996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

NEW LAW IN TORONTO 50kms/31MPH over the speed limit..YOUR CAR IS GONE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 09:05 AM
sdorn is infamous around these parts
Blame Canada
With all their beady little eyes
And flapping heads so full of lies
Blame Canada
Blame Canada
We need to form a full assault
It's Canada's fault!

Blame Canada
It seems that everything's gone wrong
Since Canada came along
Blame Canada
Blame Canada
They're not even a real country anyway

Blame Canada
With all their hockey hullabaloo
And that ***** Anne Murray too
Blame Canada
Shame on Canada

Old 10-12-2007, 09:08 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
very close to that myself... it seems that there is no other way around it...COPS cannot be judge and jury... They are way to emotional and have their side of the story...NOT the whole thing.... this is crazy...

Old 10-12-2007, 09:46 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
that always gives you a reason to run away from the police... not wanting to have your car taken away =D

Old 10-12-2007, 10:06 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
I'm so happy I moved from Ottawa (in Ontario). The place was getting communist I swear... 3500 cops in a city with a greater area pop of under a million. You would see cops rolling in packs in that town.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Canada has been completely feminized...too bad, Toronto is a beautiful city.

Reminds me of the South Park song :"Blame Canada..."
Its a self castrating society. I love Canada and it's people but can't stand the politics... they have that car crushing law in Ontario also for street racing... the catch is that you can get convicted of "street racing" when your by yourself.

Alberta is a pretty "normal" more "right-ish" leaning place. BC and Ontario are in a fight over who can immasculate themselves more.

****ing pinko commi's...

Seth (I'm Canadian BTW... just living and enjoying the free world).

Old 10-12-2007, 10:32 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
once again... very true.... NOT at all saying endangering ppls lives on public roadways that are jammed is ok...by no means...simply that you cannot convict someone by themselves on the spot with an open road and no one around except you and the cop... car seizures...come on..... and they wonder why they are hated...or ppl run away....or in terrible instances why ppl even resort to even attacking the police... its another form of police brutality.. on our rights and our valuables... cars etc etc... if we werent already paying enough taxes... What a rip off...just another way they can squeeze us more... if they so much cared for our safety they woudl get all those retards in minivans cruising like its a sunday drive in the fast lane of out freeways... or go actually catch some freakign criminals.... instead of waiting on the side of some deserted country road get to work on some murder case....lazy ******...

Old 10-12-2007, 10:33 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
so if they impound ur ride u cant have it back ? they keep it ? or d u have to pay some rediculous amount of $$ to get it out of impound..

and thats sooo bull**** that tourist face this also how the fawk is a tourist/visitor supose to know what the law there is?

Old 10-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Craddosk is infamous around these parts
It seems to me that people aren't reading the article in full, or aren't even reading it, so here it is below:

Quote:
OPP seize dozens of vehicles under new speeding law

Last Updated: Monday, October 1, 2007 | 4:41 PM ET

CBC News

Almost 50 people have temporarily lost their vehicles and their driver's licences since Sunday, when police began to enforce a new Ontario law intended to crack down on street racing and dangerous driving.
'One young man actually started to cry as his mother's car was towed away.'— OPP Sgt. Cam Wooley
As of 3 p.m. Monday, 47 vehicles had been impounded provincewide under the the Safer Roads for a Safer Ontario Act, said Ontario Provincial Police spokesman Sgt. Cam Wooley. The act came into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Sept. 30.
The accused drivers will pay the cost of towing and storing their vehicles for seven days — about $1,000 — as well as fines of $2,000 to $10,000. They could also face jail time.
Wooley said the vehicles impounded include:
  • A motorcycle clocked at more than 200 kilometres an hour.
  • Three rental vehicles whose renters will now have to pay for an extra week.
Some drivers took the penalty particularly hard, he said, adding: "One young man actually started to cry as his mother's car was towed away."
OPP Chief Supt. Bill Grodzinski said police are trying to make aggressive driving socially unacceptable.

