993 Last generation normally aspirated aircooled Porsche 911. Community includes the C2, C2s, C4, Targa, C4s and cabriolet discussion.

shocks for 1996 993?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 12:50 AM
mrtexasfreedom is a jewel in the roughmrtexasfreedom is a jewel in the roughmrtexasfreedom is a jewel in the rough
shocks for 1996 993?

I've searched these forums for a solution to my worn-out shocks syndrome. I've got the original factory shocks installed and they are absolutely kaput.

This car is a daily street driver. I'm about to pull the trigger on a Koni FSD kit per the recommendations I've found on this forum, but many of those posts are somewhat dated. I'd like a sanity check before I drop a grand on this shock kit.

thoughts?

mtf

Old 06-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Former Vendor
dbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant future
I do not like the FSD on Porsches. They are comfortable but they do take away from the edgy sporty feel a lot. On a sedan or wagon, they are perfect. On a daily driver 993 I would recommend Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks. They are not as stiff as the sports, but yet firm, and considered as one of the best direct replacements.

I see you are in Austin, we are in San Antonio. We can ship a set to you or install here in San Antonio at our facility.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:43 PM
mrtexasfreedom is a jewel in the roughmrtexasfreedom is a jewel in the roughmrtexasfreedom is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the info. I have sent an email to your sales contact.

mtf