996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

*** My 996 GT2 Project ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 01:42 AM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gregger09
Is the car for show or track?
If I know Victor, it will be for a lot of both. The man does his Show, but he does his GO a lot better.

Congrats Victor!!

Old 10-04-2007, 02:25 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Vic, you're crazy man, first 993TT last month, then 996GT2, are you going to get a 997TT next week

Anyone who know Victor from MBworld will know, we're luck to have him come back to Porsche world and develop some new parts for us!

btw, I will be a happy man either you take the silver, yellow or black beast out tomorrow.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:25 AM
Nicolas Kiesa is infamous around these parts
Awesome, post some pics when you've got the carbon fiber installed.Im thinking about that myself, good luck.

Nicolas Kiesa
www.kismo.dk

Old 10-04-2007, 08:39 AM
vrus is infamous around these parts
Thanks everyone for the kind words! I've had 4 993TT and 3 or 4 996TT in the past. This is the first GT2 I've ever driven and now I understand why everyone who has one keeps saying how different they feel from the regular 996TT..

I find the car more nimble and much more responsive to throttle. You better be on the ball and paying attention when you are driving because there is no AWD or PSM to save you in case you get a little too frisky with the accelerator.

And, you do have to keep your left leg in shape in order to drive this car.. With no power assist, the clutch does require a bit of effort (nothing major but it is noticeable).

I love the PCCB brake system. It gets you down from 150mph VERY QUICK.

The only 1 mod this car had was a factory short throw shifter.. I am assuming the coilover system that is on there is factory... If not, I have 2 mods.. LOL.

I cant even imagine what the 600hp will be like on a RWD GT2.. Parts should be here for next week so I'll have more to report very soon.

------------------------------------------------------

Its for show and for street driving with occasional track duty. My 993TT is going to be my main track event car.

Originally Posted by gregger09
Is the car for show or track?
Thanks Stephen! Looking forward to those goodies arriving!!

Originally Posted by PorschePhd
Great color!

Thanks Alex! These initial parts are coming from my new friend Stephen over at Imagine Auto. I am handling all the installation and setup here locally.

Originally Posted by Alex
Congrats. Your patience paid off.

Who is doing the build and what kind of power are you expecting from it?
No.. The E55 is sleeping in the next garage bay. That car is still not 100% done yet.. Need to install and setup the 5.7L motor still.

Originally Posted by ewuwu ///amg
dam...you trade your e55?

Hey Ben! Thanks buddy! How did the rally go? Is it time for more power in the DTM ??

Originally Posted by silversurfer
If I know Victor, it will be for a lot of both. The man does his Show, but he does his GO a lot better.

Congrats Victor!!
Hey Ray! Thanks buddy! I'll bring the GT2 tonight so you can check it out. You can come and see the 993TT later on this week..

Originally Posted by Ray
Vic, you're crazy man, first 993TT last month, then 996GT2, are you going to get a 997TT next week

Anyone who know Victor from MBworld will know, we're luck to have him come back to Porsche world and develop some new parts for us!

btw, I will be a happy man either you take the silver, yellow or black beast out tomorrow.
Absolutely! I should have the carbon by next week.. I'll post some stock interior pics and then the final ones once I finish installing everything.

Originally Posted by Nicolas Kiesa
Awesome, post some pics when you've got the carbon fiber installed.Im thinking about that myself, good luck.

Nicolas Kiesa
www.kismo.dk

Old 10-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Here is a copy of the Options List for the GT2.. From what I was told when we checked with Porsche Canada, this is the only one of its kind in Canada right now..

Old 10-04-2007, 09:53 AM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
she's a beauty my friend; enjoy it!

Old 10-04-2007, 09:53 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Great project!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 10:15 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Gt2

Vrus,
PM'd you.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:31 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
CONGRATS, what a beauty in Speed Yellow, looks brand spanking new! Any pic's of your 993 and GT2 together??

Martin

Old 10-04-2007, 10:51 AM
I just picked up the GT2 yesterday so other than the pics I posted with the GT2 and the 993TT in the garage behind it, Nope.. Those are the only pics I have right now.

993TT needs some TLC.. Its gotta go in for engine mount replacement and boost leak. Once it is all cleaned up, I'll take some group photos with the 993TT, the black E55 beast, and the SY GT2. All 3 cars are undergoing their own project rebuild.. The 993TT is documented on Rennlist.. E55 is on MBWorld and the GT2 will live here.

Originally Posted by iLLM3
CONGRATS, what a beauty in Speed Yellow, looks brand spanking new! Any pic's of your 993 and GT2 together??

Martin

Old 10-04-2007, 12:06 PM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
Wow! looks stunning in yellow! Good luck with the project, and promise to keep us updated!

Old 10-04-2007, 05:44 PM
0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! With all the 'wet' weather in Canada, be careful! Like many have said, this is pne car that will bite you if you over drive it.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:21 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
yo dude... why are you posting pix of my car? i demand an apology!

Old 10-04-2007, 08:49 PM
DeAd-EyE is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vrus
I just picked up the GT2 yesterday so other than the pics I posted with the GT2 and the 993TT in the garage behind it, Nope.. Those are the only pics I have right now.

993TT needs some TLC.. Its gotta go in for engine mount replacement and boost leak. Once it is all cleaned up, I'll take some group photos with the 993TT, the black E55 beast, and the SY GT2. All 3 cars are undergoing their own project rebuild.. The 993TT is documented on Rennlist.. E55 is on MBWorld and the GT2 will live here.
wow man! great collection of cars! Can't wat to see that beast running around town!
take me for a spin in the GT2? pleeeeeeeeezeeeeeeeee

Old 10-04-2007, 10:43 PM
HIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud of
congrats man! thats a sick one for sure...that car is built so friggin right from top to bottom!! cant wait to see the fikse wheels on your gt2 and speed yellow FTMFW

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *** My 996 GT2 Project ***