996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The Best Looking Wheels on a Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 09:14 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blakt out
He actually tracks this car constantly. They're a competition level wheel. I have a pretty serious car, but I still run 19s and really wish I could run 18s (my Brembos are huge). Not that I agree with you that they look small (meaning that I'm not justifying them not looking perfect, cause I LOVE them) but any worry about them being too small by style would be justified or made much cooler by knowing that he went in search for a wheelset to better suit his needs, and he's on the track quite a few times a month. I know. I run with him. And it's a haul *** cab!

Rock on, Dan. I love it! Can't wait to see it in person!

Jared

The car you tagged in the pic with the LM's is Will's car from Euro Rev (not dan)... Will is a sponsor on the board.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:48 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by blakt out
He actually tracks this car constantly. They're a competition level wheel. I have a pretty serious car, but I still run 19s and really wish I could run 18s (my Brembos are huge). Not that I agree with you that they look small (meaning that I'm not justifying them not looking perfect, cause I LOVE them) but any worry about them being too small by style would be justified or made much cooler by knowing that he went in search for a wheelset to better suit his needs, and he's on the track quite a few times a month. I know. I run with him. And it's a haul *** cab!

Rock on, Dan. I love it! Can't wait to see it in person!

Jared

you SHOULD be able to run custom made 18s...Unless your brakes are some REDICULUS size (like 400 or somthing), you should def be able to use 18s...that said, I like the way the 19s look way more and for the street...19s are way "cooler" for sure!

Old 10-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Ice...Nice looking wheels.. Are they zone 1. What's the offset and size.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:35 AM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
Ice...Nice looking wheels.. Are they zone 1. What's the offset and size.

The wheels are 18's. I have 315/30's on the rear and 235/40's on the front.
(gives the car a real aggressive stance....especially when you're following it )

Not sure about the offsets....you could ask Fabyrce at GMG about this...you can find him several posts up.

Also, not to be ignorant, but what are zone 1 wheels? (The brand of these wheels are HRE's.....)

Old 10-25-2007, 08:28 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Zone 1 is a brand of wheels too. He was asking Ice about his black mesh wheels I think. And about my brakes, actually they're 15" 2 piece floating rotors with 6 piston monoblock calipers. We're pretty sure 18s would not make it around it, but I'll check next time I'm over at the garage. Rock on.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:30 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ssmugen
The car you tagged in the pic with the LM's is Will's car from Euro Rev (not dan)... Will is a sponsor on the board.
Yeah. I accidentally grabbed it in the quote. Thanks.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:32 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I like my new graphite GP7's

Old 10-25-2007, 06:02 PM
$w!ft is infamous around these parts
Nice wheels, got another shot of the Graphites?

Old 10-25-2007, 07:13 PM
RG955TT is infamous around these parts
My personal faves...

Old 10-26-2007, 06:51 AM
Ray C. is infamous around these parts
Next to the stock Turbo's, I like RG955TT's above. What kind/size are those?

Old 10-26-2007, 07:55 AM
RG955TT is infamous around these parts
Hey Ray, those are TechArt Formula's in 19x8.5 front and 19x11 rears. Just picked up a set and although not as light as some other wheels out there they are still pretty light and beautifly finished. On a silver car I don't care for anything else as much as I do these. They just look right on the car to me.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:33 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
ehh...

Old 05-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by sechsgang
you SHOULD be able to run custom made 18s...Unless your brakes are some REDICULUS size (like 400 or somthing), you should def be able to use 18s...that said, I like the way the 19s look way more and for the street...19s are way "cooler" for sure!
Actually, they're 380s. So you think they'll fit in the 18?

Old 05-15-2008, 11:02 PM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
I LOVE MY 542R'S........

Old 05-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
966tt650 is infamous around these parts
beautiful

These wheels look totally superb on your Turbo. The very best kind of dope--really nice choice. Enjoy--they will certainly catch a lot of eyes. jj
Originally Posted by docdan
.....are these new GMG HRE Cups that I just received! Naturally, this is just my humble opinion, but I absolutely love these wheels. After months of searching for the "perfect" wheel, I finally discovered these babies on GMG's website. They look better in person than in the pictures. In all honesty, they have changed the look of my car DRAMATICALLY. I feel like I have a new car now! ( I even had a cop pull over when I was shooting pictures just to ask me a bunch of questions about the car...that was a first for me!)

Just so future buyers will know, I had a great buying experience with Fabryce and James at GMG. They are real gentlemen. Although it did take about 2 months to finish the custom build, it was worth it! James and Fabryce were always professional and answered all of my email questions, especially when I was getting "antsy" waiting on the wheels.

So, here they are, pictures of my new, custom, GMG HRE Cups. I already know a few people on 6speed don't car for the look of my turbo, but please still try to enjoy these killer wheels!

Cheers,

Dan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Best Looking Wheels on a Turbo