996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

new company exhaust I think (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 12:33 PM
justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !
How much louder than stock is it, from inside? I'd like something I can hear Can you rank it on a scale compared to other exhausts I may have heard?

It's great to see someone from 6speed doing this!

Old 10-08-2007, 02:17 PM
mracer is infamous around these parts
hi john

can't send you any pm's yet.

that's why a reply via forum:

well they seem to fit ;-)

how much can you offer the tips for?
how much is shipping to switzerland?
postalcode: 4900

thanks a lot
hasi

Old 10-08-2007, 04:06 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Mz3bo - sorry, I have not heard the Fabspeed gen 3 yet.

MariusL - PM sent.

Justinmm2 - It is definetely louder than stock on the inside - you can hear the exhaust when you rev it. For instance, with the stock exhaust, I would have to turn the radio down at a light in order to hear the motor rev and subsequently gauge the clutch action based on motor the sound. With this exhaust you can leave the radio alone because when you rev it, you hear the motor and there is no guesswork as to how to properly release the clutch. It provides good audible feedback...

For comparison sake, I would say it sounds a lot like/very similar to the Milltek.

mracer - PM sent.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Q8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud of
Exhaust looks good. 70mm piping is good. But we would love the performance factor. If this ups the ante on a stock 996TT another 25-30 whp. This will be a big seller. Dyno plots please John D.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:00 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I'm shopping for a system right now and the only thing that has stopped me from buying this one is hearing a soundclip from inside the car with the windows up. I want to know if it is a droner from 2000-2800RPMs and if it is too loud in general.

Mike

Old 10-09-2007, 06:48 AM
996TTSCAB is infamous around these parts
I am also looking for one, I guess I am going to have to wait until some one buys this and leaves a feedback here. So far it looks good and I would love to see some performance numbers on it. Good luck!

Old 10-09-2007, 08:43 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Mikelly,

Due to numerous requests, I put up another clip of the idle. Interior with windows down and with windows up should be up later today. I thought you might be interested...

Link: Idle sound clip

Last edited by John D; 10-09-2007 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
John, I'm all ears...

Mike

Old 10-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Mike,

I'm working on it...for some reason my server is kicking back the larger video files. I'll get them up somewhere soon.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Mike,

OK, Here you go...

Idle

Windows Closed

Windows Open

Sound Clip - take off, idle, interior windows up and down

Take care,

Last edited by John D; 10-10-2007 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:09 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I think this exhaust is a steal for the money.... John is a stand up guy and I know he would not offer anything less then ideal.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-10-2007, 04:05 AM
I don't think anyone would argue with you on both points. The price point is right and John has an excellent rep. It boils down to the sound each individual is looking for. I've already gone thru two exhaust systems and don't want to go through two more in the process of finding something I can be happy with, with the wife in the passenger seat, on a long getaway weekend... The current system I have is droning so horribly that it makes enjoying the car with her in it almost impossible.

John I'll contact you offline.
Mike

Old 10-10-2007, 08:10 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
For the money, it appears this exhaust cannot be beat.

If I could hear one live (I am "gun shy" after having stock, PSI loud, PSI quiet
and now EP Stage 2 quiet), I would consider selling my EP and going with your
exhuast, John. It looks fantastic. Good Luck!!

MK

Old 10-10-2007, 08:39 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
The exhaust sounds absoluletly amazing. The new clips are great too. Any idea about when you'll have some graphs or numbers? Good work!!!!!!!

Old 10-10-2007, 04:14 PM
russbert is infamous around these parts
John,

Just to "register" into this thread I am in the market as well for a different exhaust for my TT so thanks for the sound clips and keep the info coming.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new company exhaust I think (no affiliation)