996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

NEW LAW IN TORONTO 50kms/31MPH over the speed limit..YOUR CAR IS GONE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:39 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
NEW LAW IN TORONTO 50kms/31MPH over the speed limit..YOUR CAR IS GONE!

OK Guys..... WHAT can I do... what can we do???...(if you live in ONTARIO you'll already know) to get rid of this outrageous new LAW??.... If you are caught driving 50kms over the posted speed limit ANYWHERE in ONTARIO.... you immediately get your licence suspended...YOU also get your car immediately seized on the spot... towed away to some pound... LOWEST possible ticket is $2000.00 up to $10,000.00 freaking grand...!!! and you also get to pay for storage(in case you have rented car the rest of week fees)...renewing your licence$$ and obviously any additional tickets the Officer decides he can give you.... OH..did I mention YOU CANNOT APPEAL THIS>>>... YOU are tried and convicted BY THE COP!!! HE IS JUDGE AND JURY... PROSECUTER!!! WTF!!!!!!!!
Has anyone ever been the victim of one of these guys that had perhaps a rotten day and gives you a handful of tickets... well ...same goes... FACT!!!!!!! ONTARIANS can call with their cell phones and REPORT agressive driving, erradic behavior on any road or freeway..... and YOU GET YOURSELF a visit at your HOME BY OPP!! to investigate the matter and ONCE AGAIN...you guessed it...get YOUR RIDE SEIZED ETC ETC>.....if he finds you guilty...... HIS CALL......
THere are choppers ....I heard a plane.... and an OBSCENE amount of officers that apparently have nothing better to do than (for eg...) come after people travelling their 100 kms commute back home that takes hours in traffic and then as soon as it clears up and you decide to speed things up...... BANG... you get your car seized.... or.....OOOOPS you cut someone off.... well ... guess what... hope you werent driving a tricked out car...or TROPHY car like PORSCHE FERRARI BENZO BEEMER ETC ETC>. . coz guess what... YOU GET YOUR CAR TAKEN>>.> SEIZED for aggresive driving....
I have personally been told by OPP officer himself....its a pissing contest... WHO can get more than the other......
READ THIS... or simply search ontario new 50 kms law....

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/sto...1.html?ref=rss

CANT BELIEVE IT... I NEED HELP FROM ANYONE that can steer me in the right direction as to how to change ...over turn this absurd LAW....

WHat happened to INNOCent until proven guilty????...constitution isnt it?? freedoms act...?? i mean what happened to getting the freaking drunk driver...drug dealers... murderers.... trigger happy gang bangers... OMG... 31MPH OVER PEOPLE>>>!!!!

I am IN NO WAY ....saying or imply'n that street racing in a freaking crowded parking lot...or street for that matter or where ever there are ppl that can be hurt by some idiot that couldnt see the potential disaster is right....
NO WAY... IVE seen too many ppl swerving in and out of traffic that SHOULD definetly be punished ... we all have.... but ...come on!!!!!!.... how hard is it to go 31 MPH over the speed limit... in our cars??? Can something be done???

Old 10-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Call a traffic lawyer and get his take on it.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Just another reason to move to Alberta...

Old 10-11-2007, 11:24 PM
JWC
JWC is infamous around these parts
Short of moving to a "free" country.... probably not. You see, Liberals want to save you from yourself, hold you, protect you, take your money, property, and anything else they can get their hands on and give it to someone not willing to work for it themselves. Good luck.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:43 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
I AM FUMING...... I LITERALLY LIVID ABOUT THis.... serious ! SO NOT FAIR.... constitutional right to be represented in a court of law is OUT the window and some freaking cop loser that doesnt have what we do.... can take it away... I AM NOT SAYING cops are losers.... or that cops cant have porsches....I am merely venting out at those who take their authority and abuse it over someone..... its like getting into a fight with your hands tied...

Old 10-12-2007, 05:53 AM
taizen is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the info. I was just up in Toronto a month ago and I was flying through some parts of Ontario. There was a cop on an overpass with laser that almost got me but i saw him early enough to slow down. Didnt realize Canada was so strict.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:00 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
What about U.S. visitors?

Old 10-12-2007, 06:30 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Canada has been completely feminized...too bad, Toronto is a beautiful city.

Reminds me of the South Park song :"Blame Canada..."

Old 10-12-2007, 07:25 AM
it is awesome city..... But this law is horrible... That is why i want to start doign something about it...

Old 10-12-2007, 07:47 AM
http://www.thestar.com/News/article/227997

AMERICANS GET THEIR CARS TAKEN TOO.... they did even before the NEW law was even in place... TRUST ME..... THIS is major bs !! if someone can help or advise...please do so...this is ridiculous... isnt it???

Old 10-12-2007, 07:59 AM
Craddosk is infamous around these parts
You do realize that Canada doesn't have a Constitution right? That is only the United States. Also, no where in the CBC article does it say you do not have a right to appeal any decision that was made.

Also, Alberta is not much better. 51 km/h or more over, and it is an automatic court date.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:18 AM
http://www.thestar.com/article/261778

half way through the article is clearly states NO APPEAL if found guilty on roadside and car gets inpounded..... THIS is bs.... and constitution or not...we still have rights... and this is guilty period!! not innocent till proven guilty...

Old 10-12-2007, 08:34 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Wait are ya'll talking about a South Park episode? What's Canada?

Old 10-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
My buddy in T.O. was telling me about this yesterday, apparently 2nd offense they can suspend your license for 10 YEARS!

He's *this* close to giving the whole place the finger and moving elsewhere. He's very hooked up in every sense of the word, but this whole trial by cop makes it impossible to even litigate.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:01 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
Wait are ya'll talking about a South Park episode? What's Canada?
South Park the Movie...it's "Blame Canada"

Anyway...I am unfamiliar with Canadian law...US Constitution has no power in Canada. Sounds like your options are slow down or move!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW LAW IN TORONTO 50kms/31MPH over the speed limit..YOUR CAR IS GONE!