996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

60-130 Competition - 10/27 - Lonestar Motorsports Park - Houston, TX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 02:20 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by $w!ft
This should be interesting. Let's see if anyone can get under 5 seconds

Perhaps Peter can post the times when he gets home. All I can say for now is that yes 5 seconds was crushed.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
eclou ran a 7.7...I ran 2 6.7's (one wasn't any good though) and Peter Blach ran 2 4.7's (one was good)! We will be posting about it and sending the data in soon.

Oh, and on the way home...from 80-155 Peters car pulled 5-6 lengths on me. It was everything I expected form a 1K rwhp Poopra.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 10-27-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:00 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Sean, quick post, I will post more details later.

1. When I pulled you, I was only running 780 rwhp, and to me it looked more like 5, 6, 7, maybe 8 cars, but I was pulling so hard at low boost it was hard to tell how quickly you were falling behind me! hahahah

2. Your best, as verified by me, 6.69 (you had a better time but the VBOX froze and wouldn't all a download).

3. My best, as verified by me, 4.75 (I had a better time but the VBOX froze and wouldn't allow a download).

4. Bob Helms Supra, 4.15 as verified by me

5. Jean (eclou), as verified by me, 7.73

More details later tonight along with files being sent to Divvex for graphs...

Peter

Last edited by houstonT; 10-27-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:54 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
OK, here is my official update on the days events. First of all, thanks to the 16 cars that came out to run. The weather was beautiful (78 degrees) and the day could not have turned out any better (well for me it could have being that I stripped and broke off two of my lug nuts when I got home). Anyhow, on to the data:

Bob Helms Supra - 88mm turbo, 30 psi, no NOS, TH400, ET Drags - 4.15 (he had another 4.18 and a few 4.4's)

Peter Blach Supra - 78mm turbo, 32 psi, no NOS, 6-speed, Drag Radials - 4.72 (I originally could not down load my fastest run, I got home and went through the files on the memory card and was able to capture my run that didn't DL to my computer during the day.). I think the car has a 4.2-4.4 in it at full boost on a good day, but that remains to be seen.

Jeff Williams - 1999 Camaro (408 ci s/c) - 5.7 - sadly we did not pull the data from his runs as he was improving throughout the day and his clutch let go before we were able to pull the data. VERY FAST car...

Sean Reed - 996 GT2 - 600+rwhp - 6-speed - 6.69 (Sean's other run that was lost during the event was recovered and was a 6.71. I was able to go through all the dbn files on the VBOX at home and was able to DL it, it too was sent to Scott for verification.)

Garrett Oliphant - C5 Z06 - Stroker + S/C - 6.8 - Garrett ran a 5.9 at TX2K7 and the ONLY run he put the VBOX in his car in, he spun and had to peddle it several times (I witnessed this) and the next pass he didn't put the VBOX in his car, I guarantee you it was a 5.xx. In any event, no official time was downloaded to the computer.

Anthony Waller - 2001 996 TT (670 HP) - automatic - 6.8 - again, the darn VBOX messed up during the transfer from the unit to the computer and therefore I was not able to capture all the detail of the run, I did however see his time displayed and it was in fact a 6.8

Eugene Lou (eclou) - 2007 997TT - 6-speed - 7.73 - very impressive street car, great driving, glad you came out Jean!!!!

Paul Sydness - 2004 Suburu STi - 6-speed - 8.02 - GREAT time considering he had to go through 3rd, 4th and 5th gear! Great guy, impressive car (ran 180 mph at the TX Mile) and I look forward to seeing him and his friends at our events more often!

Nick Shootridge - 2003 Mustang COBRA - 6-speed - 8.3 - thanks for coming out Nick! We did not download his data unfortunately...

Randy McWilliams - 2002 ZO6 - 6-speed - 9.0 - too bad you couldn't get the NOS working Randy, your car would been a sub-8seconder... See you next time!

Cliff McWilliams - 2008 GT500 Shelby Cobra - 6-speed - 10.2 - Cliff, you gave us some good scares today! Glad all worked out and your car ran so well! Hope to see you next time...

Mark Campbell - 2006 C6 - 6-speed - 11.53 - great job today Mark, get that gearing issue fixed and you will be sub 11's all day long!

Doug Hirsch - 2007 997TT - stock 6-speed - 12.2 - thanks for coming out Doug! Your car was beautiful, hope to see you next time as well...

