993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

Decoding Options: XFB, XU7, X92?? (Help!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:21 AM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Decoding Options: XFB, XU7, X92?? (Help!)

My 993TT ('97) was heavily optioned out by Porsche Exclusiv. Trying to track down the meaning of 3 option codes as I can't find them on the popular sites (6speed, p-car, rennlist):

(1) XFB
(2) XU7
(3) X92 -- P-car.com says this is a "964 3.6 Turbo S flatnose special front spoiler" option. Is this correct and, if so, why the 964 part on a '97 993TT?

Any help would be appreciated!

Best,

DAVID

Old 09-14-2007, 07:22 AM
993turbos is infamous around these parts
The Certificate of Authenticity might have the answers if you buy it. Of course, they are also know to have errors.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:55 AM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Actually, I have already ordered the Certificate of Authenticity. Porsche, admits, that the CoA won't entirely match the build sticker that's on the car... and they can't provide a reason why these two items don't match up. (Weird.) In fact, they said that there's no way for Porsche to even provide specifics on my custom paint... just that the CoA will say "999". Trying to dig deeper than the CoA. Thanks for the help!

DAVID