993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

Video: Jic/cross 993 Gt2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:18 PM
paul@jic-magic is infamous around these parts
Video: Jic/cross 993 Gt2

This a short video of our GT2 practicing during Formula D drifting event past weekend. The car is not 100% yet so it was going through the course in half throttle.

http://www.cross-na.com/ViewNews.aspx?ID=161&Cat=RD

The car will be competing in next event at Sonoma, CA 8/11/07

Old 07-18-2007, 10:38 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by paul@jic-magic
This a short video of our GT2 practicing during Formula D drifting event past weekend. The car is not 100% yet so it was going through the course in half throttle.

http://www.cross-na.com/ViewNews.aspx?ID=161&Cat=RD

The car will be competing in next event at Sonoma, CA 8/11/07
Paul

Is that a GT2 conversion? What exhaust system do you have it? Sounds so good.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:59 AM
RSS
RSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to all
I remember going to the JIC shop in LA a couple of times and they had an original GT2 there. At the time it was pretty stripped down without a motor. Always wondered what they were going to do with it.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Paul

Is that a GT2 conversion? What exhaust system do you have it? Sounds so good.
It is an actual GT2 and the motor is 3.8 TT that was used for 24hr Daytona. The motor was rebuilt and the exhaust is custom. It is a straight pipe coming from the turbo and separate piping for the wastegate on each side. That run was only rev'd to 4K.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Our GT2 is running on our CROSS suspension that is off the self with different spring rate. Let me know if anyone needs info on suspension for your car.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:42 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Still wierd for me to see a Porsche, especially a rare 993 GT2 drifing. Should be fun to watch in full action!

Old 07-18-2007, 11:50 AM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
I had the Cross suspension installed in my 993TT about 2 weeks ago. Great upgrade. I also had it in my Boxster and had great luck with it in there as well.

-David

Old 07-18-2007, 12:16 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by paul@jic-magic
It is an actual GT2 and the motor is 3.8 TT that was used for 24hr Daytona. The motor was rebuilt and the exhaust is custom. It is a straight pipe coming from the turbo and separate piping for the wastegate on each side. That run was only rev'd to 4K.

I may try out your suspension soon....Price?
Anymore specs on the GT2?

Old 07-24-2007, 01:03 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
whats going on in Sonoma and where? I live north in Mendocino but would come down for some good gearhead fun

Old 07-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by riverflyer
whats going on in Sonoma and where? I live north in Mendocino but would come down for some good gearhead fun
We will be at Infineon Raceway, Sonoma on August 11th for Formula D event. www.formulad.com This event will be our first competition for the Porsche and having support from you guys will be great. If anyone is coming down please let me know.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:46 PM
AL Z is infamous around these parts
Good luck with the car...

Old 07-24-2007, 04:47 PM
AL Z is infamous around these parts
It is a little strange to see a Porsche drifting..

Old 07-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by AL Z
Good luck with the car...
Thanks, we

Old 07-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by AL Z
It is a little strange to see a Porsche drifting..
It is strange, that is why we are doing it since it is good marketing for ourselves in that market. We just have to make sure it looks great out there.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:01 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Awesome man, btw I like the JIC Cross suspension a lot! One of the best ive felt in the 996TT's

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: Jic/cross 993 Gt2