993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

Brake Fluid Leak in my 993TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 11:43 PM
andrewn is infamous around these parts
Brake Fluid Leak in my 993TT

Hey everyone. Just joined the forum and looking for some input. I recently got the dealer rec biannual brake flush done on my 97 TT. Walked out to the car this evening to take it for a drive and noticed fluid under the front end (my car has been bone dry since i've owned it...5 yrs) Some investigating revealed brake fluid overflowing from the closed resevoir in the front left corner....fluid leaked all over the front end getting on the carpeting and pooling in the base under the battery.

Needless to say i'm a bit upset. I just spent about 1.5 hours cleaning the car..had to take the batt out and spare tire. I've read about brake fluid and I know it's hydrophilic and non corrosive. Can this stuff do any damage to my car? Is it poor form for the "professionals" who flushed the brakes (for 250 bucks i might add) to allow this to a happen or is it common? Did they overfill it? Or am i just over reacting to a harmless mess? I would appreciate the feedback.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:57 PM
sandyclinic is infamous around these parts
Clean it up and move on....Steve C 97 993TT(lightened flywheel, Patrick Motorsports ECU upgrade,FabSpeed muffler bypass(Mozart), GT3 clutch)

Old 11-21-2010, 05:40 AM
TT/T is infamous around these parts
Usually the accumulator and slave are the culprits

You'll find more techincal answers here

Old 11-22-2010, 09:55 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Aristocrat? Ouch. I'd let them know about it, as they never make mistakes, lol. Sounds to me like it was grealy overfilled.

Last edited by IAPorscheDoc; 11-22-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:08 PM
jayster is infamous around these parts
Could be your brake booster is leaking, when you turn the key on does it seem your ABS pump takes longer to cycle off?
Is it green in color?