993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

AMGfan 997 Porsche 993tt Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 12:39 PM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
Jon, Any updates?

I figured you are too busy driving it.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:34 PM
furryjet is infamous around these parts
Awesome car, love how simple and clean it looks!

Old 10-28-2012, 01:45 PM
nacelle is infamous around these parts
subscribed..... looking forward to more!

Old 03-17-2013, 07:06 PM
AMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud of
Xpel Ultimate film on the whole car (except rear spoiler)...

Interior sound deadening...

Putting together the interior...

Ferrari OE leather

Attached Images              
Old 03-17-2013, 07:16 PM
AMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud of
Seats taken apart and painted Polar Silver to match the exterior...

Interior coming together...ALL carpet removed...All old leather removed...All cloth removed...either covered by new leather or suede. New floor panels were hand formed from foam...only carpet is on new custom mats.

Attached Images                   
Old 03-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Interior (continued)...

Attached Images                  
Old 03-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Interior (continued)...

Attached Images                 
Old 03-17-2013, 07:27 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
that is gonna be simply awesone - an outcome that the Porsche Individual program could only hope to have achieved!

Old 03-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Interior (continued)...

Attached Images                      
Old 03-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Interior (continued)...

Miscellaneous exterior stuff...

Fikse that came with the 993 were refinished and will be my second set of wheels whenever I feel ostentatious......THESE in the daylight are pretty wild.

Rear windshield wiper delete...

THE HANDOFF...picked up the car this past Friday and dropped off my 2008 997tt cab (this build took so long I picked it up in the meantime) for it's build...and drove off with a smile you could not wipe off......still smiling...

Attached Images           
Old 03-17-2013, 07:41 PM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
Pure sex. Very clever use of materials. More about the stereo setup please. Is that a 750 HD and a W6?

Old 03-17-2013, 07:43 PM
NOW IN MY GARAGE after a intimate session with my microfiber towels and quick detailer...it was already clean...but you know...I wanted to rub on it a bit...

Attached Images       
Old 03-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Screwing around with my new close up lens on my DSL...

Attached Images                         
Old 03-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys...

Pretty straight forward setup on the stereo..

Kenwood single DIN (I didn't want anything too flashy or big double DIN unit that would look anachronistic in the 993)...but it had to have all the bells and whistles.

AMPS:

JL 750/1 (sub amp) and JL 600/4 (front stage)...I'm not running rear speakers. They were painted gloss black...or at least the covers were.

SPEAKERS:

2 JL W6 10"s (sitting where the rear seats used to be and venting forward)
Hertz 3 way (MLK 3 PA's)

PROCESSORS: JBL M8

As far as performance...it has been massaged only a little right now.

AWE K24 turbo kit and GIAC software
FVD exhaust with 200 cell cats
No muffler (frigging loud)
Short shifter

Old 03-17-2013, 08:39 PM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
Spot on. You have great taste. I was thinking about having Paul champagne take care of my car. But now... Now, you have to put me on contact with these fellows.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMGfan 997 Porsche 993tt Build