996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: What Tuner and Why
Ultimate MotorWerks
24.71%
ProtoMotive
30.59%
EVOMS
27.06%
Other
17.65%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: What Tuner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:08 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Buddy,As you know, there was a point early on where Ruf was building the fastest 996TT's. However, things have evolved and there are many options now and they are just as fast and/or faster than the Ruf's and a lot less expensive. For example, here are the Ruf times for the 6speed 1/4 mile standings:--------11.9x @ 122.7 - RUF R Turbo 520 HP TT (RWD)----------and ---------11.5x @ 126.5 - RUF R Turbo 590 HP TT (AWD)--------My Speed Gallery stage 4 ran the 1/4 mile faster than the Ruf 590 Nardo and that is not an inexpensive package! I love the Ruf cars and almost did the Ruf conversion a few years ago, but in the end, I felt there were better options for me. You're right, there are a lot of great options now. The Ruf cars, however, do have special character!

Last edited by John D; 10-02-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by buddyg
Evolution Motorsports has been great to me, love the products and the service.

Agreed, they have been great help to me and have shown their support to me and the dealership. They have come out and brought out several crazy fast cars for many of our group drives! (even in the rain!!) Besides, Alex and James & SharkWerks are great honest people and are just across the bay. I have had evoms products on my past personal cars and my coworkers do too! We honestly don't see any issues with evoms products or anything. My brother lives in NM and has been talking to Mike @ evo this week about modding his S4, I trust he will take care of him and there is nothing to worry about.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:25 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
For those who live in Texas, Todd K of Protomotive will be visiting Houston and the sorrounding area this week if you are interested in meeting him. Email ainoble@hotmail.com for additional information.
Cheers

Old 10-02-2007, 08:43 PM
vanboost is infamous around these parts
Hey Sharky you're so fine
You're so fine you blow my mind
Hey Sharky! (clap-clap...clap)
Hey Sharky! (clap-clap..clap)

Old 10-02-2007, 08:53 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Who does Ruf work in the U.S.?

Not interested, just wanted to know.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:00 PM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold
UMW...great work !! Still more upgrades to follow.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
www.rufautocenter.com

Originally Posted by heavychevy
Who does Ruf work in the U.S.?

Not interested, just wanted to know.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:40 PM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Originally Posted by Christian
Who do you use and why, keep it simple, no arguing, just state why you chose them

1) Ulitmate Motorwerks

2) ProtoMotive

3) Evoms

4) Other
What about Autothority? Aren't they also a great Porsche's tuner in US? However, It seems to rarely expose in 6speed.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:04 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
They would fall under "other"

Christian

Originally Posted by S4corrado996TT
What about Autothority? Aren't they also a great Porsche's tuner in US? However, It seems to rarely expose in 6speed.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:40 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by S4corrado996TT
Don't know anyone on this board that has done Autothority?

John,

I love RUF too but they are just too darn expensive!

Old 10-03-2007, 07:16 AM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Neil Orton at Orton Performance. Local, track support at Road Atlanta and fair pricing.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:33 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
I went with EVOMS on the advice of my tuner, Stephen Kaspar at Imagine Auto in Kansas City. Both Todd Z. at EVO and Stephen have been great to me, and I am thrilled with the finished product.

However Todd K. and Cynthia at Protomotive are just a couple of hours from where you are in Memphis, in Harrison, Arkansas. And obviously their reputation is outstanding as well.

Hard to go wrong with either, in my opinion.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:55 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Thanks for the kind words you guys;!)

I think the safest, soundest advice is somewhat simple. If you can, try before you buy. If you can go visit/talk and make a decision based on who/what makes you comfortable. Of course it's best to go somewhere that's close by to you. If not then it's hard to have any issues fixed down the road. And with high HP cars you can/do get issues!

Old 10-03-2007, 03:57 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
UMW, Smog legal, different files for multiple fuels, attention to detail & great customer service!

Old 10-03-2007, 04:45 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sharkster
Thanks for the kind words you guys;!)

I think the safest, soundest advice is somewhat simple. If you can, try before you buy. If you can go visit/talk and make a decision based on who/what makes you comfortable. Of course it's best to go somewhere that's close by to you. If not then it's hard to have any issues fixed down the road. And with high HP cars you can/do get issues!
I agree with Alex, even though I might have had issues with EVOMs in the past I have always like the information he has given me. You must feel comfortable with the person transforming your car!
Good luck
Robert

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poll: What Tuner