"We want to demonize aggressive drivers, much as we've demonized impaired drivers and the reason is very simple," he said. "They're killing and maiming people on our highways and that's got to stop."
The new law allows police to issue an immediate seven-day driver's licence suspension and impound a vehicle for seven days for "driving stunts" such as travelling 50 kilometres or more over the posted speed limit.
Other parts of the law:
  • Ban motor vehicles from highways if they have a connected nitrous oxide system, which can boost the vehicle's ability to accelerate.
  • Allow courts to suspend a driver's licence for up to 10 years for a second conviction within 10 years of the first. (The maximum suspension for a first offence is two years.)
  • Impose escalating non-criminal penalties for drivers with blood alcohol concentrations between 0.05 and 0.08 grams per 100 ml of blood. (Under the Criminal Code, 0.08 grams per 100 millilitres is the legal limit; above that, people can be criminally charged even if they do not appear impaired.) A driver found with a blood alcohol level in this "warn" range for the first time will be suspended for three days; the second time, the driver will be suspended for seven days and must take a "remedial measures course," the third time, the driver will be suspended for 30 days, must take the remedial measures course and must have pass a breathalyzer test to unlock the ignition of his or her car for six months.
  • Increase use of devices that require convicted drunk drivers to pass a breathalyzer test to unlock the ignition of their car.
  • Allow flashing blue lights in combination with flashing red lights on police service vehicles.

End Quote.

I really don't understand the comment about BC trying to be more strict then Ontario? Their speeding laws are pretty lax, 63 over the speed limit on the highway will only net you a $500 fine and 3 points on your license. If your caught and convicted (in court) of street racing, there is a possibility of having your car crushed. Other than that, British Colombia's driving laws are pretty lax. The only time that simple speeding will become more than a fine and points is if you are hit with reckless driving or driving without due care or attention. Reckless driving is court based, and driving without due care or attention is just a fine.

In my opinion, if you would like to observe harsh driving laws, become a resident of Virginia

Old 10-12-2007, 11:18 AM
I wasn't saying BC's speeding laws were strict... I was saying it's like Ontario and BC are in a contest as to who can limbo further to the left.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:31 AM
nothing you can do once its in except pay the fines, and wait the week out !! then get your lic back ( coz they suspend you immediately ) and pay the fines there too... and pay the storage..and pay the towing and any additional tickets the cop decided to give you.....

Old 10-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Thats why I left Toronto 10 years ago... The government runs the people instead of the other way round. Canada is borderline communist ...IMO

Old 10-12-2007, 05:00 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
what a great reason not to a tourest in your city... sorry but i'll have to spend my dollors elsewhere ..... maybe they are trying to fund your great health care sys .... come on down i speek canada he he

Old 10-12-2007, 05:41 PM
JWC
JWC is infamous around these parts
Just goes to prove that if you want to pass a law, any law, just include the word "safety" in it somewhere and done deal. Monmies need to save you from your selves.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve harris
what a great reason not to a tourest in your city... sorry but i'll have to spend my dollors elsewhere ..... maybe they are trying to fund your great health care sys .... come on down i speek canada he he
Steve, I'm not fluent in American, but I think I understand what you're getting at. The fact that the Canadian dollar has appreciated over 60% relative to that of your own over the past 5 years may be a better reason to stay home.

Attached Images  
Old 10-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve harris
Dude, our government is running a bugetary surplus. Remeber what that was like back in the late 1990's???That's one of the reasons Our currency has appreciated >60% relative to the US dollar - and is now at 102.XX.

[EDIT] I forgot to mention your next President Hillary Clinton (Aaaaahahahahahhaaaa!) will be sure to **** up your entire healthcare system ASAP.

Last edited by Zippy; 10-12-2007 at 06:25 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW LAW IN TORONTO 50kms/31MPH over the speed limit..YOUR CAR IS GONE!