996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT700 Guys - What are you boosting?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
GT700 Guys - What are you boosting?

Hey guys. I was wondering what my GT700 brothers are boosting. I'm showing 1.3 bar on both the pump and race file. Stock internals. Hitachi MAF. Big throttle body. Opinions on max safe boost on stock internals???

Mike

Old 10-10-2007, 06:47 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Pretty much 1.2 bar with spikes to 1.3. My question is does someone with a real boost gauge and a GT700 know exactly what boost we are running?

Old 10-10-2007, 07:31 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
S/G 650 kit is boosting to 1.5 on race file.

MK

Old 10-10-2007, 11:08 AM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Mike,

I see 1.4 steady on the pump file and 1.3 steady on the face file.

Ben

Old 10-10-2007, 11:11 AM
O-Ace is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BigBadBen
Mike,

I see 1.4 steady on the pump file and 1.3 steady on the face file.

Ben
Shouldn't it be the other way around?

I'm running 1.1 bar on pump and 1.3bar on race gas on my Protomotive setup.

-Awais

Old 10-10-2007, 11:28 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Gt700

I see a 1.4bar spike then drop to 1.3 on race file. I keep it on race file and use 104oct unleaded all the time.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by O-Ace
Shouldn't it be the other way around?

I'm running 1.1 bar on pump and 1.3bar on race gas on my Protomotive setup.

-Awais
Well, that all depends on the intented use, drag or road&race, I will say drag will use more boost on the race map, for endurance you will need quick spool and less boost, cheers, Sonny.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:47 AM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
it also depends on where your boost gauge is hooked up.

i generally see readings of 19psi and up to 20.5 psi on good days... always on the 100 Race file w/ the new Hitachi MAF (which i will probably be ditching soon - i can't stand the stalling w/ the LWFW.)

- chuck

Old 10-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Chuck. I just put in a great new clutch from EVOMS. It is the GT2 replacement with dual mass fly wheel. It is not power assisted. It feels very good and is consistant. I had a LWFW and very grabby, non-progressive clutch for the past 4 years. The new EVOMS GT2 conversion with dual mass is awsome.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:41 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by carendt242
it also depends on where your boost gauge is hooked up.

i generally see readings of 19psi and up to 20.5 psi on good days... always on the 100 Race file w/ the new Hitachi MAF (which i will probably be ditching soon - i can't stand the stalling w/ the LWFW.)

- chuck
Chuck,

I have the Hitachi MAF and LWFW and don't have that problem? What exactly does it do?

Old 10-10-2007, 03:21 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by buddyg
Chuck,

I have the Hitachi MAF and LWFW and don't have that problem? What exactly does it do?

if i drive through the city, it will begin stalling every time you come to a stop. it seems to mostly do it once it gets hot.

you did just give me an idea - i've been running the 100 program non-stop but i've neglected to see if it happens on the 91 program (which i believe you run mostly?) i'll have to test this out next week.

Zippy - i just finally got the hang of this clutch after 20k miles - I'm not changing

- chuck

Old 10-10-2007, 05:33 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by carendt242
if i drive through the city, it will begin stalling every time you come to a stop. it seems to mostly do it once it gets hot.

you did just give me an idea - i've been running the 100 program non-stop but i've neglected to see if it happens on the 91 program (which i believe you run mostly?) i'll have to test this out next week.

Zippy - i just finally got the hang of this clutch after 20k miles - I'm not changing

- chuck
I can guarantee you have a leak somewhere downstream of the maf ........check all the hoses very carefully,if you can,pressurize the system with air,my car did the exact same thing when I switched to the Hitachi system and then stopped when I found a leak between the throttle body and y-pipe.The Hitachi system is very sensitive.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:09 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
ZippyHey Chuck. I just put in a great new clutch from EVOMS. It is the GT2 replacement with dual mass fly wheel. It is not power assisted. It feels very good and is consistant. I had a LWFW and very grabby, non-progressive clutch for the past 4 years. The new EVOMS GT2 conversion with dual mass is awsome.
Zippy,

I have that clutch / flywheel combination in non-assisted, too and love it. How did you accomplish the non-assist?

Old 10-10-2007, 09:12 PM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
S/G 650 kit is boosting to 1.5 on race file.

MK
No...Thats not true. Its 1.4 bar.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by John D
Zippy,

I have that clutch / flywheel combination in non-assisted, too and love it. How did you accomplish the non-assist?
The new kit Todd Z. is selling replaces a few parts: Master / slave something or other...... It was a complete conversion. Sorry, I'm not too well versed on clutch components.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT700 Guys - What are you boosting?