Other notables include Jack Salvaggio who had a beautiful 06 Z06...this would have a been a 5.xx car but his tires were wayyyyyyyyyyyy to worn out to hook anything. Get some new tires Jack and come back out next time. We also had Tiago Salles in an amazing TT T/A that made over 1,000 rwhp. Imagine trying to hook 1,000+ rwhp on 18 inch drag radials! It does NOT work as was evidenced by his LANE CHANGING maneuver! The best I have on record for Tiago today was 7.2. And last but not least the "hard core racer/warrior/battleman" award goes to Bryan Powell who drove his beautiful 2007 M Roadster down the track about 100 times trying to get to 130 and was soooo close at 128.4, but there just wasn't enough room to safely hit 130.

I have sent all the files I have to Scott (Divvex) to verify the times. Thanks again for coming out all and if you have pics, please send them to me or post them!!!!!!!

Peter

Last edited by houstonT; 10-27-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Looks like some good figures...
Congrats,
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-27-2007, 08:55 PM
MARKSKI - thanks man, hope you make it to TX2K8 in March 2008. This will be an official event.

EDIT: I went through 50 or so DBN files to find my file that wouldn't not transfer to the computer and Sean's file that would not transfer to the computer. In any event, both are being sent to Scott but my quickest time was 4.72 and Sean's is still 6.69. His other time was 6.71.

Peter

Old 10-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thanks Peter...GREAT JOB TODAY!!! I really appreciate you running the show...outstanding job.

Mark, on another note, I am having some problems w/ my car...she is going dead, motor shutting down COMPLETELY when I run her hard and then push the clutch in and let the motor rev down on her own. Have you or Todd encountered this before? Also, all my dash lights light up and the car just dies until I pop the clutch and start her back up.

It was happening at the end of my runs today. It would not happen when I shifted from third to fourth because I was shifting fast, but if I pressed the clutch in at the end of the run the engine just shut down. Very strange.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Sean, as always, it was a pleasure having you! See you at the end of November at the next event where i'm sure with new tires your 6.69 will go down...
Peter

Old 10-28-2007, 03:10 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Mark, on another note, I am having some problems w/ my car...she is going dead, motor shutting down COMPLETELY when I run her hard and then push the clutch in and let the motor rev down on her own. Have you or Todd encountered this before? Also, all my dash lights light up and the car just dies until I pop the clutch and start her back up.
It sounds like u may have a bad boost leak... If I recall corretcly u have a mixture of S cargo stuff on there... maybe the CF intake plenum cracked.
Plugs will stutter but not kill the car... Maf? loose wires etc...
If it idles good at startup and warmup then its not the boost leak...
easy way to check is to get a AFR meter( now it would come in handy) to see what ur afrs are... If ur running rich like 11s at idle then u have a boost leak for sure.
u need to be more specific to pinpoing the porblem...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-28-2007, 04:19 AM
rafiki is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by houstonT
OK, here is my official update on the days events. First of all, thanks to the 16 cars that came out to run. The weather was beautiful (78 degrees) and the day could not have turned out any better (well for me it could have being that I stripped and broke off two of my lug nuts when I got home). Anyhow, on to the data:

Bob Helms Supra - 88mm turbo, 30 psi, no NOS, TH400, ET Drags - 4.15 (he had another 4.18 and a few 4.4's)

Peter Blach Supra - 78mm turbo, 32 psi, no NOS, 6-speed, Drag Radials - 4.72 (I originally could not down load my fastest run, I got home and went through the files on the memory card and was able to capture my run that didn't DL to my computer during the day.). I think the car has a 4.2-4.4 in it at full boost on a good day, but that remains to be seen.

Jeff Williams - 1999 Camaro (408 ci s/c) - 5.7 - sadly we did not pull the data from his runs as he was improving throughout the day and his clutch let go before we were able to pull the data. VERY FAST car...

Sean Reed - 996 GT2 - 600+rwhp - 6-speed - 6.69 (Sean's other run that was lost during the event was recovered and was a 6.71. I was able to go through all the dbn files on the VBOX at home and was able to DL it, it too was sent to Scott for verification.)

Garrett Oliphant - C5 Z06 - Stroker + S/C - 6.8 - Garrett ran a 5.9 at TX2K7 and the ONLY run he put the VBOX in his car in, he spun and had to peddle it several times (I witnessed this) and the next pass he didn't put the VBOX in his car, I guarantee you it was a 5.xx. In any event, no official time was downloaded to the computer.

Anthony Waller - 2001 996 TT (670 HP) - automatic - 6.8 - again, the darn VBOX messed up during the transfer from the unit to the computer and therefore I was not able to capture all the detail of the run, I did however see his time displayed and it was in fact a 6.8

Eugene Lou (eclou) - 2007 997TT - 6-speed - 7.73 - very impressive street car, great driving, glad you came out Jean!!!!

