993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

My favorite 993T

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Wow! Jean, your car is probably my favorite on this entire board. Stunning.
Thank you! Now I have a front CTR2 RUF bumper , looks much milder, I will take a a pic and post it tomorrow.
Jean

Old 01-21-2007, 05:00 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jean

Jean
Your car is an inspiration to me as always.
Does the Ruf front and rear bumper requires fender flares. ASlso can a front FVD GT2 spoiler flare be fitted onto the Ruf front bumper. I find it so difficult to be uniqued with the 993TT. I am at the point of wanting to convert the front and rear into the 997GT3.

Vincent

Last edited by vincentdds; 01-21-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Vincent you devil I forgot that I had already posted pics somewhere! Thanks again.

The Ruf bumper fits the stock 993TT just fine. I had to modify both the front and rear RUF bumpers for them to fit my car's width with the GT2 flares. I am not sure which FVD Flare you are talking about

A 993TT is already unique, it does not need any Gemballa kits on it! I can't say a 997GT3 front has not crossed my mind, just give it sometime, I am sure they will be done.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:11 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Jean definately the sickest car on here! That CTR2 front bumper cleaned up the front a lot. Awesome looks with an engine to match, well done!

Old 01-22-2007, 06:24 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jean
Vincent you devil I forgot that I had already posted pics somewhere! Thanks again.

The Ruf bumper fits the stock 993TT just fine. I had to modify both the front and rear RUF bumpers for them to fit my car's width with the GT2 flares. I am not sure which FVD Flare you are talking about

A 993TT is already unique, it does not need any Gemballa kits on it! I can't say a 997GT3 front has not crossed my mind, just give it sometime, I am sure they will be done.
Jean

This FVD spoiler

Any good source for 997GT3 replica?

Best

Vincent

Old 01-24-2007, 05:41 AM
Thanks ZLP. I think it looks cleaner. Problem is I have more understeer now on high speed turns, I need to add a CF lip or sth. as I have my rear wing maxxed up for downforce.

Vincent, I don't like those "eye lashes" at all, these are like the factory GT2 aero package, they do a good job at high speed stability it seems when matched with a rear wing, since RUF is now also using them on his RT12 I think.

I am sure Getty or B.Bodies or MaShaw will soon do a GT3 botl on kit, I will be first in line, for the aero advantage, and also the looks obviously, it will be a nice addition to my almost stock car

Old 01-24-2007, 07:08 AM
supranick750hp is infamous around these parts
they all are gorgeous

Old 01-26-2007, 01:11 AM
Basal Skull is infamous around these parts
The original car in the thread belongs to a friend of mine - I think it's slate grey? FVD K24, catless, FVD intercooler, Pss9s, GT3 seats, protomotive software, DAS roll bar. This car was the reason I had to sell my 85 targa to get my own TT. It was for sale recently minus some of the goodies, not sure if he's decided to keep it.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:26 PM
tractorcrusher is infamous around these partstractorcrusher is infamous around these parts
I don't not love any car in this thread so far (nice double-negative)... I still think the 993 Porsche and the Ferrari 355 are the most timeless automotive designs ever.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:29 PM
allenjdmb is infamous around these parts
Anyone have pics of that incredible black one...

from the Atlanta area? Has about 10k miles, full RUF mods withwheels, body parts, Recaro/Ruf seats, and more...may be the best looking Porsche I have ever seen.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:14 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Just reading through the new Porsche Excellence and saw "S Cargo's" add, they have a SICKKKK Silver 993TT with RUF front bumper and black anodized Fikse's it looks like, i need pics of this car now haha!

Old 02-03-2007, 09:38 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Martin, You have been hanging around the aircooled boards too much lately. Are you doing what I am doing?

Old 02-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Sick car! Dan stamp of approval!

Old 02-03-2007, 02:23 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Martin, You have been hanging around the aircooled boards too much lately. Are you doing what I am doing?
i might be if its reasonable! I still have the GT3 to think about though, still havent driven one or gotten a damn ride!

Im loving the older aircooled porsche's, thing is all of the ones i want are mucho $ lol.. I want an RSR 2.8/993 RS or 964 RS more than anything (DROOLLL)

Old 02-03-2007, 03:16 PM
RSS
RSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to all
Jean - Not sharing a pic of your new front bumper with your friends over on Rennlist?

Looks great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.