996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Final Texas Mile Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Is there anyone out there who has been to BOTH the Texas Mile event and the Maxton Mile event? http://www.ecta-lsr.com/ I never hear any mention of Maxton. It would be a much closer alternative for those of us on the east coast.

If not both, has anyone been to the Maxton event? What were your impressions?

Old 10-11-2007, 02:24 PM
russ@rpm
Hello guys, just wanted to drop in to say hello. First of all, I want to thank all of you, your positive feedback was greatly appreciated. I got the impression that we came off as "secretive" about the mods on the 996 while reading through this thread. That was not our intent. We put that car together sort of last minute and we were not quite sure as to how it would work out, of course. Very little time back here in NY to build and then tune the car plus have Eddies car done in time too. This was our first attempt at something like this, out in front of all of you, and we wanted to do well. Add to that, the drive to Texas from NY, and you've got one stressful situation to deal with.
The expense involved in purchasing, developing, and getting the car down there was worth it to us as a company. Alot of money spent in parts, labor, and all of the overnights ! By the way, thanx to Greg at RSS for getting us that awesome roll bar overnight!
The 996 had modified stock manifolds,external wastegates,throttlebody, custom y pipe, plenum, turbos, some custom air intake piping and a fuel system upgrade,stock intercoolers. It has cats, no cels. It runs @ 1.1bar .That's about all of it.
Eds car is a 94 964, built 3.6L , Stand alone injection (12 inj), HKS turbos, big intercooler, external wastegates, 4 fuel pumps, DR custom camshafts, some porting, and a modded intake manifold. It makes app. 700hp@.8bar, 1,000hp @ 1.4, which is not the highest setting he has used.
We hope to see you guys at another event similiar to this last one.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:45 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
makes sense now... many people made it sound like Ed's car was a stock motor car with just a bigger turbo

Originally Posted by russ@rpm
Hello guys, just wanted to drop in to say hello. First of all, I want to thank all of you, your positive feedback was greatly appreciated. I got the impression that we came off as "secretive" about the mods on the 996 while reading through this thread. That was not our intent. We put that car together sort of last minute and we were not quite sure as to how it would work out, of course. Very little time back here in NY to build and then tune the car plus have Eddies car done in time too. This was our first attempt at something like this, out in front of all of you, and we wanted to do well. Add to that, the drive to Texas from NY, and you've got one stressful situation to deal with.
The expense involved in purchasing, developing, and getting the car down there was worth it to us as a company. Alot of money spent in parts, labor, and all of the overnights ! By the way, thanx to Greg at RSS for getting us that awesome roll bar overnight!
The 996 had modified stock manifolds,external wastegates,throttlebody, custom y pipe, plenum, turbos, some custom air intake piping and a fuel system upgrade,stock intercoolers. It has cats, no cels. It runs @ 1.1bar .That's about all of it.
Eds car is a 94 964, built 3.6L , Stand alone injection (12 inj), HKS turbos, big intercooler, external wastegates, 4 fuel pumps, DR custom camshafts, some porting, and a modded intake manifold. It makes app. 700hp@.8bar, 1,000hp @ 1.4, which is not the highest setting he has used.
We hope to see you guys at another event similiar to this last one.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:45 PM
russ@rpm
Here are some photos.

Attached Images     
Old 10-11-2007, 05:45 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by russ@rpm
Here are some photos.

whoever bent those exhaust tip/ wastegate exhaust did a nice job...

Old 10-11-2007, 06:01 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Holy sh*t how did you guys manage to graft the wastegate flange onto the short collector of the factory manifolds?

Old 10-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Does Ed's car use a standalone engine management? It wouldn't be a V-Pro (to go w/ the HKS turbos) by any chance?

Old 10-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JETJOX
It impresses me that Bello can install some basic bolt ons, fabricate a few pipes and flash the ecu of the 996tt, knowing that his experience is really the aircooled motors and out run the competiton who's been doing this for years! I think it took him a few days and not that much $ to do?
Im not sure if you saw the pics RPM provided... those are T3/T4 garrets from the look of it... I think they are 46lbs. compressors... doesnt look like a ecu flash and some bolt ons does it? thast car probably is somewhere around 600 to 650 rwhp.

markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-11-2007, 08:57 PM
JETJOX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Im not sure if you saw the pics RPM provided... those are T3/T4 garrets from the look of it... I think they are 46lbs. compressors... doesnt look like a ecu flash and some bolt ons does it? thast car probably is somewhere around 600 to 650 rwhp.

markski
It looks to me like they did some work. I can see those are stock headers that were modified, beats having to build a whole set though.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JETJOX
It looks to me like they did some work. I can see those are stock headers that were modified, beats having to build a whole set though.
YEs I agree.... with the turbos they used they didnt need a lot of fab work on the headers.
here is mine:

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-12-2007, 02:40 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
WOOD - you can buy the TX2K7 DVD at www.mvpmotorsports.com

The 2008 event will be in late March...dates to be announced in a week or so along with a schedule of events. Plan on 5 days........

Standing mile
Road racing (driver's education)
Dyno day
60-130
Drag racing

Peter
Man, do I wish this event was in April. I won't be home from Iraq until after April 1st

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-12-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:27 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
You need to figure SOMETHING out!!!! I unfortunately, am at the mercy of scheduling and track availability. MAKE IT HAPPEN BRO!

Peter

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Man, do I wish this event was in April. I won't be home from Iraq until after April 1st

Old 10-12-2007, 08:01 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Russ,

You guys did a really great job on your red car, I commend the effort
and congratulate you on your results. The fabbing you did looks to be
first rate. !! I am curious as to the official top
speed as I believe you beat my car by about 1/2 of a MPH !! Great Job!

Marty K.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
You need to figure SOMETHING out!!!! I unfortunately, am at the mercy of scheduling and track availability. MAKE IT HAPPEN BRO!

Peter
I know, man...I know. But I'm at the mercy of the US military. I'll do what I can.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
^Just talk to them, they will understand, if not jump the fence and make a run for it

Christian

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Final Texas Mile Thread