Paul Sydness - 2004 Suburu STi - 6-speed - 8.02 - GREAT time considering he had to go through 3rd, 4th and 5th gear! Great guy, impressive car (ran 180 mph at the TX Mile) and I look forward to seeing him and his friends at our events more often!

Nick Shootridge - 2003 Mustang COBRA - 6-speed - 8.3 - thanks for coming out Nick! We did not download his data unfortunately...

Randy McWilliams - 2002 ZO6 - 6-speed - 9.0 - too bad you couldn't get the NOS working Randy, your car would been a sub-8seconder... See you next time!

Cliff McWilliams - 2008 GT500 Shelby Cobra - 6-speed - 10.2 - Cliff, you gave us some good scares today! Glad all worked out and your car ran so well! Hope to see you next time...

Mark Campbell - 2006 C6 - 6-speed - 11.53 - great job today Mark, get that gearing issue fixed and you will be sub 11's all day long!

Doug Hirsch - 2007 997TT - stock 6-speed - 12.2 - thanks for coming out Doug! Your car was beautiful, hope to see you next time as well...

Other notables include Jack Salvaggio who had a beautiful 06 Z06...this would have a been a 5.xx car but his tires were wayyyyyyyyyyyy to worn out to hook anything. Get some new tires Jack and come back out next time. We also had Tiago Salles in an amazing TT T/A that made over 1,000 rwhp. Imagine trying to hook 1,000+ rwhp on 18 inch drag radials! It does NOT work as was evidenced by his LANE CHANGING maneuver! The best I have on record for Tiago today was 7.2. And last but not least the "hard core racer/warrior/battleman" award goes to Bryan Powell who drove his beautiful 2007 M Roadster down the track about 100 times trying to get to 130 and was soooo close at 128.4, but there just wasn't enough room to safely hit 130.

I have sent all the files I have to Scott (Divvex) to verify the times. Thanks again for coming out all and if you have pics, please send them to me or post them!!!!!!!

Peter
Interesting Post Peter and congrats on your time.

I'm interested in the approximate amount of money(mods) it takes to get the Supras and Subaru STI running those times.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks KPG and Driv, I will be posting graphs as I get them emailed to me! Here is my 4.72 run which was clean with no drop-outs:

Old 10-28-2007, 11:35 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Thanks Peter...GREAT JOB TODAY!!! I really appreciate you running the show...outstanding job.

It was happening at the end of my runs today. It would not happen when I shifted from third to fourth because I was shifting fast, but if I pressed the clutch in at the end of the run the engine just shut down. Very strange.
I am having the same issue some people say it is because of the lightweight flywheel.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks SOOOO much to KPG for spending the time to analyze the data. Here is the email I received from him today:

Peter, all the runs looked great. No dropouts or other errors. The dragstrip
was relatively flat though it still has a slight slope to it but still
better than my local strip. Everyone has their own folder with their data in 1 mph
increments and a graph of the best run. I graphed Bob, yourself, Jitsu and
Jean on 1 page to give you a relative idea of how the cars compare. You and
Bob are scary fast, but scary in a real good way. Here is the distances and
how far behind everyone would be compared to Bob if you all did a 60-130 roll
on together.

Bob 0
Peter 67ft behind
Sean 384 ft behind
Jean 518ft behind
Paul 558ft behind
Mark 1102 ft behind

Here are the best times

Bob 4.15
Peter 4.72
Sean 6.70
Jean 7.73
Paul 8.02
Mark 11.53

BOB (Supra - 4.15)

PETER (Supra - 4.72)

SEAN (996 GT2 - 6.69)

JEAN (997TT - 7.73)

Paul (STi - 8.02)

MARK (06 C6 - 11.53)

BOB vs. PETER vs. SEAN vs. JEAN

If any of you would like the 1mph increment detail please email me at pblach@att.net
Thanks again KPG, you rock!
Peter

Last edited by houstonT; 10-28-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Interesting to see that the RATE of acceleration b/w my run and Bob's run is about the same once I'm in 3rd gear. It's ALL about that AUTOMATIC!!!!!
Peter

Old 10-28-2007, 01:48 PM
$w!ft is infamous around these parts
Nice runs!

houstonT your car is putting down 1000 rwhp and how much is Bob's car doing?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 60-130 Competition - 10/27 - Lonestar Motorsports Park - Houston, TX