996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Final Texas Mile Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
I don't think a Porsche or many other cars will be able to have the potential the Supra did only because of the initial engine design. The Inline-6 of a Supra is internally balance where other motors are flat or a V. I think the closest car on the market right now that might have the same potential is actually the BMW 335. Keep a close eye ont his car as people are already making 700HP with this platform with mild mods. Out the box a chip and exhaust is putting down 360-380rwhp for less than $2650.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:19 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Thumbs up Woodster's TX Mile thoughts;

Event is an awesome Venue to see, hear, and talk to some
of the Best Tuners, ANYWHERE!!

Heck, I spoke with Tommy Bahn at length, the owner of the DEVO tuning
EVO (who temporarily took the unlimited street class record from Tommy Bahn last year), Eddie Bello, Todd Zuccone, and of course, the Knighton's
from Protomotive. Very interesting cars showing up to Win;
Heffner's Yellow/Black Ford GT/TT, Tommy's Supra, Devo's EVO (who is
Markski's buddy from Chicago), and that absolutely Fu**ing CRAZY white
911 Turbo of Eddie's !!!! He drove that car TO THE EVENT and then went
219 mph. Outstanding job Eddie, and a pleasure to meet you! BTW, Tommy
Bahn's Supra is sick, sick, sick!!! spinning its tires above 150 mph at the
half mile mark.

breakdown of my runs:
Day 1:
184.009 , 184.844 (let's turn off the PSM next time shall we)

Day 2: little splash of MS109 (I drove the car to a Wedding in Austing saturday night and passed Powell like a madman on the outroad as I was impossibly late), PSM off, mirrors folded in...
189.926 mph
I sat idling for at least 10 minutes waiting for final run as they put a bunch
of insane Busa riders ahead of me.
Final run ==
190.734 mph (official time and 190 mph club member)

I DID NOT PUT Todd's special program in which would run some more timing,
etc. My car was pulled off the trailer, minor taping and run. I then drove
to Austin on 93 octane and drove back on Sunday. thru in the MS109 mixed
with the 93 left in the tank and ran it, period.

There is MORE in the car but I am a quit while I am ahead guy as my budget
does not allow otherwise!

Thanks to all who helped me which included everyone from VR Alex
(quick tech inspection !!), Todd Zuccone and his guys helping push my car
while in line and gave me a ride on the track in his Gator, Eddie Bello
(for inpiration and admiration of what a Porsche turbo can do at the limit!),
and of course the Knighton's who helped me load, unload, keep in in water
and make sure my car was safe, they are a class act!

Awesome event and my car ran perfectly in the horrendous Texas Sun and heat. I felt like a dried up Armadillo by the time I left the event.
Jean will analyze my AX-22 0-100,200,300 and I will post.

Nice to meet Powell, Pauling Walnuts, RobMD99, Akram and the gang as well!

Marty K

Old 10-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evsmotors
I don't think a Porsche or many other cars will be able to have the potential the Supra did only because of the initial engine design. The Inline-6 of a Supra is internally balance where other motors are flat or a V. I think the closest car on the market right now that might have the same potential is actually the BMW 335. Keep a close eye ont his car as people are already making 700HP with this platform with mild mods. Out the box a chip and exhaust is putting down 360-380rwhp for less than $2650.
Now seeing what Tommy's car has done, I'm curious to see what a lightweight Supra (3,000lb with driver), with an adjustable suspension, Motec/Traction control, and a bit more power would do in the Texas Mile......Just gotta convince Nero it's a worthwhile event to invest in (Which I certainly believe it is).

-Wes

Old 10-09-2007, 09:25 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evsmotors
I was thinking of getting a 1 series.... do you have a link to specifics on who is already making 700 hp with that motor?

Old 10-09-2007, 09:30 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Marty, awesome job with a 190! For the minor work you have in the car, that is extremely impressive!

Wes, ask Nero how we can modify my 400 to allow me to do 240 in our race car....I've got the perfect platform to go down there next year.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Marty, awesome job with a 190! For the minor work you have in the car, that is extremely impressive!

Wes, ask Nero how we can modify my 400 to allow me to do 240 in our race car....I've got the perfect platform to go down there next year.
Nice to see I'm not the only one looking at a 1 series as a fun beater/track car.

I forgot your car was almost finished as well, it wouldn't take much to put a Tilton/6spd in there for a weekend, not sure how the 400 would hold up in the mile, might take a pretty tall rear gear....I'm sure something could be figured out

Old 10-09-2007, 09:38 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Sick. Congrats!

Old 10-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Jedidiah is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by onelove
Nice to see I'm not the only one looking at a 1 series as a fun beater/track car.

I forgot your car was almost finished as well, it wouldn't take much to put a Tilton/6spd in there for a weekend, not sure how the 400 would hold up in the mile, might take a pretty tall rear gear....I'm sure something could be figured out

Really not my place to ask, but curiosity got the best of me... Jamie and Wes- are y'all referring to an SC400? If you rather not bring it to light I understand.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:45 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Thanks Luis!

