996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lonestar 60-130 comp. and 360 at 70MPH!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 06:41 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Did the UMW car have Zero Clearance gold plated turbos?

Old 09-29-2007, 06:58 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Dr. Jitsu,

You aren't going to believe this. I wasn't going to admit this, but since this happened to you, I may as well:P.

On the 610 loop I was coming up on my exit at Woodway/Memorial and the car started hydroplaning. As I let of the gas, the same thing happened. Except I spun across 4 lanes of traffic. I remember looking out of the back right window at an Air Conditioning van thinking I'm going to hit him, but it won't be bad, and then thinking I'm not going to hit him, but I'm going to hit the wall, and then I'm not going to hit the wall at all, and then HOLY **** I didn't hit anything. Facing the wrong way on 610 I high Fived my buddy and told him how terribly sorry I was, then U-Turned and exited. Not a scratch on my car.

Thank god no one was hurt. Thank God!!!! So there you have it. I learned a lot today. Great to meet all of ya'll, and I'm already pumped about the next meet.

TXGold

Old 09-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Yeah the weather sucked ALL day here in Friendswood. Glad everyone is ok and their cars in perfect working order.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:09 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Thanks for the post Sean, I'm glad you and your car are OK!!!!! Now, onto the day...

IT SUCKED! (the weather that is!)

The weather was humid (probably close to 90% humidity as it was sprinkling on/off the whole time) and the temp was up around 90 degrees. It would drizzle, we'd wait, then dry up, then drizzle, etc... SUCKS does not even explain the conditions. Anyhow, here is a rundown of times, I will send files to Scott (Divexx) to make it formal and verified (I hope I did it right!!!)

Peter Blach - single turbo Supra. I was on drag radials. The MOST I could put down was around 800 rwhp. Even at that, my fastest run I let out and got back into it (as Scott will see in the file I send him). In any event, every time I tried turning up the boost, my car was sideways facing the wall at 100 mph. NOT FUN. In any event, the best I could do today at 800 rwhp was a 5.3

Duy Bui - 700 rwhp Supra through an automatic (he runs a 71 mm turbo) - Duy came out and ran a few 5.7's, that was the best he could do. You could hear him at 100 mph hitting the NOS and spinning the tires on drag radials. I think Duy's car has a low 5 in it on a dry track with not heat/humidity.

Sean Reed in his ~ 640 rwhp GT2 - a very good 7.2 second time - however, I will say, that his car has a mid 6 in it. The conditions prevented a great time for him today.

Nick Diep - he ran a best of 7.3 - his car was running 6.6 seconds last March at the TX2K7 event, so as you can see, he was 0.7 seconds behind at the same power, same tire, same boost...only thing different - conditions... We all saw Nick go LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT and close to the wall at 80+ mph in 3rd gear. VERY scary...

Dennis Jason - 550 rwhp ZO6 - his car is STRONG and his best was 8.0 - I will tell you that I was shocked it wasn't quicker. Dennis is probably one of the best drivers I have ever seen. He shifts crazy fast and has great car control. Back to the ****ty conditions - think about this...a 550 rwhp ZO6 will trap 133 or so in the quarter mile (if not faster). A Ferrari Enzo traps around 131. How does an Enzo run 7.0 and the best Dennis could do is 8.0??? **** CONDITIONS!

Paul Collings - he has a 500+ rwhp 996TT. The best he could muster was a 9.0 but his car ran damn strong...

Stock ZO6 (sorry forgot your name!!!) - ran a 9.6 best

Ryan Alcorn - has a chipped 996TT, otherwise stock, ran a best of 10.3

Stock Viper with exhaust (sorry forgot your name!!!) - ran a best of 10.6

There was also a Supra with a T61 and stock fuel, don't remember what you guys ran Kareem???? Tommy was also there doing a few pulls in his Supra but there just to practice, not sure if he got a clean run. Finally a CTS-V showed that didn't hit 130 in time to register. I hope I'm not forgetting anyone! Had a BLAST even though the conditions were rough... On the way home I encountered the same STORM that threw Sean into a spin...I was however smarter! Drag radials in back, 35 mph, hazards flashing, cruising down I-10...first time my car ever saw rain! Can you imagine? LOL

Thanks so much to John Hennessey and www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com and see you all (and hopefully more of you) at the October 60-130 challenge!

Peter

Last edited by houstonT; 09-29-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:10 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
I actually went with platinum plating my *****es. And it was a 10.3, hehe.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:18 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
OH, forgot to mention, if anyone has pics of my car, can you email them to me at pblach@att.net

Thanks!
Peter

Old 09-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Files emailed to Scott. Based on what I was able to see using the driftbox software, it looked like my 5.3 was actually a 5.2x (but I will let Scott figure that out) and that Sean's 7.2 was a 7.1x (again, I will let Scott figure that out).

Thanks again guys and I can't wait to go at it again. My best so far is a 5.1 so I would love to beat that time!

