purchased a 1996, 993 Turbo with 2670 miles. I have driven the car less than 100 miles since it was delivered to me within the past few weeks. The car was advertised as follows,
“This turbo has only been driven 2670 miles in the past 13 years ! It was special ordered in “paint to match “ Polar Silver with FULL black leather interior, sunroof, and “werks” center console. The first owner kept the car for three years driving it a little over 800 miles a year. He only drove it for pleasure, never in bad weather, always kept it garaged, and had all the scheduled service performed. Because of its great condition and exceptionally low miles the second owner purchased the car for his private collection with the intention of keeping the car just as it was and not adding any more miles. It has only been driven 500 miles in the past year and is in NEW condition.”
I thought I found the perfect 993 TT I had been looking for. Unfortunately I found out 6 days ago that the car was involved in a bad accident in Virginia in 1998, was given a salvaged title, declared a total loss by the insurance company, and sold off to somebody else at the appropriate price considering the condition. I am not going to mention the name of the dealer here as there will be pending legal action against him, but it is a high-end dealer that routinely deals in exotics and classics.
I have spent the past 6 days confirming the salvaged history with the Virginia DMV as well as the body shop that repaired the car over 10 years ago and speaking with multiple people that were familiar with the history of the car. I provided all this information along with 18 detailed photos showing all the signs that the car was not original to the selling dealer. My expectations and my request to the dealer was to return my funds, purchase price, shipping, and tax in return for his car back. The dealer has continued to refuse and has only pretended to tell me about “light accident history” before I bought the car. Considering I paid 2x the price of what a salvaged car would be worth and considering his ad above, I don’t think it takes Sherlock Holmes to figure out he is lying and concealed from me any damage other than a “scratch” he claimed was on the fender at the time of delivery and repaired by Porsche before the first owner would accept it.
The car changed hands 1 time before this dealer bought it and because of some DMV issues ended up with a clean title before this dealer acquired it. I don’t want to debate here or make my case if the dealer was disclosed the salvage history because I want to save some issues for court, however the fact that the carfax shows it, the car if looked at shows it (and he claims to be an expert on Porsches) and he is now pretending to tell me about some accident history all has some clear implications that he is 100% full of ****.
Only sticking to the facts above I would love to hear some feedback from some fellow enthusiasts as well as anybody with a legal background how everybody thinks this will play out in court. Thanks for your feedback in advance and everybody should take the time to use carfax in the future, I wish I had.
(And yes a “werks” center console when translated from ******* to English means a phone kit where the owner removed the phone over time)

Old 09-22-2009, 02:27 AM
MegaLoL is infamous around these parts
Damn... Sorry to hear that... You believe you own dream car and you find out **** like this... It's a dealers common practice. I had similar case with Bentley Continental GT with 4400 miles. I bought from Miller Motor Cars in Greenwich. They ensured me "No salvage history, no paint or body work". When I discovered, that car had previous damage, body and paint work and told them about this, they igonred me for a while, then they said that I did it!! Too bad I'm from Europe, so It's hard to put them ahead of court. Don't give them chance to fool you again. Fight.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:48 AM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Sympathies on the fraud.

Hire a vicious attorney and go for blood. Best of luck.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:02 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Sympathies on the fraud.

Hire a vicious attorney and go for blood. Best of luck.
+1
fIND SOMEONE THAT WILL MAKE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF THEM!

Old 09-23-2009, 10:11 AM
246gtsxx is infamous around these parts
I remember seeing the car advertised on Ebay (I believe that's where I saw it) At that time it was disclosed about the car hitting a freeway guy wire and damaging both front fenders which were replaced.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:58 AM
nyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the rough
993 turbo salvage

yes there was tons of disclosure from the seller to the dealer , from the dealer to me is where the lies happened.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Pasadantt is infamous around these parts
Salvage

I have seen both clean title with big damage and salvage title with a little fender bender, was it a consignment car from someone that used the dealer to sell it to you or the dealer owned the car? Best of luck to you in court!

Old 09-23-2009, 03:18 PM
salvage 993tt

dealer owned the car and just thought he could make a quick buck buying salvaged car that was repaired to the point he thought he could pass it off as all original.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:20 PM
chautofu is infamous around these parts
Wow, I can't believe a dealership who sells cars of that caliper would just black list themselves doing that however it is caveat emptor and we all should really do the right homework regardless how prestigious the seller is. I am really sorry to hear about your ordeal, hope you can find some sort of resolution soon. BTW, I am local too, hope we can meet up someday and rant over Pcars when all this is behind you. Best of luck.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:40 PM
windydog is infamous around these parts
Wow, that really sucks. Honor and integrity are the cornerstone to good business. I am in the process of trying to get my money back from some p-car junk yard. I should have listened to the post. Good thing for credit cards.... Good Luck

Old 12-07-2009, 07:49 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
did you get a "good deal" if so it sux but there end lies the problem... i hate it for you go after the dealer...
and if you got a " good deal" next time you will look deeper

Old 12-08-2009, 04:54 PM
993 tt

deal or no deal , the dealer was and is a *******. thats the bottom line

Old 12-08-2009, 05:01 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by nyc123
deal or no deal , the dealer was and is a *******. thats the bottom line
I didn't mean to come off as horses *** I happen to agree with you

Old 12-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Banned
twiskus has a spectacular aura abouttwiskus has a spectacular aura abouttwiskus has a spectacular aura about
So it was salvaged, but when the title transferred to the dealer, it was reverted to an original title? If so, that is NOT illegal in many states. In fact, if you take a vehicle titled in Iowa with a salvage title, and move to nebraska and re-title it, there will be an original title issued with NO proof ON the title of previous damage. It is then the buyers job to verify through autocheck or carfax that there is no previous damage. In some cases, many dealers won't check carfax when trading (allbeit rare for high end car dealers) and so the dealer will have no idea they are passing along a salvage either....

As far as this dealer is concerned, he sounds like he is really covering up for something he knew ahead of time.

Trev

Old 12-08-2009, 06:04 PM
993tt

this dealer signed a disclosure agreement when he bought it that the car had prior salvage history and denied it over and over to me till I faxed him a copy of the disclosure statement with his signature.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: dealer sold me salvaged turbo no disclosure