996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Looking for a Loud Exhaust - No straightpipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 10:14 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
cut the crap and go to straight pipes. cheap, light weight most hp period. at idle car sound NORMAL short shifting through the neighborhood, no problems.
at WOT oh man it is bad ***.
as for the loss of low end torque....gee I cant tell and my lap times are as fast or faster than most.

oh yeah, the drone thing I never really understood. ah, yea if you drive constantly at 3000 rpms on the highway well yes you will here a constant "drone" of the engine. because that is what it sounds like.
you can still have a normal conversation or listen to the radio.

I have not had anyone hear or ride in my car think it was ridiculous loud (of course I hang around with performance car guys so if you are a fairy or old then it may be too loud!!)

for those of you who dont know me the last sentence was a joke so dont get your feelings hurt if you really are a fairy or some old guy trying to be cool

Last edited by tom kerr; 10-18-2007 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:15 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tom kerr
cut the crap and to straight pipes. cheap, light weight most hp period. at idle car sound NORMAL short shifting through the neighborhood, no problems.
at WOT oh man it is bad ***.
as for the loss of low end torque....gee I cant tell and my lap times are as fast or faster than most.
werd...Im back on straight pipes now...and that GT1 block sound is no joke!

Old 10-18-2007, 10:24 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sechsgang
werd...Im back on straight pipes now...and that GT1 block sound is no joke!
that is because you my friend are our HERO!!! keep up the good work, hope to see ya at a track soon!! Or at least somewhere on South Street for a cheesesteak!!

Old 10-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by BLKM3
I heard the Fabspeed loud's aren't even that loud. I don't mind resonance or drone...

Video clips would also be great.

Also I saw Markski's setup is one of his videos. I know he has a lot of engine work done, but his setup sounds amazing. Does anybody know what exhaust he has??
ok after reading this you are a straight pipe guy, the decrease in performance is a myth.

a turbo engine does not need backpressure like a NA engine and actually doesnt want back pressure so do it and save yourself 5k.

here is a short crappy vid of my brand new engine start up for the first time and at the end you can see the straight pipes. it may help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyO5LRdbb00

here is an even worse vid of me at sebring in a crappy run group before I learned how to drive but again the car sound is straight pipes and so may help you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG2CI1bK2-4

Last edited by tom kerr; 10-18-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:58 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
that is because you my friend are our HERO!!! keep up the good work, hope to see ya at a track soon!! Or at least somewhere on South Street for a cheesesteak!!
of course man...gotta make your way here or I there...

I may still have the turbo by that time...but...theres always that possiblity that I have the turbo and a ...

Old 10-19-2007, 08:42 AM
of course man...gotta make your way here or I there...

I may still have the turbo by that time...but...theres always that possiblity that I have the turbo and a ...
a ... CUP CAR!!!!

I am looking at one of the Koni 996 Grand Am Cars to do the Koni Challenge series let me know if ya want in!! Lots of races and they are usually 3 hours.
And you are on SpeedVision....the home boys love that!!

what about this.....

: GS PorscheFormer championship winning Speedsource built Porsche 996. Race ready with the following;
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']3.6L motor[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']
Moton Triple adjustable shocks - Coil over springs
Race flywheel (spec weight)
K&N air intake
1.5" Dry break fuel port
Full welded in roll cage
Race-Tech seat
Schroth HANS style belts
MOMO quick disconnect steering wheel
Cool shirt system installed
Race-Technology GPS data and dash display
B&M Short shifter
Porsche Motorsports shift cables
Grand am spec weight box
KONI eligible through 2010
New windshied
[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']$45,000, [/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']ready for VIR[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Full selection of spares also available at photos.ascmotorsports.com/v/For+Sale/[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']It is the blue & yellow car in the photos. All graphics have been removed, car is solid blue.[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']email - zarnold-at-ascmotorsports-dot-com - or call 419-939-3440[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']then do this........[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']2008 SCHEDULE GRAND-AM KONI CHALLENGE SERIES

Date Venue Distance

Jan. 25 Daytona International Speedway 3 hours

April 26 Virginia International Raceway * 2 1Ž2 hours

May 26 Lime Rock Park * 200 miles

June 15 Mosport International Raceway * 200 miles

June 22 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course # 2 1Ž2 hours

July 5 Watkins Glen International 250 miles

July 19 Barber Motorsports Park + 250 miles

Aug. 10 Iowa Speedway 2 1Ž2 hours

Aug. 16-17 Trois Rivieres * 2 1Ž2 hours

Sept. 21 Miller Motorsports Park 250 miles

Oct. 4-5 Virginia International Raceway * 6 hours
* - Split class races

[/FONT]

Last edited by tom kerr; 10-19-2007 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:04 AM
a ... CUP CAR!!!!

I am looking at one of the Koni 996 Grand Am Cars to do the Koni Challenge series let me know if ya want in!! Lots of races and they are usually 3 hours.
And you are on SpeedVision....the home boys love that!!

what about this.....

