993 Last generation normally aspirated aircooled Porsche 911. Community includes the C2, C2s, C4, Targa, C4s and cabriolet discussion.

How Low? 993C4S as a DD??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 09:52 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
How Low? 993C4S as a DD??

6Speed Brothers,
What is the ideal height "bumper to ground" for a 1998 C4S sporting an Aero II lip, rigid tuned suspension (M030), and coil overs? The car was lowered even further by the last owner and I just know that I'll be banging up that beautiful lip if I keep it "as is."

This car is going to be driven as a daily driver so it'll be contending with snow, potholes, speed bumps, and more. The ride height needs to be practical and, therefore, raised a bit. THOUGHTS??

Thanks

DAVID

Old 12-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Cactushead has a spectacular aura aboutCactushead has a spectacular aura about
Praise The Lowered David!

Old 12-16-2008, 11:53 AM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Cactushead
Praise The Lowered David!
Hahahahahaha!

But, seriously, you DD a 993.... thoughts?

Old 12-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Cactushead has a spectacular aura aboutCactushead has a spectacular aura about
It is doable but you just have to be careful and take everything at an angle. We can't use the FPB (front protection bar) because we have the Turbo S lip. There is a lip built in that I scraped a few times in my driveway but I was super low and raise it a cuple of turns. Post a pic of your car again so i can have a lookey.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Cactushead
It is doable but you just have to be careful and take everything at an angle. We can't use the FPB (front protection bar) because we have the Turbo S lip. There is a lip built in that I scraped a few times in my driveway but I was super low and raise it a cuple of turns. Post a pic of your car again so i can have a lookey.
Here's a pic already on 6. Scroll down to the thumbnail of the blue Pcar. As a reference point, look how the car almost sits on the tires. I could barely get a finger between the tire and the fender.

If you want a few other pics, PM me your email addy.

And thanks! Now, how 'bout the rest of ya'll since more opinions the better!!

Old 12-16-2008, 07:50 PM
schred is infamous around these parts
if you keep it low you will be using that front lip as a snow plow! I would raise it, but not back to stock ride height,, maybe just a bit lower, about a 1 inch drop from stock height maybe ?

Old 12-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure exactly what mine is set at, but I still have to be careful, but I no longer hit on speed bumps, & don't scrape everywhere.

This is when I first got her....

After about 3/4in raise & PSS10's installed

Old 12-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Sweet ride! Can you measure the distance from the street to the bottom-most point of the lip? I'd be curious about the distance....

Thanks!