993 Last generation normally aspirated aircooled Porsche 911. Community includes the C2, C2s, C4, Targa, C4s and cabriolet discussion.

Thoughts on green/gray combo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 07:51 PM
loantaka is infamous around these parts
Thoughts on green/gray combo

Hi, first post here. What do y'all think about this? I am okay with green, but not too sure about the gray interior. Price is okay though...

Thanks!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...acktype=usedcc

Old 08-05-2010, 10:25 AM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
loantaka,
suggest you buy a car that specifically makes you happy.

that having been said, a green/gray combo is going to be tougher to move if you ever decide to sell

my $.02

Old 08-05-2010, 09:59 PM
sanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud of
I like that combo and think a lighter colored interior is the way to go on a convertible due to heat from the sun when the top is down.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
It looks fine! Since you are going to paying for it, get what makes YOU happy.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:44 PM
I saw finally an aventurine green with tan today, and I am much more comfortable with this color after seeing it in person. It is almost slate with some green in it. I can see why gray would go with aventurine since it has so much gray in itself.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:29 PM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
hold off and wait till you find a black or tan interior. grey in general is less desirable. are you set on getting a convertible? the price is right for the vehicle but i would sit tight and maybe increase your price point to 35k and see if you can pick up a c2s. the wide bodies in these cars are most sought after -- for good reason.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by dfwerdoc
hold off and wait till you find a black or tan interior. grey in general is less desirable. are you set on getting a convertible? the price is right for the vehicle but i would sit tight and maybe increase your price point to 35k and see if you can pick up a c2s. the wide bodies in these cars are most sought after -- for good reason.
Yes, I am set on a cab. There is another aventurine green with tan interior with the same mileage, but it is going for $10k more!

Old 08-07-2010, 11:51 AM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
the cabs are less desirable than the coupes and you'll find one with the color combo you want for 30k give or take 2k. sit tight. post on rennlist that you're looking for a cab how much you're willing to spend and people will pipe up. 993 guys have envy for other people's 993's and always looking to trade up: the cabs want coupes, the coupes want c4s, the c4s want c2s and the c2s want turbos and turbos want turbo s's and everyone wants a gt2 -- sort of kind of.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:17 PM
mjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the rough
The green / gray combo is very nice. But only buy it if you love it.