993 Last generation normally aspirated aircooled Porsche 911. Community includes the C2, C2s, C4, Targa, C4s and cabriolet discussion.

Value of 993 CS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Value of 993 CS?

My father in law has a 993 Carrera S with the factory aero kit. He's the 2nd owner and has had the car for years. As you well know it's a factory turbo body style but comes with the NA 282HP engine. Truly the last of the air cooled cars.

It has about 40K miles and is in great shape.

I'm thinking about buying it from him. Any idea what it's worth?

He did tell me that 993s are known for having some part of the smog equipment get filled with carbon and throw a light. Not really a functional or critical issue. His car doesn't have that, but he thinks it's a possible expensive repair if it does pop up. What's that about?

Any info would be appreciated.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:40 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Hey Ari,

Here is a good read on the Carbon Build up issue that causes the 96 and up cars to throw a CEL. (Valve guides)
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...sues-long.html

Depending on condition, colors, options and year, that car should be anywhere from a low of $32k (with a good family discount) to a high of $42k.

In my opinion, it's a safe place to put $32-$42k as I don't see them depreciating much more than they have. As you know, the S and 4S cars definately demand a premium over the regular C2 and C4's. Great cars. Post up some pics if you can.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:29 AM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
All 993's had the smog equipment that can cause issues, but the 96+ cars had OBDII system, which means they had a check engine light that would trigger when the smog system (SAI) clogged. The 1995 model year had the same issues, but they were OBDI, meaning they did not have the CEL on the dash to have to stare at. The S was not introduced back in the 993 until 96, so all S' have OBDII, meaning that your father in laws car can possibly have the issue and pop a CEL light.

Issues with the SAI system don't affect the running of the car at all if the ports or valve clogs. It is strictly for smog. Most of the 95 guys remove the system entirely, because they have no check engine light that will trigger. Unfortunately with the 96+, if you pull everything, it will trigger the CEL.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:03 PM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
im in the market for a c2s and have been looking at their prices for a couple of months. the low end is 35 and the high end is close to 60 if you check sloan cars, truspeed or whilhoit. factors that add value to most buyers is as follows:

1. c2s more desireable than c4s to most
2. less than 30k miles huge plus
3. white, black, artic silver more widely liked
4. black interior
5. of course no paint work and all records

in general if you're thinking of getting it, do it. my bet is if you don't rack up the miles, you won't lose any money on it. post pics

Old 01-19-2010, 10:35 PM
windydog is infamous around these parts
buy it!

Old 01-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Sorry guys. Double checked and it has almost 57K miles. It is a nice car in good shape but has minor expected rock chips in front

C2S, factory Aero. Polar on Light Grey, 2nd owner, well maintained

Looks like tuhis:

Interesting Stats

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 01-20-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:42 PM
did you buy that beautiful car yet?

Old 01-21-2010, 04:29 AM
Devin1205 is infamous around these parts
I don't think you can go wrong with that car! even if it needs a little something i'm sure it would be worth it on those nice drives!

Old 01-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Not yet. It's probably not going to be on sale right away....

But he now has a 7GT3 and an E46 M3...

Old 01-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Bobby G is infamous around these parts
Ari - what options does it have? Service records going back how far? How much oil does it leak? Any accidents? Any aftermarket mods? Answers to these questions will help you with pricing. If it didn't have the light grey seats I would be bugging you to put me in touch with the seller!

Old 01-22-2010, 02:15 PM
No accidents, all records. is it supposed to leak oil (or just consume some)?

It has fresh Pss9s and 996 Hollow Spokes. Otherwise 100% stock and comes with stock struts/springs.

Probably a good thing he's not quite ready to sell. I need to come up with some cash.

Originally Posted by Bobby G
Ari - what options does it have? Service records going back how far? How much oil does it leak? Any accidents? Any aftermarket mods? Answers to these questions will help you with pricing. If it didn't have the light grey seats I would be bugging you to put me in touch with the seller!

Old 01-24-2010, 01:01 PM
man, tell your father in law that he should give it to you as a gift for taking such good care of his daughter....

Old 01-27-2010, 11:51 PM
) hahaha

Old 02-08-2010, 04:04 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Ari,
If you can pull together the cash, grab up that car and keep the 993 love in the family A C2S Aero II is just pure nirvana... especially for your part of the world. And, unless there's a hidden mechanical gremlin, your investment should hold its value.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:01 PM
jvmax is infamous around these parts
I sure miss my 993 which i regretfully sold last year due to the fallout from the 2008 meltdown. Biz is back on track, in the market again, sure would like to pick one up in the mid $30's