996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

colorinc & budman take DIY pe 650 for maiden voyage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 04:06 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up colorinc & budman take DIY pe 650 for maiden voyage

so we put our 50/60 break in miles on the new set up no oil leaks all the guages seem to be looking good switch on the boost controller and start adding boost WOW get the high boost set 1.25 bar this thing pulls so hard!! its crazy i would like to say thank you to todd k for your help and knowledge i think we have a c6 z06 killer

here is a list of all the things we did

protomotive k24/18g turbos
protomotive ecu tune
gt2 intercoolers
denso double platinum plugs
greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller
5 bar fuel pressure regulator
v-flow intake
evoms dv's
torco mach series accelerator

thats all for now

tim

Old 10-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Dutchboy is infamous around these parts
Man, I was checking out your install thread and just realized that you are in Grandville. Small world. Congrats on the upgrade.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:21 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
This thing pulls hard! I can't believe it even runs much less how good it runs. Remember we did this in Tim's garage without a lift and we are not mechanics. Incredible.

Now we just need to do some testing against the RED BEAST I think it is going to be closer than I will like!

Old 10-16-2007, 11:34 PM
JWC
JWC is infamous around these parts
Hey what happened to the other thread about this "650 impressions" or something like that?

Old 10-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Get a AFR guage on that baby... that way you always know what your doing.. especially when you have a boost controller.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-17-2007, 12:00 AM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Would love to see the results of that comparo.

On the 1-10 scale, how difficult was the install (10 being hardest)?

Originally Posted by buddyg
This thing pulls hard! I can't believe it even runs much less how good it runs. Remember we did this in Tim's garage without a lift and we are not mechanics. Incredible.

Now we just need to do some testing against the RED BEAST I think it is going to be closer than I will like!

Old 10-17-2007, 05:40 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Actually wasn't that bad probably a 5? We had some help installing the FPR and boost controller the rest was pretty easy.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:41 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Buddy,

Very cool of you to help! Good job guys and let us know how it runs.

For starters, go out and beat that Western Michiganer with the 600 bike.

MK

Old 10-17-2007, 08:54 AM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by colorinc
so we put our 50/60 break in miles on the new set up no oil leaks all the guages seem to be looking good switch on the boost controller and start adding boost WOW get the high boost set 1.25 bar this thing pulls so hard!! its crazy i would like to say thank you to todd k for your help and knowledge i think we have a c6 z06 killer

here is a list of all the things we did

protomotive k24/18g turbos
protomotive ecu tune
gt2 intercoolers
denso double platinum plugs
greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller
5 bar fuel pressure regulator
v-flow intake
evoms dv's
torco mach series accelerator

thats all for now

tim
Hi Tim, on mention of a clutch upgrade, I assume you are running on the stock one, any problems yet? Also at your higher boost setting, 1.25 what octane are you using? BTW congrats on the upgrade

Old 10-17-2007, 09:06 AM
O-Ace is infamous around these parts
If you're running 100-octane race gas, I would up the boost to 1.30 bar.

-Awais

Old 10-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Hey Buddy,
Why don't you fly out here and help me install my setup. I got the same one from Todd.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:24 AM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Get a AFR guage on that baby... that way you always know what your doing.. especially when you have a boost controller.
checking them out at sema waiting to see the new brockway engineering until then ill play it safe

tim

Old 10-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Alex
Would love to see the results of that comparo.

On the 1-10 scale, how difficult was the install (10 being hardest)?
alex i would say it was a 7 the most difficult part was the removal of the frozen oil lines after that it was ok just a lot of work

tim

Old 10-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by mikerosi
Hi Tim, on mention of a clutch upgrade, I assume you are running on the stock one, any problems yet? Also at your higher boost setting, 1.25 what octane are you using? BTW congrats on the upgrade
hey mike
i am running the stock clutch and no problem from the research i have done the stock clutch should be ok upto 600 bhp as long as you not launching it hard all the time. at high boost i am using 93 oct with the torco mach accelerator race gas concentrate i also did a ton of research on that product and its working perfectly

tim

Old 10-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by colorinc
hey mike
i am using 93 oct with the torco mach accelerator race gas concentrate i also did a ton of research on that product and its working perfectly
tim
Run that by Todd- I do not think he will like that. I personally would not with additives. don't you have 100 or 103 octane?

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: colorinc & budman take DIY pe 650 for maiden voyage