993 Last generation normally aspirated aircooled Porsche 911. Community includes the C2, C2s, C4, Targa, C4s and cabriolet discussion.

New Guy Yellow C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 12:27 AM
wutanggwang is a jewel in the roughwutanggwang is a jewel in the roughwutanggwang is a jewel in the roughwutanggwang is a jewel in the rough
New Guy Yellow C4S

Hey gang!

New guy here. I thought I'd introduce myself since I've been here on the forum absorbing knowledge from you guys for awhile. I have a yellow 97 993 C4S. It's pretty much stock except for a few minor OEM upgrades and a Techart steering wheel and HIDs. I've had a polar silver 96 C4S prior to this one. Love the air cooled sexy wide body.

I'm looking to upgrade to some larger 19" wheels and am looking for some advice and suggestions from the experts.

Any suggestions on the wheels and colour? Does anyone have any recommendations of a place in Vancouver B.C. to get wheels?

Thanks!

Old 02-19-2009, 12:30 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
welcome to the 6....nice 993 and a good intro....mod rep to you...

Old 02-19-2009, 02:03 AM
ishmerc is infamous around these parts
nice car,love that body style

Old 02-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice car welcome!! Stick with the 18's, 19's don't ride so well.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Dunit is infamous around these partsDunit is infamous around these parts
18 inch BBS LM Dark Grey would look really tough.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:18 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Welcome to the 6! Digging your ride and am lusting after that TechArt steering wheel

Cheers!

Old 02-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
There are not too many yellow Porsche in Vancouver, let alone with our pastel yellow. The wheels on your C4S like out from 996 Turbo S which is in GT silver (darker silver). My TT use to have silver wheels and the pastel yellow look much better with black wheels. BBS LM are good choice. I love the step lips with 993 classic body line. Works VSXX is another choice! As I said at another thread, we should come out to have a photo shoot!

Old 02-25-2009, 10:31 AM
wutanggwang is a jewel in the roughwutanggwang is a jewel in the roughwutanggwang is a jewel in the roughwutanggwang is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Ray
There are not too many yellow Porsche in Vancouver, let alone with our pastel yellow. The wheels on your C4S like out from 996 Turbo S which is in GT silver (darker silver). My TT use to have silver wheels and the pastel yellow look much better with black wheels. BBS LM are good choice. I love the step lips with 993 classic body line. Works VSXX is another choice! As I said at another thread, we should come out to have a photo shoot!
Good observation Ray.. yes they are from a Turbo S. I was going to come out for the weekend drive with you guys a few weeks ago but couldn't. I missed out! I saw you car and was surprise to see another pastel yellow. I do like the black wheels and shiney lips. Yes let's get together for a shoot. It's not often you get two generation pastel yellow cars together. I would also like to check out your wheels.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Nice car welcome!! Stick with the 18's, 19's don't ride so well.
I was thinking that and there have been many that have advised me that 19's will look good but be very hard.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:12 PM
996Carrera is infamous around these parts
Ask for Chris, at Deutsch Tech Motors in Richmond on Westminster Highway, 604 278 7986. He has been around a very long time and knows his European cars very well. He can get you just about anything and has excellent customer service. He has been working on my cars for over ten years.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by 996Carrera
Ask for Chris, at Deutsch Tech Motors in Richmond on Westminster Highway, 604 278 7986. He has been around a very long time and knows his European cars very well. He can get you just about anything and has excellent customer service. He has been working on my cars for over ten years.
Thanks for the info. Does Chris actually work on the cars? Can I get my car modded there? Can he put on some nice yellow ruf brake calipers on mine like you have?

Old 02-26-2009, 04:04 PM
996Carrera is infamous around these parts
Chris, works on all the cars himself. He mostly does high end European cars and knows his stuff. I highly recommend him and you can see some of the cars he's done on his website.

http://deutschtechmotors.net/

Old 03-10-2009, 05:28 AM
Jetpilot3 is infamous around these parts
Lovely 993! Congrats. What's the mileage on that car as it looks in great shape...?

Old 03-17-2009, 05:55 PM
carreralemans is infamous around these parts
Welcome, very nice color. I love Yellow porsche....

Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2009, 07:28 AM
techsis is infamous around these partstechsis is infamous around these parts
Beautiful car! If you want to sell your current wheels, send me a pm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Guy Yellow C4S