996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Final Texas Mile Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Jesus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by anthracite

Jesus- How've you been man? Thanks and hope to see you next march

I've been pretty good man, it's been a lil while huh? I think it's time for me to go back and have a lil fun with you guys, but this time around with both Supra & Porsche..I may be in TX soon, Ill drop you a line!

-Jesus

Old 10-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Tommy is going to start building Porsches now.....can you say standalone engine management.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:25 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Marty,

I know I congratulated you earlier today via email, but I wanted to publicly say "GREAT JOB"! That's a fantastic time!

Old 10-10-2007, 01:36 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Marty.

Great job, bro! 190 mph is awesome! Wish I could have been there with you.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:38 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Yes,

Tommy (Bahn) told me he bought a 996TT and was going to play around with it.
He has a long way to go but it is cool he is trying!

MK

Old 10-10-2007, 07:39 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Scott,

I am dying to know what your car would have done there???
We all need to go in March!!

MK

Old 10-10-2007, 03:24 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
whatever happened to Vishnu and their stand-alone tuning system? what stand-alone does Tommy use on his Supra? i'll remain skeptical til i see it (after which, i will gladly praise it)

- chuck

Old 10-10-2007, 03:29 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
tommy uses aem...

Originally Posted by carendt242
whatever happened to Vishnu and their stand-alone tuning system? what stand-alone does Tommy use on his Supra? i'll remain skeptical til i see it (after which, i will gladly praise it)

- chuck

Old 10-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by carendt242
- chuck
P cars are a different animal... good luck to anyone that tries to figure out a 996TT standalone. The 997s are even more complex.
Most tuners go thru European connections to get the software and the security codes to bypass certain issues that arise during the tuning process. It's not that easy. No AEM nor Autronik can do it. Doing minor adjustments for 50 to HP gain is no grainer... use Revo teck. But for bigger applications that require aftermarket MAfs and or not running MAfs like you can in the AEM is another story. If it was that easy there would be more then a few actual tuners in the big country of ours. Things that make you go hhmmm...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-10-2007, 06:20 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
are you saying its impossible?

Originally Posted by MARKSKI
P cars are a different animal... good luck to anyone that tries to figure out a 996TT standalone. The 997s are even more complex.
Most tuners go thru European connections to get the software and the security codes to bypass certain issues that arise during the tuning process. It's not that easy. No AEM nor Autronik can do it. Doing minor adjustments for 50 to HP gain is no grainer... use Revo teck. But for bigger applications that require aftermarket MAfs and or not running MAfs like you can in the AEM is another story. If it was that easy there would be more then a few actual tuners in the big country of ours. Things that make you go hhmmm...
markski

Old 10-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chidoks
are you saying its impossible?
I'm not a tuner.. I just happen to be very close to Todd K. who already has gone this way a while back. he had a 996TT running on a Motec 3 years ago but chose to scrap the idea... It was on a 6 speed members car.
I just know its not easy.. not liek on the 993s and older P cars.

click to view

Old 10-10-2007, 06:29 PM
can you get todd k. to chime in on why he decided to scrap the idea? for the longest while, i thought you were a tuner..

Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I'm not a tuner.. I just happen to be very close to Todd K. who already has gone this way a while back. he had a 996TT running on a Motec 3 years ago but chose to scrap the idea... It was on a 6 speed members car.
I just know its not easy.. not liek on the 993s and older P cars.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
Not sure If I can since he is so busy....
It is doable to run a Motec on a 996TT... not sure if it can be done on a 996tt head and cams... I just odnt know if you can have all the funstions of a regualr street car. Most of these cars are usually stripped race cars with plastic windows and no power ...

click to view

Old 10-10-2007, 06:50 PM
JETJOX is infamous around these parts
It impresses me that Bello can install some basic bolt ons, fabricate a few pipes and flash the ecu of the 996tt, knowing that his experience is really the aircooled motors and out run the competiton who's been doing this for years! I think it took him a few days and not that much $ to do?

Old 10-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by JETJOX
It impresses me that Bello can install some basic bolt ons, fabricate a few pipes and flash the ecu of the 996tt, knowing that his experience is really the aircooled motors and out run the competiton who's been doing this for years! I think it took him a few days and not that much $ to do?
Understood.. but that 996TT had external WGs and Garrett BB turbos... that does not mean some basic bolt ons( according to Marty who was there and asked).... that to me seems like reconstructive surgery on a lighter side.
Thats is a lot of work. u need to make custom headers, exhaust, water lines etc... just to fit garrett Turbos....
Actually the blue Protomotive car had k24s wiht 18g compressors and internal 12 psi spring WG.
Eddie has been around for a long time and now has all the tools to get into the 996tt market as long as he has good access to the ecu( something that has been available to few in this country up to now).

click to view

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 10-10-2007 at 07:22 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Final Texas Mile Thread