: GS PorscheFormer championship winning Speedsource built Porsche 996. Race ready with the following;
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']3.6L motor[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']
Moton Triple adjustable shocks - Coil over springs
Race flywheel (spec weight)
K&N air intake
1.5" Dry break fuel port
Full welded in roll cage
Race-Tech seat
Schroth HANS style belts
MOMO quick disconnect steering wheel
Cool shirt system installed
Race-Technology GPS data and dash display
B&M Short shifter
Porsche Motorsports shift cables
Grand am spec weight box
KONI eligible through 2010
New windshied
[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']$45,000, [/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']ready for VIR[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Full selection of spares also available at photos.ascmotorsports.com/v/For+Sale/[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']It is the blue & yellow car in the photos. All graphics have been removed, car is solid blue.[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']email - zarnold-at-ascmotorsports-dot-com - or call 419-939-3440[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']then do this........[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']2008 SCHEDULE GRAND-AM KONI CHALLENGE SERIES

Date Venue Distance

Jan. 25 Daytona International Speedway 3 hours

April 26 Virginia International Raceway * 2 1Ž2 hours

May 26 Lime Rock Park * 200 miles

June 15 Mosport International Raceway * 200 miles

June 22 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course # 2 1Ž2 hours

July 5 Watkins Glen International 250 miles

July 19 Barber Motorsports Park + 250 miles

Aug. 10 Iowa Speedway 2 1Ž2 hours

Aug. 16-17 Trois Rivieres * 2 1Ž2 hours

Sept. 21 Miller Motorsports Park 250 miles

Oct. 4-5 Virginia International Raceway * 6 hours
* - Split class races

[/FONT]

Im so down for VIR, Limerock, Watkins and prally daytona if I can get down there before the race...haha.

I really want to get into some big series right now (well, in the next 2-3 yrs) and Im getting professional help(the driving kind...ehem) and hopefully will so SOME testing with Synergy or Fahrn within the next couple of years...

I would love to find someone to run with though...You know we are going to make a TT team sometime...only, they will weight 2900 lbs, have 600 hp and sequentials...haha

EDIT...if you buy that car, Ill definitely rent seats for some of those races.

Last edited by sechsgang; 10-19-2007 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Im so down for VIR, Limerock, Watkins and prally daytona if I can get down there before the race...haha.

I really want to get into some big series right now (well, in the next 2-3 yrs) and Im getting professional help(the driving kind...ehem) and hopefully will so SOME testing with Synergy or Fahrn within the next couple of years...

I would love to find someone to run with though...You know we are going to make a TT team sometime...only, they will weight 2900 lbs, have 600 hp and sequentials...haha

EDIT...if you buy that car, Ill definitely rent seats for some of those races.

working on it let ya know!!

Old 10-19-2007, 11:48 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Keep me in the loop too. I wish to get into some of this myself and sooner than later.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:14 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Back from the dead.

I plan to build my own exhaust at a place here called Mandrel Bent Solutions, they did a wicked job on the exhaust on my sc300.

I plan to use either (2) Vibrant Race Mufflers, or (2) Burns SS Mufflers and (2) KKK Exhaust Flanges and all 3" SS Piping; i'll update you guys once its done; and a copy of the B&B Tips.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:57 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vntperformance
Back from the dead.

I plan to build my own exhaust at a place here called Mandrel Bent Solutions, they did a wicked job on the exhaust on my sc300.

I plan to use either (2) Vibrant Race Mufflers, or (2) Burns SS Mufflers and (2) KKK Exhaust Flanges and all 3" SS Piping; i'll update you guys once its done; and a copy of the B&B Tips.
Done yet?

Old 10-21-2009, 10:53 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
I have a Fabspeed Gen1 with 100 cell Cats forsale..

Old 10-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
My system is from TTP, a German company and yes it is loud but without any drone.
Here is the webpage. http://www.t-t-p.de/english/996turbo.php

I would consider selling it siince I am now running straight pipes. PM me if interested.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:42 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BLKM3
I have a Stage 2 car with Europipe Stage 1 exhaust. The exhaust was put on by the previous owner. Although it sounds great (nice tuned sound) its WAY too quiet for me.

I am looking for a very loud, tuned exhaust for my TT. I would like the Europipe tune, but I heard even the europipe loud is not that loud. What do you guy recommend?

The reason I say no straightpipes is because I heard the car loses low end torque and I don't want that. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLNl5n5ihpA

Mine is too loud for a small town, love the sound, looking for a quieter exhaust but still with a little gt sound..

Old 11-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Double Trouble is infamous around these parts
Just bought a fabspeed gen 1 gt2 exhaust with 100 cell cats. Absolutely love it. It's pretty loud at cold startup which in my opinion sounds awesome, and otherwise has a nice roar. In my opinion, its not THAT loud, but I'm also used to cammed 'vettes with longtubes and no mufflers...

Cheers,
Ben

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking for a Loud Exhaust - No straightpipes