996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Final Texas Mile Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Nick2JZ has a spectacular aura aboutNick2JZ has a spectacular aura about
" SHATTER " is such a strong word especially faster than 228.7mph. Joe's GT TT is very capable, but until then 228.7 mph will stay.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:55 PM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by drjoe
dam how much more can you shatter 228........250 in the mile
I know a guy who's goal is high 200 mph range in a street car in the standing mile.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Jesus is infamous around these parts
Congrats Tommy...I'm looking forward for next year...and possibly bring the Supra & Porsche out to play..

Old 10-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
Tommys Supra is a street car setup. He's going to have everyone at the next couple of events trying hard to take him down, but it won't be easy. Several cars attempted to take his record down this past sunday only to either lose control on the track or break something.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
Nick you need to learn how to fix your signature! haha

Old 10-08-2007, 09:39 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
LOL.. the power claims on joes car are completely ridiculous.. first 1600whp, now 1900whp? the cars best publicly proven dyno is mid 1200's, i dont know where you are getting your numbers from.

There are so many things involved in running the mile: driving ability, gearing, stopping power, traction and aerodynamics amongst others. You do realize there was a tt race viper that was purposely built for the event that lost? I dont think joes car is shattering anything anytime soon.

Originally Posted by renntech36
wow, I was just saying guys. I am not his nutswinger, nor do I really give a ****. But now that Joe's car has been drastically changed, and from what I understand is making near 1900 Wheel HP with a pretty intricate Boost control system, I think it would have been fine. Don't dog it til ya know the truth. I have witnessed the car hit 200+ in far less than one mile, that is for sure

Old 10-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drewTT
definitelly cool to see a 1990s car smoke the competition.
Ist a good proven and cheap platform when you compare it to the German cars... We with the 996tts are praying not to lift heads and or spin a rod bearing... unlike our local Supra guys with 1000+ HP who rebuild the motors at least once a season( those who run hard)... We are just starting to get close to 1000 hp meanwhile they surpassed it many moons ago...
The short of it is that we do not even have a fully controlled stand alone that you can buy for $2300 liek you can for the Supra...( aem). They run 40 to 50 psi we run 20. We are at the mercy of A tuner whereas they tune at anytime...
We still run MAF they dont.... MAf is BAD for HP.

Im glad a Supra did the top speed...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 10-08-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:34 PM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
Wow, 40-50 psi really? That's wild.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:12 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ashokn225
Wow, 40-50 psi really? That's wild.
Hell I peaked 47 psi in my street supra more times than I can remember. The new owner is hitting 52 psi in colder weather with an open header. I particularly remember enjoying a leisurely drive to my office one morning after crushing a turbo busa the night before . Other than shredding a serpentine belt due to a faulty power steering pump bolt last year, that Supra never let me down once over three summers of racing. Sure there are a few reliable well running tt vipers out there, but nothing beats the Supra platform for flat out reliable street performance. Don't get me wrong, I would rather drive my previous built GT2 every day, but like Marski said, it's going to take a lot more R&D, time, and money to build an equally streetable and fast Porsche. Todd K, you know I love you, but I'm not sure it can be done .

Old 10-09-2007, 01:00 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Hell I peaked 47 psi in my street supra more times than I can remember. The new owner is hitting 52 psi in colder weather with an open header. I particularly remember enjoying a leisurely drive to my office one morning after crushing a turbo busa the night before . Other than shredding a serpentine belt due to a faulty power steering pump bolt last year, that Supra never let me down once over three summers of racing. Sure there are a few reliable well running tt vipers out there, but nothing beats the Supra platform for flat out reliable street performance. Don't get me wrong, I would rather drive my previous built GT2 every day, but like Marski said, it's going to take a lot more R&D, time, and money to build an equally streetable and fast Porsche. Todd K, you know I love you, but I'm not sure it can be done .
easy, swap a 2jz in a turbo porsche

Old 10-09-2007, 02:21 AM
Banned
renntech36 is infamous around these partsrenntech36 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chidoks
LOL.. the power claims on joes car are completely ridiculous.. first 1600whp, now 1900whp? the cars best publicly proven dyno is mid 1200's, i dont know where you are getting your numbers from.

There are so many things involved in running the mile: driving ability, gearing, stopping power, traction and aerodynamics amongst others. You do realize there was a tt race viper that was purposely built for the event that lost? I dont think joes car is shattering anything anytime soon.
considering it put 1679 I think exactly before it was torn apart, and Stage 6 is 5 miles from me, and Joe is my neighbor, I get my numbers directly from the source, not the nutswingers all over the place. If YOU don't realize, Joe's car is being built for Standing mile racing, so it is a purpose built race car with MUCH more power and aerodynamics. It is not driven anymore, and was just being built for the standing mile this year, which obviously he didn't make it to. Hopefully next year. I have no reason to back him up, but don't say that my claims are false. All I am saying is that Joe's car would, IMHO, pull 228.xx easily in a standing mile.

BUT, I was with Joe a few months back in the airport and we were chatting, and he wasn't happy with 16xx RWHP, so they were tearing it apart for like the fifth time, going larger turbos shooting for 2000RWHP. So since that was in April, I am sure he has got the car where he wants it now, which is 1800-2000RWHP

Old 10-09-2007, 07:20 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I think I have heard of that great idea before.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:24 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
we could do the 2007 version of the Shogun

Old 10-09-2007, 08:23 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
That's nuts 47 psi is over 3 bar!

Old 10-09-2007, 09:04 AM
tom03lightning is infamous around these parts
I think the Underground Viper that just went 9.8x at 158 on pirrellis, would be interesting to see in a mile. They seem to have the street tires and suspension sorted out for traction (which is the issue here). Granted they were on a unprepped track (which will have more traction than a runway regardless).....I think suspension setups need to be looked at more than even now to optomize the mile runs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Final Texas Mile Thread