996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Reasons to get a 996tt over a 348/355 Ferrari?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 10:13 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
In the long run, the TT will be more of a fun car to own with less headaches and lots of TORQUE!

Old 10-03-2007, 10:39 AM
FlyYellow is infamous around these partsFlyYellow is infamous around these parts
i do love the styling, but i wish the italians could get their reliability up!

Old 10-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Shark01
You have a Gallardo, so you've kind of scratched the itch.......but there's a mystique about Ferrari that no other car has.

I almost bought one when looking at my 996TT, but wasn't quite prepared for the ownership experience. Things will be different in 4 years when I get to a decision point again.
Ferrari vs Lambo? No contest, Lambo is the mother board of all cars. Ferrari is the wanna be cousin.... lovely car, but still a need to get to a Lambo in the end. If you have a Lambo already, no contest..... get the P-car as your modification, whoop aXX bitXX.... the Porsche offers a heck of a lot for the money.. sort of a glorified Mitsubibishi Evo or Subaru WRX

Old 10-03-2007, 11:44 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Harold
Ferrari vs Lambo? No contest, Lambo is the mother board of all cars. Ferrari is the wanna be cousin.... lovely car, but still a need to get to a Lambo in the end. If you have a Lambo already, no contest..... get the P-car as your modification, whoop aXX bitXX.... the Porsche offers a heck of a lot for the money.. sort of a glorified Mitsubibishi Evo or Subaru WRX
I am not sure I could disagree with you more. Dont get me wrong I love Lambo's and I think they make an awesome car but, Ferrari has been a sports car icon since the late 40's, Lambo didnt roll around 2 decades after that. If anything Ferrari inspired lambo. When is the last time you saw a Lambo go for 4 million or 10 million or win Pebble beach?

To say Porsche is a glorified Mitsu or Subaru, is just crazy. You are talking about another marque with an amazing racing heritage, engineerings and history not some ecobox manufactuer that just happened to make a couple high HP cars...

I guess if you dont care about heritage, engineering or precision and all you care about is flash then i guess the Lambo is "the mother board of all cars"

Last edited by cohare; 10-03-2007 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:31 PM
///Milan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cohare
I am not sure I could disagree with you more. Dont get me wrong I love Lambo's and I think they make an awesome car but, Ferrari has been a sports car icon since the late 40's, Lambo didnt roll around 2 decades after that. If anything Ferrari inspired lambo. When is the last time you saw a Lambo go for 4 million or 10 million or win Pebble beach?

To say Porsche is a glorified Mitsu or Subaru, is just crazy. You are talking about another marque with an amazing racing heritage, engineerings and history not some ecobox manufactuer that just happened to make a couple high HP cars...

I guess if you dont care about heritage, engineering or precision and all you care about is flash then i guess the Lambo is "the mother board of all cars"
Couldn't agree more.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cohare

Was saying with a bit of tongue in cheek. Agree that if you are talking about lineage, there is no contest. History does count for a lot. 250SWB, 250GTO speak volumes for the history and heritage of the Ferrari. Lambo started in tractors. And for Porsche, the 911 2.7 RS, the 356 etc all started the ball rolling.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:29 PM
dice996c4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT3Scott
I'm not a fan of the 360 styling -- like the 355 better -- but as the 360 prices come down it will without a doubt push the 355 prices down -- which is good for us future buyers

Based on the information I've seen on various F chat sites, looks like the F355 will be the 993 counterpart of Ferraris... It might look odl and has old technology but more people wanted it....

993's look old and has old technology but it it more expensive than the 996s anytime of the day...

Old 10-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Jeremy stop justifying the fact you jumped ship after you made me buy a TT.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Onetime
Jeremy stop justifying the fact you jumped ship after you made me buy a TT.

Hahaha... I'm just being honest... That's the reaosn why I sold my TT

Old 10-04-2007, 09:16 PM
To those who object, please atch this clip..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0OusN1y1Yc

Old 10-04-2007, 09:25 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dice996c4
Hahaha... I'm just being honest... That's the reaosn why I sold my TT

u still owe me a ride.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by 20C4S
u still owe me a ride.
Anytime mang...

Old 10-05-2007, 07:56 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
The exterior styling of the F355 is far and away the best of any modern Ferrari other than maybe the F40. It is a classic, timeless design that no 360, 430, etc.. can match. Of course that is just my humble opinion. I would love a F355 with the guts of the F430!

Old 10-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by buddyg
The exterior styling of the F355 is far and away the best of any modern Ferrari other than maybe the F40. It is a classic, timeless design that no 360, 430, etc.. can match. Of course that is just my humble opinion. I would love a F355 with the guts of the F430!
355 is indeed the equivalent of the 993 with the 348 being the cousin of the 964 (ie: much less liked). 360 and 996 are to me again comparable as they are less loved, whilst the 997 harks back to the days of the 993 (430 still debatable styling but I love it).

Old 10-05-2007, 02:23 PM
stuka is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Onetime
Eugenio's Ferrari Service in Glendora lists their major service for a 355 at $6095 or 6995 which includes a water pump. The major service should be done every 5 years or 20k miles. They say the 95-98 355s have inferior valve guides and need to be replaced. To replace them is 12995.00, but this also includes a major service. Higher mileage cars or cars with low compression may require bottom end work.
The minor service is 1795.00 and is required every 2.5 years or 10k miles.
My GT2 15K service was like, 600 bucks.

I put 12K miles a year on the GT2, exactly the lease alloted miles.

And that's with a lot of restraint by bumming around in my E30 beater also.

That means every two years I would have to shell out about 8 grand.

4 grand a year for service is acceptable, but it pales in comparison to what modern P cars offer, especially the reliability of modern M64 P cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Reasons to get a 996tt over a 348/355 Ferrari?