996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

*** My 996 GT2 Project ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 12:43 AM
FlyYellow is infamous around these partsFlyYellow is infamous around these parts
my favorite color - but i'm biased....

Old 10-05-2007, 08:07 AM
LuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Victor,
Congratulation on the new toy. GT2s are amassing!!
I'm sure you are aware, but a set of GT3 racing seat will save you some weight and they look very nice in the GT2s.
Regards,

Last edited by LuisGT2; 11-25-2007 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Stunning car, even better colour. What a find. I love it...

Old 10-11-2007, 09:11 AM
vrus is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys! The project is moving along.. Received a bunch of parts and still waiting on a few.. will post pics in a minute.

----------------------------------------------
Dooohhhhhh!!! Damnit.. I didnt realize you read 6speed... Crap.. Sorry Alan.. I'll go put it right back in your garage...Please dont take my driving priveleges away.. please.

Originally Posted by 6088TTS
yo dude... why are you posting pix of my car? i demand an apology!
When the T.O. boys get together come along and I'll take you for a spin.

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE

wow man! great collection of cars! Can't wat to see that beast running around town!
take me for a spin in the GT2? pleeeeeeeeezeeeeeeeee
The GT3 seats are a bit uncomfortable for me.. Actually in the 996, I am going to leave the seats alone.. Dont want to mess up the nice deviated stitch.

Originally Posted by Luis02GT2

Victor,
Congratulation on the new toy. GT2s are amassing!!

I’m sure you are aware, but a set of GT3 racing seat will save you some weight and they look very nice in the GT2s.
Regards,

Old 10-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Received a bunch of parts but a few are still in the works...

Below is a shot of the sport cats & mufflers..

My nice red boost hoses and my 1BAR wastegate spring kit arrived:

Last but not least, below is the VFlow intake kit...

My Clubsport intercoolers also arrived, but I've dropped those off with my coatings company. They are applying a patented heat dispersement coating which improves the heat dispersement properties by 20%. I should have them back by tomorrow or Monday at the latest.. I'll post pics when I have them back in my hands.

Right now I am still waiting on:

- Aluminum intake plenum kit
- Coated headers
- Modified Garett turbos.. These should really wake the beast up.

Once everything is installed, I'll get the ECU tuned. Its going to have a regular 94octane street map, and a 103octane race map.

Much more to follow... Stay tuned...

Old 10-12-2007, 11:42 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice find!

Old 10-13-2007, 08:56 AM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Originally Posted by vrus
My Clubsport intercoolers also arrived, but I've dropped those off with my coatings company. They are applying a patented heat dispersement coating which improves the heat dispersement properties by 20%.
Interesting....I haven't heard of this before.

Congrats on the car and GL with the project. Seems like you did your homework!

Old 10-13-2007, 01:49 PM
2SCOOPS is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the new ride and new mods Vic. This thing should be a beast. I have been looking for a while too for the perfect TT. Hard to find what I want. Good luck with the car.

Derrick (DJE55)

Old 10-13-2007, 02:44 PM
SBrown is infamous around these parts
Looks great...enjoy!

Old 10-14-2007, 12:20 AM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
What took you so long to start the mods?

By the looks of it you are biased towards the tt's. So when is the 55 getting a couple turbos?

Congrats she is a beauty!

Old 10-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
welcome vrus...

hate to say it, but when properly setup, your GT2 is going to make even your wild E55 look like a joke.

that's what the wack jobs on mbworld will never quite understand until they own a real sports car. they think the GT2 is a lightly modified 996TT. I'm sure you can understand why us GT2 owners feel differently.

I have owned a very fast Protomotive 996TT, and of course the cars in my sig, and the GT2 is by far my favorite, hands down!!!

Old 10-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by JEllis
Very nice find!
Originally Posted by SBrown
Looks great...enjoy!
I will post a pic and some info in a minute..

Originally Posted by TKDalumni
Interesting....I haven't heard of this before.

Congrats on the car and GL with the project. Seems like you did your homework!
Thanks Derrick! Keep looking and be patient.. You'll find it.. Let me know what you are looking for and I'll keep my eyes out locally for you.

Originally Posted by 2SCOOPS
Congrats on the new ride and new mods Vic. This thing should be a beast. I have been looking for a while too for the perfect TT. Hard to find what I want. Good luck with the car.

Derrick (DJE55)
Thanks Rob! ahahah.. Yeah.. I didnt waste any time on this one.. I knew what I wanted..

The 55 is getting a TT also.. Been working on it for a while.. Just waiting until everything else is done before I can tear into it to redo everything.

Originally Posted by L8Apex
What took you so long to start the mods?

By the looks of it you are biased towards the tt's. So when is the 55 getting a couple turbos?

Congrats she is a beauty!
I've owned quite a few P-cars and even though the E55 is a really quick car, a fully done GT2 should walk it.. Just not sure what would happen at the dragstrip... For the most part, everyone has been running the 55 with the normal boltons.. With those boltons + 100shot of nitrous the quickest is 10.50@132mph so far.. That will give the average 996 a run for its money and even beat it.

Once I put the race heads & 5.7L block in the E55 it should make it a bit more interesting.. I think you would need to be in GT800 territory to run low 10sec 1/4mile...

Once both cars are finished, I am definitely going to line them up and do some "testing".. lol..

Originally Posted by Hamann7
welcome vrus...

hate to say it, but when properly setup, your GT2 is going to make even your wild E55 look like a joke.

that's what the wack jobs on mbworld will never quite understand until they own a real sports car. they think the GT2 is a lightly modified 996TT. I'm sure you can understand why us GT2 owners feel differently.

I have owned a very fast Protomotive 996TT, and of course the cars in my sig, and the GT2 is by far my favorite, hands down!!!

Old 10-17-2007, 09:11 AM
kris is infamous around these parts
Very nice, look fwd to seeing it in person sometime

Old 10-17-2007, 09:17 AM
The intercoolers were coated with a special polymer coating which acts as a heat dispersement coating. The main ingredient in the coating being copper. From the testing that was done, we were told a 20% increase in heat dissipation.

Below is a pic of the coated intercoolers:

Old 10-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Sure! A few of us got together 2 weeks ago at Leslie & Hwy7 area. Next time there is a meet, we'll post it here ahead of time.

Originally Posted by kris
Very nice, look fwd to seeing it in person sometime

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *** My 996 GT2 Project ***