Peter

Old 09-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Ryan,

The platinum plating will match your "sweet valve stems"

It was good to meet you. Glad you are OK.

Peter, again thanks, you did a great job...next time the weather will be better, no doubt.

And if Duy Bai is only making 700 (even w/ drivetrain loss) then Barry Bonds is all natural.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Duy is making about 700 or so rwhp (Duy, can you chime in?). You are forgetting something VERY important about Duy. He is an automatic!!! He floors it, the RPM's stay at 7k rpm the whole time, and he hangs on... It's that easy!

Peter

Old 09-29-2007, 08:28 PM
OK, messing with the driftbox program (of course working under the assumption that Scott will verify the data)...

Peter Blach - around 5.26 seconds - my 2-3 shift was GRANNY at 0.36 seconds.

Duy Bui - looks to be right at 5.70, possibly 5.69 - automatic, straight smooth curve.

Sean Reed - around 7.21 seconds - your 3-4 shift was around 0.30 seconds

Dennis Jason - around 7.99 seconds - your 2-3 shift was 0.20 seconds, your 3-4 shift was 0.24 seconds, NICE JOB on your shifts Dennis!

Ryan Alcorn - around 10.35 seconds - your 3-4 shift was 0.30 seconds.

Ok, that is my amateur analysis given I've never used this software and am only about 90% sure I'm doing it right! Looking forward to Scott (Divexx) chiming in...

Peter

Old 09-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Peter,
Thanks so much for your help and enthusiasm today. You made me feel very welcome. I'll try to get my pics uploaded for everyone soon.
TXGold

Old 09-29-2007, 11:13 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
OK, messing with the driftbox program (of course working under the assumption that Scott will verify the data)...

Peter Blach - around 5.26 seconds - my 2-3 shift was GRANNY at 0.36 seconds.

Duy Bui - looks to be right at 5.70, possibly 5.69 - automatic, straight smooth curve.

Sean Reed - around 7.21 seconds - your 3-4 shift was around 0.30 seconds

Dennis Jason - around 7.99 seconds - your 2-3 shift was 0.20 seconds, your 3-4 shift was 0.24 seconds, NICE JOB on your shifts Dennis!

Ryan Alcorn - around 10.35 seconds - your 3-4 shift was 0.30 seconds.

Ok, that is my amateur analysis given I've never used this software and am only about 90% sure I'm doing it right! Looking forward to Scott (Divexx) chiming in...

Peter
You could e-mail those files to KPG ...........he has a computer program that will verify the run and extrapolate all data.He verifies all 6-speed Drift Box data..........Scott is probably out of internet range or working hard in Iraq.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:14 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Good job, guys. None of the runs had any drop-outs; they all look like clean runs. All of them were slightly downhill, but not by a huge amount. Here are the final graphs:

5.25 - Houston T / Peter - 1.2 foot drop - 1 shift:

5.70 - Duy Bui - 3.6 foot drop - auto:

7.21 - Dr Jitsu - 4.4 foot drop - 1 shift:

7.98 - Dennis Jason - 1.2 foot drop - 2 shifts:

10.36 - Ryan Alcorn - 2.6 foot drop - 1 shift:

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-01-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:27 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Back to the ****ty conditions - think about this...a 550 rwhp ZO6 will trap 133 or so in the quarter mile (if not faster). A Ferrari Enzo traps around 131. How does an Enzo run 7.0 and the best Dennis could do is 8.0??? **** CONDITIONS!
Are you sure about that, Peter?

According to the “ZO6 fast list” on Corvette Forum,…there have been only two C6 ZO6’s that have trapped over 132 mph; one was a fully-built N/A car that went 132.7, and the other was a Nitrous car that went 139 (it currently holds the C6 ZO6 record so far).

All of the other cars (even those with full bolt-ons making 550+ rwhp) are running under 129 mph, with the majority in the 126 and under range.

As great as I think the cars are, and no disrespect intended towards the cars or their owners, I haven’t been overly impressed with the acceleration of modded N/A C6 ZO6’s thus far.

You can see the "ZO6 fast list", here:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...78&postcount=2

Also, we can compare his run to another modded Corvette on this forum; a car owned by member Vrybad. His car is a twin-turbo C5 Z06 (APS Turbo, no cats, stock muffler) that made 573 rwhp @ 9.5 psi. He ran 7.56 with 1 shift (I verified the graph myself).

So, for Dennis to hit 7.98 with 2 shifts and 23 less rwhp, I think he's right where he should be.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 09-30-2007 at 03:36 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:59 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Iexciting..my sick mind, all I was actually worried about was damaging my car. Stupid/crazy/selfish me....what I should have really been thinking about was my wife and 3 month old son.

I think it was a message from my higher power to stop street racing, lol, and just keep it to the track.

All in all, it was a fantastic day!
First sounds like a fun time was had by all. Second Pilot Sport Cups are very scary in the rain as you found out the hard way! Glad you and the car are ok!

Also good job on the win with Paulie!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lonestar 60-130 comp. and 360 at 70MPH!