993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

AMGfan 997 Porsche 993tt Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 06:00 PM
AMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud of
AMGfan 997 Porsche 993tt Build

Picked up the car Friday...so the build starts.

@ pickup it had...

1. FVD muffler bypass
2. ECU tune
3. Turbo S oil cooler
4. Lighter flywheel
5. Bilstein PSS9
6. Fikse 18"s

Plan: I WAS going to go ***** to the wall and do a GT2 conversion but being with the car and looking at it over the weekend...I LOVE the clean lines...so no GT2. I do want to change to the Euro front bumper and rear bumper. I just think it adds to the clean lines. I'm adding the Turbo S chin spoiler just because I personally think the front needs to have a stronger look to match the strong rear.

Like I said, I love the clean lines so I won't go with the Turbo S rear quarters with the ducts. The FVD bypass endpipes are pretty much shot so I will go with Fabspeed versions...they are the closest to stock look.

I'll change to clear lenses and replace the existing front fogs with the Turbo S brake ducts...I love the wheels but I do want to go 305's in the rear so I may need to switch to another set...still mesh look...whether it will be Forgeline, BBS, or Fikse...not yet decided.

Performance upgrades...keeping that quiet for now until I do my due diligence...but hope to match and be just above the Turbo S level power. I don't want to touch internals...at least not right now.

The interior is in damn good shape but I will freshen it up a bit...classy and understated is my goal...but in a personalized way. This is pretty much the mildest build I've been through (so far I've gone through 4...E55, SL65, Suburban, and GTR)...BUT this is very dear to me so it will be done right and with care to the Porsche name.

Last edited by AMGGTRfan; 03-19-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow...that IS clean. Love the wheels. GREAT car. Ride height looks perfect. Kudos for wanting to preserve those clean lines.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:47 PM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
wheels

If you decide to get rid of those let me know please.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:55 AM
AMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by carmstrongLS1
If you decide to get rid of those let me know please.
Will do...

Old 03-21-2012, 08:21 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Very nice Jon!

Old 03-21-2012, 09:37 AM
ENV² is a jewel in the roughENV² is a jewel in the roughENV² is a jewel in the rough
CLEAN! I love that car!

Old 03-22-2012, 11:29 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
looks amazing.......nothing like a clean 993 turbo!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-03-2012, 10:25 AM
trinitony is a jewel in the roughtrinitony is a jewel in the roughtrinitony is a jewel in the roughtrinitony is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AMGGTRfan
Picked up the car Friday...so the build starts.

@ pickup it had...

1. FVD muffler bypass
2. ECU tune
3. Turbo S oil cooler
4. Lighter flywheel
5. Bilstein PSS9
6. Fikse 18"s

Plan: I WAS going to go ***** to the wall and do a GT2 conversion but being with the car and looking at it over the weekend...I LOVE the clean lines...so no GT2. I do want to change to the Euro front bumper and rear bumper. I just think it adds to the clean lines. I'm adding the Turbo S chin spoiler just because I personally think the front needs to have a stronger look to match the strong rear.

Like I said, I love the clean lines so I won't go with the Turbo S rear quarters with the ducts. The FVD bypass endpipes are pretty much shot so I will go with Fabspeed versions...they are the closest to stock look.

I'll change to clear lenses and replace the existing front fogs with the Turbo S brake ducts...I love the wheels but I do want to go 305's in the rear so I may need to switch to another set...still mesh look...whether it will be Forgeline, BBS, or Fikse...not yet decided.

Performance upgrades...keeping that quiet for now until I do my due diligence...but hope to match and be just above the Turbo S level power. I don't want to touch internals...at least not right now.

The interior is in damn good shape but I will freshen it up a bit...classy and understated is my goal...but in a personalized way. This is pretty much the mildest build I've been through (so far I've gone through 4...E55, SL65, Suburban, and GTR)...BUT this is very dear to me so it will be done right and with care to the Porsche name.

is this Jason's old car? If yes, you got a damm good one. Enjoy her....

Last edited by trinitony; 04-03-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:05 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to club. Wow rarely I ever see a GTR owner jump onto a 993TT. You got good taste bro. Now dump the GTR

Last edited by vincentdds; 04-04-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:51 PM
JBurer is a glorious beacon of lightJBurer is a glorious beacon of lightJBurer is a glorious beacon of lightJBurer is a glorious beacon of lightJBurer is a glorious beacon of light
I agree - but nice car to move to.
Just wanted something different?

Originally Posted by vincentdds
Welcome to club. Wow rarely I ever see a GTR owner jump onto a 993TT. You got good taste bro. Now dump the GTR

Old 04-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Variety is the spice of life...as the cliche goes. I've always loved the 993tt body style...not so much the 996. And getting out of grad school and starting out on my own it was the halo car for me.

When I got the means to get one, I jumped at the chance. Its just a different drive...not the fastest but very involving for me. The sound as I move through the gears and the boost hitting...I love it.

The GTR is just my bonkers car. I always wanted one car that was stupid and scary fast but with a bespoke feeling. The interior was just too plain for me with materials just not to my liking...it was good but it could have been better with the right materials. Granted, it isn't to everyone's taste but that is what bespoked is...

The exterior of the GTR is not sexy like the 993tt but mean looking...I wanted that but to the Nth degree...again its not for everyone.

Switzer was the right team for me, though. They were on the same page with respect to power with long term reliability.

As far as the 993tt, it is near perfect for me with respect to looks and power. A great driving car that gets looks from everyone not just from people with testes (a la GTR). Did I say I love the 993tt enough?

Jon

Old 04-05-2012, 02:21 PM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
Jon, Congrats on the clean 993! She is a beauty, but as always all your cars are.

You send the GTR to Switz?

Old 04-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by 993Godspeed
Jon, Congrats on the clean 993! She is a beauty, but as always all your cars are.

You send the GTR to Switz?
Yup...been there since Feb...supposed to get it back late May...early June.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:10 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
great TT, silver is such a clean classy colour. Great looking car.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:29 PM
pcasso87 is infamous around these partspcasso87 is infamous around these parts
If you ever sell it please let me know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMGfan 997 Porsche 993tt Build