996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lonestar 60-130 comp. and 360 at 70MPH!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Lonestar 60-130 comp. and 360 at 70MPH!

Today the boys all met for the First Annual Lonestar Motosports 60-130 Competition. Also, I was involved in a 360 degree spin out at 70 MPH. First, I will discuss the 60-130 comp.

Peter Blach, the organizer deserves as special thanks as does John Hennesey for the use of his track. Peter brought his 1000 rwhp Supra. Tommy Bahn's 1400 hp Supra was there as was another very fast Supra (a T91) that ran a 5.8. My GT2 was there as was Paulie Collins stage 4 TT and Texas Golds TT. Nick Diep's T67 Supra was in the house as were some fast Corvettes and Vipers. Kareem brought his brothers T61 Supra.

The conditions were terrible, but we had a good time. As usualy, there was a very strong headwind and the heat (nearly 90 degrees) and high humidity/very slight drizzle didn't help. To give an idea of what we were up against, Nick Diep, who ran even against Ohio GT2's old GT2 (which has a verified sub 6 second 60-130) could only muster a 7.4. Nick was having some traction problems, but told me that even if he hooked up he could not match the 6.6 he ran last March at the Supra nats. That was also done in a headwind but the temps were in the 70's. Under ideal conditions Nick should break 6 seconds. Thus, I was pleased with my 7.2 second pass, all things considered.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 09-29-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
This weather sucks. Not much you can do about crappy weather with our cars

Old 09-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I was especially happy since I now had a direct comparison with my dear, dear freind Paulie who was limited to a 9.0. I also ran a direct (lane to lane) competition against a 550hp Z06 from a 40 roll and pulled several lengths on him.

The fastest time of the day was achieved by Peter Blach who ran a 5.4 in his 1000hp Supra (I think he maxed out at an estimated 950 hp today).

All in all it was a fantastic day...hopefully the first of many more. However, the day was over and there were still some scores to settle, namely between myself and my good friend Paulie. So Paulie and I ran against each other on the highway, twice. As usual, I let him get the jump each time but with my new fuel system, cat deletes, intake, and race tune on Todd Knightons dyno (I was running at 1.3-1.4 bars on a mixture of VP 109 and C-12), I was able to pull more than 2 lengths on Paulie.

But here is where it got really crazy.

On the way home it started to rain. Paulie and I were running at around 85 but slowed down to 70. He is on PS2's, but I am running R-compounds on the back. Although the rain was light, I should have slowed more. Suddenly (as it is want to do here in Houston) it started pouring buckets. I mean it went from a sprinkle to a torrential downpour in a millisecond. Just as I was about to back off the throttle some more, my rear wheels hydroplaned and my car went into a complete 360 spin! The last speed I saw was 71MPH. suddenly I was facing the car in the lane to my right, then backwards, then forwards again. I spun into the grass embankment and did another 360, finally stopping while facing forward onto the feeder road. Not a scratch on me or the car. It was one of the most absolutely thrilling experiences of my life. When I saw that car in front of me (as I was sliding sideways) it was so exciting..my sick mind, all I was actually worried about was damaging my car. Stupid/crazy/selfish me....what I should have really been thinking about was my wife and 3 month old son.

I think it was a message from my higher power to stop street racing, lol, and just keep it to the track.

All in all, it was a fantastic day!

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 09-29-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Gusagain is infamous around these parts
Wadda'bout the spin?

Since you're posting about it, Glad you made it out of it!

Old 09-29-2007, 05:47 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Holy **** Sean glad you and your beauty are okay.. Very nice time considering the conditions as you say, sounded like fun (to some extent)

Old 09-29-2007, 05:49 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Dr jitsu car SUCKS. He cheated every run. Just kidding,his car def. runs stronger since the fuel upgrade. This is really hard for me to say, But yes he bet me fair and square.But i still think he is gay.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Also, everyone....this event was SO MUCH FUN! And it was only $50.

Think about it....we risk our lives and licenses to do highway roll ons and this way we can do them all day legally and fairly safely (well, tires do still break lose....Nick Diep almost went sideways on one of his runs...fortunately Nick is an exceptional driver).

We really need to support events like this. Again, thanks Peter and John.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:53 PM
At least I have a manly watch, Paulie... not some sissy Rolex.

While we are discussing gender orientation, should I get the white gold ot Plat. for wifey's necklace?

She will NEVER hear about the spin out, by the way.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:53 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
I can't take it any more. FOR SALE STG 3.5 TT.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Sean you should look at 18k wg next to plat. I think you will be suprised how good the 18k wg looks.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
I can't take it any more. FOR SALE STG 3.5 TT.
You have 2 options: Ship to Stephen in Kansas for the GT 800 upgrade, or to Todd in Arkansas for the full Protomotive treatment.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Also a stock z06 was running 10.4.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Yes...the conditions were really tough today...it was so humid it was semi sprinkling....Tommy Bahns 1400 rwhp Supra....w/ the biggest turbo I have ever seen short of a hydroelectric dam could'nt hook up at all even w/ all the chemicals sprayed on the track.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:32 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Very interesting!!
Stock C6 Z06 (2006 or 2007) was 10.4?

It sounds like a 7.2 today is very good.
give us a rundown of all Porsche cars there and the times.
Crazy spin, glad you are OK, Wow.

MK

Old 09-29-2007, 06:38 PM
A stage 4 (Paulie) on race file ran 9.0. A TT w/ a UMW chip ran 10.4.

Conditions were tough indeed. I think Paulie needs to go easier in 2nd gear..ease into third and hit it at 50mph...that way he will build boost and momentum as he hits 60.

Thanks Chris, Martin and Martin for the concern.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lonestar 60-130 comp. and 360 at 70MPH!