993 Last generation normally aspirated aircooled Porsche 911. Community includes the C2, C2s, C4, Targa, C4s and cabriolet discussion.

My Slippery Slope Photos...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 01:12 PM
aw21 is infamous around these parts
My Slippery Slope Photos...

Finally got around to clearing out some photos from my camera so thought I'd share.

It's been about 6 months now with my Black C4S and it's been fun toying with it. I didn't document it very well but here are a few shots of the slippery slope!

Off to the shop for a detail and Euro bumperette delete:

First trip with the car to Monterey:

Off to FD Motorsports and Darin for a major service, oil leaks remedied, Suspension upgrade(Bilstein/H&R), Golden Rod, and of course Stg III cans. Had him also coat my wide ovals black.

Obtained a set of 18" staggered BBS LM's
Wife was out shopping so I thought I'd sneak them in the house to reverse mount them- rear spacers no longer needed!

Left side original, Right side reverse mounted:

Off to RRIV!!!

Scored a GT3 thicker 3 spoke & some Sports Seats!

I've always liked the clean no spoiler look and happily had that on my 2 previous 993's in the past. Felt like a change so thought I'd rock the Aero kit for awhile:

My 2 dark speed demons!

Until next time....

Andy

Old 12-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
excellent taste in mods! Love the wheels, seats and steering wheel. very nice.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:24 AM
EV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the rough
amazing car!!!

Old 12-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great, but I'm a bit biased.

I did see your car at Rennsport. It looked hot!

Old 12-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Jamerikan is a jewel in the roughJamerikan is a jewel in the roughJamerikan is a jewel in the rough
Wow, I love the new look. The wheels and the aero wing look great, IMO. Anything else planned? What did the wife say when she got home and saw the new look.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:27 AM
juanchoturbo85z is infamous around these parts
Looks very nice. You have good taste

JF

Old 12-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Bobby G is infamous around these parts
Love it. The aero wing and those wheels compliment each other well.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:57 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
beautiful ride.....

Old 12-25-2011, 01:43 AM
turbo>na is infamous around these parts
Wow, how many miles?

Old 01-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Yacht Master is infamous around these parts
Pretty work Andy.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Turb-OH Brad has a spectacular aura aboutTurb-OH Brad has a spectacular aura aboutTurb-OH Brad has a spectacular aura about
Another +1 for BBS and Aerokit. Sport seats and steering wheel also nicely accent the interior. I am supremely jealous of your "build".

Old 01-24-2012, 05:25 PM
CG901 is infamous around these parts
New to this forum. Where would you buy a 3 spoke steering wheel and rear wing? Are they aftermarket?
Thanks

Old 02-06-2012, 05:38 PM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
stunning ... i think you just talked me into a turbo s lip

Old 02-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Overlake is infamous around these parts
Beautiful ride, perfect, but I'd be concerned about your "reverse mounting" the centers of your LMs.

I've called BBS about this and they said to never un-do the screws as use specific materials and torque specs at the factory. The bolts are for one-time use only, but you've even gone so far as to mount from from the inside? Be careful!

Old 02-27-2012, 03:52 PM
aw21 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Overlake
Beautiful ride, perfect, but I'd be concerned about your "reverse mounting" the centers of your LMs.

I've called BBS about this and they said to never un-do the screws as use specific materials and torque specs at the factory. The bolts are for one-time use only, but you've even gone so far as to mount from from the inside? Be careful!
Thanks for the message.
I actually heard that too. I contacted a few members and wheel guru's including one on Rennlist where I got the idea and they seemed to think it's perfectly safe. Also, so many people over in the VW scene have done it - I was surprised.

But yes, good idea to get all new bolts w/ proper locktite and torqueing to be safe. Or, can always switch it back if weary.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Slippery Slope Photos...