Everyone there was so supportive of each other, it was really cool.
It goes to show you how when we all get together in person how fun
and different it is!

MK

Old 10-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Jedidiah
Really not my place to ask, but curiosity got the best of me... Jamie and Wes- are y'all referring to an SC400? If you rather not bring it to light I understand.
We have a copper drag Supra that has been moth-balled other than it's yearly visit to the TX Supra nationals, Jamie has a killer drag/street Supra in the works that is being build with nothing but the best as well.

I've been wanting to go to this even for years, I'd love to try and get the 996 to hit 200 as a personal goal, we'll see. Now seeing Tommy's accomplishments it only makes me regret not having the time/***** to take my previous Supra to the mile.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:09 AM

I think the 1 series is going to be a really hot platform. It'll be bigger than the B5 S4 that kicked *** for awhile.

Yea, maybe I'll need to swap to a 6 speed if we decide to do it.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Jedidiah is infamous around these parts
We have a copper drag Supra that has been moth-balled other than it's yearly visit to the TX Supra nationals, Jamie has a killer drag/street Supra in the works that is being build with nothing but the best as well.

I've been wanting to go to this even for years, I'd love to try and get the 996 to hit 200 as a personal goal, we'll see. Now seeing Tommy's accomplishments it only makes me regret not having the time/***** to take my previous Supra to the mile.

I have seen a video of your old Supra with the Titan Copper drag Supra your talking about.... crazy crazy car.

I think it would take a combination of ***** and deep pockets to run either your old Supra or the Porsche at the Mile..... anyone ever wiped out hard at the mile?

Thanks for the response Wes.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:17 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
I plan on attending the March TX Mile event with my lil' ol' street car. While I will NOT hit 220 (or anywhere near that) I think that my car can go 200+ on 19's at around 1,000 rwhp.

Peter

Old 10-09-2007, 10:47 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Event is an awesome Venue to see, hear, and talk to some
of the Best Tuners, ANYWHERE!!

Heck, I spoke with Tommy Bahn at length, the owner of the DEVO tuning
EVO (who temporarily took the unlimited street class record from Tommy Bahn last year), Eddie Bello, Todd Zuccone, and of course, the Knighton's
from Protomotive. Very interesting cars showing up to Win;
Heffner's Yellow/Black Ford GT/TT, Tommy's Supra, Devo's EVO (who is
Markski's buddy from Chicago), and that absolutely Fu**ing CRAZY white
911 Turbo of Eddie's !!!! He drove that car TO THE EVENT and then went
219 mph. Outstanding job Eddie, and a pleasure to meet you! BTW, Tommy
Bahn's Supra is sick, sick, sick!!! spinning its tires above 150 mph at the
half mile mark.

breakdown of my runs:
Day 1:
184.009 , 184.844 (let's turn off the PSM next time shall we)

Day 2: little splash of MS109 (I drove the car to a Wedding in Austing saturday night and passed Powell like a madman on the outroad as I was impossibly late), PSM off, mirrors folded in...
189.926 mph
I sat idling for at least 10 minutes waiting for final run as they put a bunch
of insane Busa riders ahead of me.
Final run ==

I DID NOT PUT Todd's special program in which would run some more timing,
etc. My car was pulled off the trailer, minor taping and run. I then drove
to Austin on 93 octane and drove back on Sunday. thru in the MS109 mixed
with the 93 left in the tank and ran it, period.

There is MORE in the car but I am a quit while I am ahead guy as my budget
does not allow otherwise!

Thanks to all who helped me which included everyone from VR Alex
(quick tech inspection !!), Todd Zuccone and his guys helping push my car
while in line and gave me a ride on the track in his Gator, Eddie Bello
(for inpiration and admiration of what a Porsche turbo can do at the limit!),
and of course the Knighton's who helped me load, unload, keep in in water
and make sure my car was safe, they are a class act!

Awesome event and my car ran perfectly in the horrendous Texas Sun and heat. I felt like a dried up Armadillo by the time I left the event.
Jean will analyze my AX-22 0-100,200,300 and I will post.

Nice to meet Powell, Pauling Walnuts, RobMD99, Akram and the gang as well!

Marty K
Marty, congrats on a very strong run. You and I dont see eye to eye on most things and that is OK, but anyone who takes the time, effort and money to travel to an event like and run their car this has my respect for doing so. Kevin

Old 10-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Nick2JZ has a spectacular aura aboutNick2JZ has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by houstonT
I plan on attending the March TX Mile event with my lil' ol' street car. While I will NOT hit 220 (or anywhere near that) I think that my car can go 200+ on 19's at around 1,000 rwhp.

Peter

I think you can do 210+mph no sweet, but you won't able to run again cause no cage. Let's try to have TX2K8 on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and on Sunday we can do Texas Miles. If the dates work out, this will be the Ultimate TX Meet Eveeer.

Last edited by Nick2JZ; 10-09-2007 at 11:23 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Final Texas Mile Thread