993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

RUF ctr2 on eBay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 06:12 PM
baq
baq is a glorious beacon of lightbaq is a glorious beacon of lightbaq is a glorious beacon of lightbaq is a glorious beacon of lightbaq is a glorious beacon of lightbaq is a glorious beacon of light
IMO (and I might be ousted for this) but I don't think it is worth the money. Don't get me wrong, its a great looking car, and a legend. But with what Porsche tuners are able to do to your car at a fraction of the cost, this becomes a car for someone who is buying it completely from an emotional standpoint. IMO the cat is out of the bag so to speak, tuning is no longer a secret or a trade for only two or three companies world wide. Im sure that it's not easy, but I think the technology is available and the common knowledge is attainable. I think its a phenomenal car and Im sure any of us would love to have it resting in our stables.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:02 PM
rs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura about
I would agree with you except this particular car is a ruf vin car. one of only about 15 cars of this type ever built. I wouldn't compare a "tuner" car with this car,maybe a ruf conversion, but not a ruf built car, these will always command a higher price. To me any tuner or conversion is just that, a fully manufactured car that is modified by somebody, anybody. This car was factory built by ruf. Ruf has significant history. By the way, this car that is now almost 13 years old will do 0-60 3.5 seconds and top speed of 200mph, and probably no go down in value from here, see what a new porsche turbo @ $170K will be worth 2, 3, 4 years from now.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:52 PM
baq
baq is a glorious beacon of lightbaq is a glorious beacon of lightbaq is a glorious beacon of lightbaq is a glorious beacon of lightbaq is a glorious beacon of lightbaq is a glorious beacon of light
You are absolutely right, I agree with you completely. Yes new Porsche turbo or any purpose built spots car @ 170K will plummet in depreciation at an alarming rate within the first 4 years, and even more after that. I guess my perspective is, could one start with a 993 turbo and build something with similar handling, accelerating, and braking? sure...the resources are out there, they are cheaper now than ever, and are proven.

I respect completely the essence of the car, the fact that it is a RUF car, VIN and all. Infact RUF is my favorite Porsche tuner / developer period. I think there is more than character to their cars, more like a personality. BUT with so much competition out there outperforming eachother, out handling, top speed runs, out braking one another that this drove prices to drop and I feel that these specialty cars are not holding their values as they did say 10 years ago? I could be wrong? btw any idea why RUF would stop making conversions for the 993 to CTR? atleast this is the rumor....

Old 10-22-2010, 07:59 PM
rs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura about
Ruf vin cars will always have that certain niche/panache to certain people, demand vs. supply will handle the rest

Old 10-31-2010, 11:21 AM
termsheet is infamous around these parts
You have to factor in the carbon body work to. You can't get that on a new, tuned one.