993 Last generation normally aspirated aircooled Porsche 911. Community includes the C2, C2s, C4, Targa, C4s and cabriolet discussion.

Child seat in 993 cab...any Canadian version cabs to chime in?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 11:49 AM
JPS
JPS is infamous around these parts
Child seat in 993 cab...any Canadian version cabs to chime in?

Ok, so I haven't cinched everything down yet, but I think I can get my Britax Diplomat to fit in the back of my 993 cab. Between the belts and/or rigging a retrofit LATCH as per some links on Rennlist, the bottom of the seat can probably get tight.

However, the top tether point is problematic. I'm talking forward facing here (I gave up on rear facing). The Canadian version, per my trusty and only recently consulted owner's manual, apparently has tether anchor points on the back of the rear seatbacks. I placed a call to a dealer in Canada on Friday, didn't get a return call yet, and today is some sort of holiday there.

Anyone have any points to tether, or know if there is a kit to get to retrofit the US to the Ca spec on the tether mount point? Can any Canadian folks chime in on what they have?

I could obviously just go pull up my rear seat back upholstery and look for myself, but my DAS roll bar is in right now, and I would rather not pull it, pull the carpet, then find out I'm barking up the wrong tree...

Help?

Thanks,